Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

50th Anniversary of the Miami Dolphins "Perfect Season"

sb41champs

The Miami Dolphins play the Pittsburgh Steelers on "Sunday Night Football" this weekend.

They are celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Miami Dolphins "Perfect Season" in 1972.

Regardless of the number of games played:

Do you think there will ever be another "perfect season" in the National Football League?

2 hours ago, sb41champs said:

The Miami Dolphins play the Pittsburgh Steelers on "Sunday Night Football" this weekend.

They are celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Miami Dolphins "Perfect Season" in 1972.

Regardless of the number of games played:

Do you think there will ever be another "perfect season" in the National Football League?

I mean, if the game continues on indefinitely, then the odds say yes eventually a perfect season will happen again. 

Kinda weird that I worked in Doug Casons house a couple years ago! The OG of that undefeated Miami team and played on IUs Rose Bowl team! Didnt really know who he was until I walked into his trophy room. Couldnt talk to him that much though because he had covid and it was draft day. He was doing something on the phone the whole time for the Dolphins draft picks.

anyways, I wouldnt have any doubt that the Colts coulda went undefeated if it werent for Claudwell and Polian resting players at the end of the Peyton era! 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, RollerColt said:

I mean, if the game continues on indefinitely, then the odds say yes eventually a perfect season will happen again. 

Actually I don't think so.. They just keep adding games. The Phins were 17-0 right altogether? Now you have to go 20-0 I dont think that's gonna happen.. The Bills looked unstoppable early, I thought this would be the team they has NO weakness and yet they still dropped one.

No way Eagles win out lol their division alone is tough enough to go undefeated. And then I don't think they beat the AFC team (Bill, Chiefs) in the Bowl

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Actually I don't think so.. They just keep adding games. The Phins were 17-0 right altogether? Now you have to go 20-0 I dont think that's gonna happen.. The Bills looked unstoppable early, I thought this would be the team they has NO weakness and yet they still dropped one.

No way Eagles win out lol their division alone is tough enough to go undefeated. And then I don't think they beat the AFC team (Bill, Chiefs) in the Bowl

That's actually a really good and fair point. The season is much longer now. I'd say if the Bills manage to lose only 1 game this season and then win the Super Bowl, that's one hell of an achievement. 

It was great to see the old men whose names will live in infamy. "Csonk" still looks healthy despite the efforts of the great defensemen that gave their all to stop him only to fail. The dark cloud hanging over that season for me was knowing their coach left the Baltimore Colts.

13 hours ago, King Colt said:

It was great to see the old men whose names will live in infamy. "Csonk" still looks healthy despite the efforts of the great defensemen that gave their all to stop him only to fail. The dark cloud hanging over that season for me was knowing their coach left the Baltimore Colts.

Shula was kind of forced out by Rosenbloom. 

They did it with a quarterback that is hardly ever mentioned when it comes to rating QBs. That says a whole bunch about Shulas's game plans and whoever staffed that team. Thank God the Pats did not do it so we did not have to hear eternal comparisons of the two organizations.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

They did it with a quarterback that is hardly ever mentioned when it comes to rating QBs. That says a whole bunch about Shulas's game plans and whoever staffed that team. Thank God the Pats did not do it so we did not have to hear eternal comparisons of the two organizations.

They played in an era where you had a balanced game plan.

Bob Griese is a HOF quarter back - and - rightfully so.

Coach Don Shula is a HOFer and the "All-Time Winningest NFL Head Coach".

You play in the moment - with the number of games assigned - and - with the types of players that are available in that time frame.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Which QB are you referring to? Griese or Morrall?

A lot of people don't know that it was Morrall that got 9 of those wins. 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Griese started the SB so he gets the W but Shula won in the regular season with both. Just like Foles in Philly - Wentz was great that reg season but Foles got the W, even in Denver Oz played well in the regular season for a few games but Peyton go the W in the SB.

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Griese, Morrall played for a half dozen teams including the Colts when he failed to beat the Jets in SB III.

Yah it will defintely happen. Pats went 16-0 lost in the superbowl. 84 49ers and 85 Bears went 15-1 then won the SB. Theres 3 team that were one game away. With the 17 game now and likely an 18th coming soon. It will be tougher. Still the odds say it will happen.

15 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yah it will defintely happen. Pats went 16-0 lost in the superbowl. 84 49ers and 85 Bears went 15-1 then won the SB. Theres 3 team that were one game away. With the 17 game now and likely an 18th coming soon. It will be tougher. Still the odds say it will happen.

Odds say it will happen?really?

It's only happened 3 times since 1920 and only once since 1942.  That's pretty low Odds IMO.

14 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yep, unless they say it will happen in the next 10 years, saying it will happen is pretty solid.

Archived