Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard at Practice

dw49

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

First,  he isn't getting traded. 

Second. I think you may want to look at that dead money for 2023 a little closer

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/darius-leonard-25135/

Looks like $24 million if I’m looking at it closer. Which is more than the cap hit this year.would it not be possible though for a team who really wanted him to do what the Commanders did with Wentz, and just pay most of his salary?

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Looks like $24 million if I’m looking at it closer. Which is more than the cap hit this year.would it not be possible though for a team who really wanted him to do what the Commanders did with Wentz, and just pay most of his salary?

That’s not how salary cap hits work.  They come from things like signing bonuses which are different from his salary.  If you release a player or trade him you get stuck with his bonuses and it counts as a dead cap hit.  

57 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

So just seen that Leonard was inactive for todays game.  I want him to get completely healthy of course, but does anyone know if there is more to this situation?  It is very concerning that his status has been so secretive this year.  Makes me wonder if his back was re-injured

He is healing a broken nose

On 10/19/2022 at 9:11 PM, AwesomeAustin said:

I don’t think we should trade him yet. It’s been a tough start for him and he may return to form. If anything they have a potential out in his contract after next year.  Too early to say right now and I hope he is playing at the level we are used to by game 10 or so. 

Leonard himself has said he has "Lost the Love of the game"....  bad sign and it shows....  Time to trade him

Archived