Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Titans Part II Discussion

RollerColt

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know league ranks based on YPG don’t mean that much, especially after only 6 weeks, but it’s notable that Tennessee has the league’s 31st rated offense and 28th defense.  We’re not going up against a team that has met with much on- field success this year.  By contrast, Indy has the #14 O (believe it or not) and the #10 D.

25 minutes ago, Archer said:

I know league ranks based on YPG don’t mean that much, especially after only 6 weeks, but it’s notable that Tennessee has the league’s 31st rated offense and 28th defense.  We’re not going up against a team that has met with much on- field success this year.  By contrast, Indy has the #14 O (believe it or not) and the #10 D.

But they still beat the Colts a couple weeks ago and now this game is in Nashville and they are coming off a bye so all the off field advantages are going their way.  

Home field advantage is good for 2 points to the odds-makers.  

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-odds-how-much-home-field-advantage-worth-spread

4 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

I don't see a WC coming out of the South.  

I agree.

It's... Possible. Unlikely, but if somehow, someway Denver figures out their offense, they and Las Vegas could play spoiler for other teams wild card hopes. 

In reality, the AFC East at the moment could be sending three teams to the playoffs. Then you have Bengals and Ravens duking it out while the Chargers and Chiefs fight each other. We now have a tiebreaker over the Chiefs which is nice if the Chargers steal the division from them. 

That leaves the AFC South in the dust unless both the Colts and Titans get to over 11 wins. 

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

But they still beat the Colts a couple weeks ago and now this game is in Nashville and they are coming off a bye so all the off field advantages are going their way.  

Home field advantage is good for 2 points to the odds-makers.  

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-odds-how-much-home-field-advantage-worth-spread

True, but we outgained them a couple of weeks ago by a good margin and truly lost due to turnovers (our 3 to their none).  If our new uptempo offense keeps those turnovers down, I like our chances in this game…

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I agree.

It's... Possible. Unlikely, but if somehow, someway Denver figures out their offense, they and Las Vegas could play spoiler for other teams wild card hopes. 

In reality, the AFC East at the moment could be sending three teams to the playoffs. Then you have Bengals and Ravens duking it out while the Chargers and Chiefs fight each other. We now have a tiebreaker over the Chiefs which is nice if the Chargers steal the division from them. 

That leaves the AFC South in the dust unless both the Colts and Titans get to over 11 wins. 

I think the Browns will be challenging for the last playoff spot too.  When Watson returns, they will be a tough team.  

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

True, but we outgained them a couple of weeks ago by a good margin and truly lost due to turnovers (our 3 to their none).  If our new uptempo offense keeps those turnovers down, I like our chances in this game…

IF Reich doesn't go back to his ways of play calling.  

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

That's fair. I just know that the team from top down have winning the division as the #1 priority first and foremost. Losing to the Titans twice pretty much would end that goal. So in order to win the division, this is a must-win scenario. To make the playoffs however, you're right in that it's not. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is the biggest game we have had in a long while, if we win this we control everything, if not then we will be fighting for a wildcard. Just keeping it real.

But still, if we lose, we only need to make up 2 games on them to win the division with over half a season left. That's certainly do able, especially mathematically. 

In other words, whoever wins is a long way from locking the division up with 9 games left.

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

But still, if we lose, we only need to make up 2 games on them to win the division with over half a season left. That's certainly do able, especially mathematically. 

In other words, whoever wins is a long way from locking the division up with 9 games left.

If we lose we will be fighting for a wild card

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I agree.

I dont see either team getting to 11 wins

I just got off the phone with my uncle. We joke around a lot. He is a huge Tennessee fan. I called him and told him we will own you come Sunday haha , he said you have a QB in a wheel chair that it is 50 lmao . I told him you have a QB that chokes in big moments. On and on, we both agree that the game is 50/50. I am just glad as a fan we have something as fans to look forward too. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just got off the phone with my uncle. We joke around a lot. He is a huge Tennessee fan. I called him and told him we will own you come Sunday haha , he said you have a QB in a wheel chair that it is 50 lmao . I told him you have a QB that chokes in big moments. On and on, we both agree that the game is 50/50. I am just glad as a fan we have something as fans to look forward too. 

He told me King Henry is going for a 150 haha , I told him Matty Ice will put them away in the end lmao . He said Matty Ice won't survive against our big guys up front. He lives in KY, he is a great dude. 

Archived