Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Panthers fire HC Rhule

Happy2BeHere

To be expected. Reich hasn't finished below .500 except with Jacoby Brissett to show the same ineptitude that Matt Rhule showed. So the least we should give is this season to play out and if we fall just short of making the playoffs, show him the door. If we are just a wild card, I would still show him the door. Anything short of winning this division, Reich should be let go, IMO.

6 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Based on how we look now, if we make the playoffs he should get a medal. I will be surprised if we are .500 or better

We are the classic definition of .500 right now at 2-2-1. There is no doubt in my mind, based on history, that we will finish .500 or better. The true question would be is if Frank Reich is the coach that will get the ceiling out of this roster. If it were just 1 or 2 years of slow starts, it would be understandable but at some point, even with a full training camp for a QB, we come out underachieving. 

Like I said, only winning the division and a playoff win should save Frank Reich's seat. Jon Fox got fired after a divisional round loss, Mike Mularkey was fired after a divisional round loss, it depends on what the GM and/or owner feels the ceiling of the roster is and if Reich is the right coach to help us accomplish it. 

Seemed inevitable that Rhule would be let go this season (or right after the season ends). Carolina really hasn't showed any progress since Rhule arrived. I'm sure that's not all his fault but letting the HC go is how these situations usually play out. 

6 minutes ago, aReggie7 said:

Seemed inevitable that Rhule would be let go this season (or right after the season ends). Carolina really hasn't showed any progress since Rhule arrived. I'm sure that's not all his fault but letting the HC go is how these situations usually play out. 

And his contract was for a whopping $62 Million!!! He never impressed me on the NFL level. When was the last time we had a college coach that did well? I guess Carroll but he came from the NFL. He was a head coach twice before going to USC.

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

And his contract was for a whopping $62 Million!!! He never impressed me on the NFL level. When was the last time we had a college coach that did well? I guess Carroll but he came from the NFL. He was a head coach twice before going to USC.

Not in a LONG time

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I had to look it up, Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll. That’s the last college head coaches to go to the NFL and lead their teams to the playoffs or more

8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Baker curse strikes again. Can’t believe they chose to play with backup level QBs then were surprised it didn’t work out

Heisman trophy winning QBs, it is quite the jinx. Who was the last Heisman trophy winning QB to win a SB?  Both Joe Burrow and Cam Newton went to a SB and lost. 

EDIT: Found the answer - Jim Plunkett won the SB in 1984 and also was a Heisman trophy winner.

10 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

Eric B or Flores should get that job. 

Flores should get the job.  He had a winning team in Miami.  

BUT - the "trendy coaches" are offensive coaches - NOT - defensive coaches - so Flores got the boot for no reason other than he is a defensive coach.

BAH HUMBUG!!

Archived