Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

1 hour ago, Boss7894 said:

What if it’s Max Duggan like so many people wanted?

Max Duggan had a very crappy game against Georgia  

But the kid can play football

If he is on the board still in 5th round, I would grab him  

Not as our primary QB, but a long term backup

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree 100%

He is a starter with 3-5 years left

I dont want the guy here......  We have done the "bring the vet in approach" 3 times now 

Been there, done that ..... Have the T Shirt

Let get a rookie going, and bring in a second teir QB to be backup

If I’m Carr the only way I approve a trade is if the new team is good with my current contract.  If they want to rework it you may as well force a release and negotiate with other teams as well.  I would have no trouble bringing in Carr to start and still drafting a quarterback.  I’m thinking Rodgers Love scenario.  You can always move to the new quarterback if Carr doesn’t work out.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So how would people feel about a hypothetical situation where we traded down 3 spots to acquire Carr with the Raiders and draft Levis at 7 considering we release Matt Ryan or he retires this offseason? Just throwing something out there.

I would love that.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

If I’m Carr the only way I approve a trade is if the new team is good with my current contract.  If they want to rework it you may as well force a release and negotiate with other teams as well.  I would have no trouble bringing in Carr to start and still drafting a quarterback.  I’m thinking Rodgers Love scenario.  You can always move to the new quarterback if Carr doesn’t work out.

Please, no more retreads.  Haven't we learned our lesson yet?

32 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

This is a deceiving stat.

Wentz only threw for 3500 yards that season.  There were games where Wentz only threw the ball 5 times a game.  Frank lost confidence in him.

If Wentz threw it more, he would have thrown alot more picks.

Selective memory guys.  

Look for yourself.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_career_2021.htm

When we hAD  Wentz he had the 7TH LOWEST CAREER INTERCEPTION RATE OF ALL TIME IN THE NFL.   Only Aaron Rodgers, Tyrod Taylor, Patrick Mahomes, Dak Prescott, Colin Kapernick, Russell Wilson, and Tom Brady had lower.

So you guys can debate and feel that he threw Ints at a high rate, but surely you can see that you are just wrong when looking at this list.  

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Wait until he’s released.  Swapping 1st with Raiders is different 

I wouldn’t even risk it because then the raiders will take Levi’s . No way any of the three top QBs are there after 5 . Stroud and young 100 percent will go top 3 Levi’s will get scooped up at 4 if we trade .   

so then we are stuck with carr who had 6 losing seasons out of 9 .  He has the best wr in football a top 5 tight end in waller good line and elite running back and can’t get above . 500 .   

with less weapons and a worse line we are going .500 with carr 

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So how would people feel about a hypothetical situation where we traded down 3 spots to acquire Carr with the Raiders and draft Levis at 7 considering we release Matt Ryan or he retires this offseason? Just throwing something out there.

Not the worst thing I’ve heard. 

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Selective memory guys.  

Look for yourself.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_career_2021.htm

When we hAD  Wentz he had the 9TH LOWEST CAREER INTERCEPTION RATE OF ALL TIME IN THE NFL.   Only Aaron Rodgers, Tyrod Taylor, Patrick Mahomes, Dak Prescott, Colin Kapernick, Russell Wilson, and Tom Brady had lower.

So you guys can debate and feel that he threw Ints at a high rate, but surely you can see that you are just wrong when looking at this list.  

Maybe he did have a lower interception rate than some but when he did throw interceptions it cost games. Left handed pick sixes out of the end zone gets you the door.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe he did have a lower interception rate than some but when he did throw interceptions it cost games. Left handed pick sixes out of the end zone gets you the door.

I said earlier there were some memorable ones.  The ole left hander was the worst football play I've ever seen a QB make at the NFL level.  Really at just about any level.  From HS on there is only one option for a pass on a screen pass.  It was really a play that is beyond explanation. 

There is no plan B on a screen pass rather than to throw it at the feet of the receiver if it's snuffed out.  You can't throw downfield because it will be grounding or illegal lineman downfield.  

but Carson Wentz had a very low INT% for a career and it was low for us. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Idk why the first thing that came to mind is “The nerve of this guy”haha  I’m far passed the past and respect Pagano, but part of me thinks back and look at Pagano as him BEING a part of why we lost our Franchise QB.  I do agree with his statement though as do all of us

Maybe if Luck would have listened to Pagano more about protecting himself he might still be playing? 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Why make Wentz an issue? Irsay was correct when he said no more. 

Wentz is old news and is no longer relevant to the Colts. 

C your way out of the convo then.  People were discussing Levis and said he reminded him of of Wentz with the TO proneness.  I said Wentz wasn't TO prone.  and it went from there

Feel free to make this choice.

.opting out no thank you GIF by Chelsea Handler

We were discussing it because we wanted to. 

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

C your way out of the convo then.  People were discussing Levis and said he reminded him of of Wentz with the TO proneness.  I said Wentz wasn't TO prone.  and it went from there

Feel free to make this choice.

.opting out no thank you GIF by Chelsea Handler

We were discussing it because we wanted to. 

You have a distinct way of making things into arguments. Nothing can be a friendly debate with you because of that. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

You have a distinct way of making things into arguments. Nothing can be a friendly debate with you because of that. 

Good lord Crazy I will just say you have some distinctive posting effort too.

you don't debate.  you sloganize.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not saying it's never happened, but I don't recall seeing anything from you that was worthy of responding too with anything but a sneer.

You just go around playing one of the cops here and your are very boring. 

26 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I wouldn’t even risk it because then the raiders will take Levi’s . No way any of the three top QBs are there after 5 . Stroud and young 100 percent will go top 3 Levi’s will get scooped up at 4 if we trade .   

so then we are stuck with carr who had 6 losing seasons out of 9 .  He has the best wr in football a top 5 tight end in waller good line and elite running back and can’t get above . 500 .   

with less weapons and a worse line we are going .500 with carr 

I think a lot of people will be surprised, and Levis will be no later than the 2nd QB taken, if not the 1st.  I obviously could be wrong, but that's my gut instinct.

Watched even more of Will Levis. It's unreal how similar he looks to Josh Allen sometimes in his college tape. It's feels eerily similar too. But then again I know the chances of a player becoming another Josh Allen are so incredibly low... 

Josh Allen is probably an exception and not the future norm... Sigh... But I can't help but think what if Levis could become like that? 

This is going to be a tough decision for Ballard. 

I've been thinking for a while about the Colts trading for no.1. I think unless the Bears absolutely love one of our vets, it will  be extremely hard to trade up to no. 1 without giving up an additional 1st... maybe more. If we are not giving them a 1st then the Texans very likely would give them the equivalent of a second to move up just one spot. And then the Bears will be able to again trade back with us or someone else who wants the second QB in the draft. Or if we don't give them a 1st to drop to 4... then I can absolutely see the Panthers giving them 2 1sts + to get to no. 1.

Last time no. 1 was for sale it wasn't the teams right behind the top teams that traded up... it was teams further back in the draft order - in 2016 the Rams gave up #15, #43, #45, #76, future 1st and future 3d to move up to no. 1. This is like ... 6 picks in the top 80 of the draft. Same year the Eagles traded up from 8 to 2 and gave up #8, #77, #100, future 1st and future 2nd. 

I was dreaming of a possibility that we would be able to trade up without losing our 1st round pick next year, but it just seems extremely unlikely to me. The Bears will get a better offer than 2nd +2 3ds or something of the sort. 

Just now, stitches said:

I've I was dreaming of a possibility that we would be able to trade up without losing our 1st round pick next year, but it just seems extremely unlikely to me. 

After watching a couple of the Bears media reports they seem to think they can fleece the Colts. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Watched even more of Will Levis. It's unreal how similar he looks to Josh Allen sometimes in his college tape. It's feels eerily similar too. But then again I know the chances of a player becoming another Josh Allen are so incredibly low... 

Josh Allen is probably an exception and not the future norm... Sigh... But I can't help but think what if Levis could become like that? 

This is going to be a tough decision for Ballard. 

Allen led the league in interceptions I believe.  And he runs too much for me.  He’s good no doubt and a good comp for Levis.

Maybe they do a Trubisky size deal to move up to #3.  If Houston trades back up to #1, you could have your choice of Stroud or Levis(assuming the Bears don't trade down again), but regardless you know you're coming away with a QB.

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

I've been thinking for a while about the Colts trading for no.1. I think unless the Bears absolutely love one of our vets, it will  be extremely hard to trade up to no. 1 without giving up an additional 1st... maybe more. If we are not giving them a 1st then the Texans very likely would give them the equivalent of a second to move up just one spot. And then the Bears will be able to again trade back with us or someone else who wants the second QB in the draft. Or if we don't give them a 1st to drop to 4... then I can absolutely see the Panthers giving them 2 1sts + to get to no. 1. 

I was dreaming of a possibility that we would be able to trade up without losing our 1st round pick next year, but it just seems extremely unlikely to me. 

Maybe a conditional 2nd could work.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Allen led the league in interceptions I believe.  And he runs too much for me.  He’s good no doubt and a good comp for Levis.

Holy hell... He doesn't have the most but he's only 1 off from the most. Mills and Prescott had 15, Allen had 14. 

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

After watching a couple of the Bears media reports they seem to think they can fleece the Colts. 

They probably can. This is what happens when everybody knows you are desperate and when your GM straight up says "yes, I would trade up to no. 1 whatever it takes if we like a QB"(not exact quote but... was amounting to something along those lines). 

And they have even more leverage knowing that we are bidding against a division rival. Getting the no. 1 QB is not just getting him for ourselves - it's taking him away from the Texans. 

I tend to agree with @DougDew

If Bennett is sub 5'11 and under 200lbs, Bryce Young is the exact same size.

They are both very similar players, even in mobility and arm strength.

And don't tell me that Stetson was surrounded by a better team than Young with Alabama.

Or Stroud with OSU.

Bennett outplayed all of them.

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

I tend to agree with @DougDew

If Bennett is sub 5'11 and under 200lbs, Bryce Young is the exact same size.

They are both very similar players, even in mobility and arm strength.

And don't tell me that Stetson was surrounded by a better team than Young with Alabama.

Or Stroud with OSU.

Bennett outplayed all of them.

I mean, it's not wrong. Dude's got 2 championships and now an MVP. If he sucked they wouldn't have won back to back. 

Archived