Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Insider: 53 takeaways from Colts training camp.

Bolt Colt

The Colts wrapped up training camp at Grand Park on Wednesday, putting to rest the franchise’s quietest camp in at least half a decade.

With that in mind, here is a look at 53 takeaways from the 16 practice sessions at Grand Park.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/08/26/colts-53-takeaways-from-training-camp/65457272007/

Good read on each player, rookies and UDFA's.

10. Parris Campbell had a few big days working over the middle. Campbell also had a few days punctuated by drops, and the Colts are going to need consistency out of the slot.

I'm concerned about Campbell working the middle of the field as a lot of safeties go heading hunting out there.

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

27. Grover Stewart’s power can be breathtaking at times.

:thmup:

Couple that with what he said about how DeFo can’t be blocked by one man.  We have to feel good about the DT starters.   Not real confident in the guys behind them yet.  

14 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Couple that with what he said about how DeFo can’t be blocked by one man.  We have to feel good about the DT starters.   Not real confident in the guys behind them yet.  

I'm certain Ballard will be on the waiver wire looking for help at DT. Losing Taylor Stallworth may be bigger than we would like it to be. Hoping maybe a guy like McIntosh can shore things up.

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

10. Parris Campbell had a few big days working over the middle. Campbell also had a few days punctuated by drops, and the Colts are going to need consistency out of the slot.

I'm concerned about Campbell working the middle of the field as a lot of safeties go heading hunting out there.

I really hope to see Hines helping in the slot.  I think he could be a Welker/Edelman type if used there. 

It's never been clear if Campbell was ever going to be more than a gadget type of player coming out of college, and though I don't hold his seemingly anomalous injuries against him like whatsoever at all (he isn't so much injury prone IMO as snakebitten with really unfortunate circumstances), he hasn't had time to develop.  SO even with health we have a guy who likely needs more time to develop if he's ever going to. 

Not a fan at of our WR/TE talent, but used properly as a slot and in 2 back sets, I think Hines could make up for some of that. 

4 hours ago, Bolt Colt said:

The Colts wrapped up training camp at Grand Park on Wednesday, putting to rest the franchise’s quietest camp in at least half a decade.

With that in mind, here is a look at 53 takeaways from the 16 practice sessions at Grand Park.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/08/26/colts-53-takeaways-from-training-camp/65457272007/

Good read on each player, rookies and UDFA's.

Don't have an INDY star subscription   Can people list some of the other takeaways?

30 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Huh.  It's asking me for money.  I wonder mabye INDYStar gives you a few free articles and I used them probably already.

I think maybe you are on to something there.  I got a pop up box to subscribe, but the article opened in full after I declined. Later I saw another smaller pop up that said I had a limited number of articles remaining.

15 hours ago, Nickster said:

Huh.  It's asking me for money.  I wonder mabye INDYStar gives you a few free articles and I used them probably already.

14 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I think maybe you are on to something there.  I got a pop up box to subscribe, but the article opened in full after I declined. Later I saw another smaller pop up that said I had a limited number of articles remaining.

That’s correct. You get about 3 free articles each couple of months. 

On 8/26/2022 at 1:51 PM, Smonroe said:

Lewis and Dayo?  They'll be the first two in.... Then a couple less developed guys.... We'll see.

17 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Lewis and Dayo?  They'll be the first two in.... Then a couple less developed guys.... We'll see.

No, I have faith in them, especially Lewis.  But they’ll play the inside mainly on pass downs.  Neither guy is really a backup for DeFo or Grove.

I’m hoping that Brooks, Johnson, or Williams breaks out.  

Archived