Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day Ten-August 11th

Restinpeacesweetchloe

4 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Zak keefers tweet was wrong about starters playing against Detroit. Reich said in his presser today they won’t play against Detroit because of joint practices.

Yes no need to play starters against Detroit when they have practiced all week long with them.

11 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I'm so happy about this! I know there are going to be injury-worries, but we haven't been ready for week 1 for 8 seasons now. It's about time they took it seriously!

The Colts take this serious every year.   The lack of success does not equal a lack of seriousness.    That’s why, in part, they changed the starting time of practice from morning to noon.   That didn’t come out of the blue or flipping a coin.    It’s why Matt Ryan has been running up-temp practices.  He’s trying to keep everyone focused on details.   And the front office has been supportive of Ryan in everything he’s done.  
Peoples careers are on the line.   That’s about as serious as it gets. 

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts take this serious every year.   The lack of success does not equal a lack of seriousness.    That’s why, in part, they changed the starting time of practice from morning to noon.   That didn’t come out of the blue or flipping a coin.    It’s why Matt Ryan has been running up-temp practices.  He’s trying to keep everyone focused on details.   And the front office has been supportive of Ryan in everything he’s done.  
Peoples careers are on the line.   That’s about as serious as it gets. 

My guess is it’s a mix of how Ryan wants to do things and Irsay lighting a fire under Reich. 

These slow starts have become something of a joke and it needs to end if we want to be anyone in this league.

More playtime for starters in the pre-season is obviously to get the team ready for week 1.

Archived