Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Years of experience with Mudd, Moore, Manning just showed up!

throwing BBZ

Saturday developed into a superior pass blocker, and running game blocking technician.
 He KNOWS FOOTBALL!  He was taught by the Elite and was Intelligent enough to learn it.
  Watching that tape of him taking it to Manning over NOT running the ball said what should be comprehensible. 
Saturday has the strength of will to Stand up to Man Up!  The guy is Sharp. We have our Vrabel.

that doesnt translate to being a head coach though  , frank was around jim kelly and bill polian and manning etc .    it didnt work out for frank just being a great player or being around successful franchises does not mean as much as people think .   we will see but if jeff succeeds its about jeff as a coach not based on who he was around because plenty of bad coaches like josh mcdaniels came from great coaches and teams . 

3 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Irsay did say they tried to hire Jeff twice before( not for HC ) but didn't work out. I am curious as to what the problems were

I think they said Jeff’s schedule didn’t work out to do it. So it didn’t pan out. 

10 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Saturday developed into a superior pass blocker, and running game blocking technician.
 He KNOWS FOOTBALL!  He was taught by the Elite and was Intelligent enough to learn it.
  Watching that tape of him taking it to Manning over NOT running the ball said what should be comprehensible. 
Saturday has the strength of will to Stand up to Man Up!  The guy is Sharp. We have our Vrabel.

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

that doesnt translate to being a head coach though  , frank was around jim kelly and bill polian and manning etc .    it didnt work out for frank just being a great player or being around successful franchises does not mean as much as people think .   we will see but if jeff succeeds its about jeff as a coach not based on who he was around because plenty of bad coaches like josh mcdaniels came from great coaches and teams . 

I understand both takes, and often have had both thoughts. 

One thing is for sure, though, no matter what happens, the rest of the season is bound to be a lot more interesting! 

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Frank has a SB Champ ring and a winning record here under difficult circumstances. Franks mentors and those experiences ARE why he got this job. McDaniels as a comparison is so... You.

Saturday vs Vrabel sounds epic to me. 

25 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Frank has a SB Champ ring and a winning record here under difficult circumstances. Franks mentors and those experiences ARE why he got this job. McDaniels as a comparison is so... You.

Saturday vs Vrabel sounds epic to me. 

you didnt really address my overall point though .  every  new head coach comes from a winning team with a good culture and good head coach .   most coaches fail that doesnt mean jeff will  , my point was you cant say he will be good just because he was a good player .  even if you dont wanna talk mcdaniels there are plenty of other patriot OC and DC's who were lousy coaches .

i hope jeff  does good and sam develops i am still high up on sam .   that would solve the major problem with this team QB  and make it easy to go get a 1st round left tackle and take a guard in the second round .   i just dont share the same amount of optimism as you and thats okay to have a different opinion .   i have plenty of bad opinions on what would work in the past or what players i thought were gonna be good .   that is what i like about this forum plenty of different outlooks from doomers to optimistic fans and some fans  in the middle .

Archived