Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day Ten-August 11th

Just now, ClaytonC said:

Ugh.  I sure hope we aren't stuck with Blankenship again.

Hot rod is OK.  He was pretty consistent, but they didn't trust him past 45 or 50.  I saw him in camp making 45 yarders standing next to the ball and swinging his leg with no run up.  55 seems to be out of his range.

Other dude DEFINITELY has a bigger leg. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Hot rod is OK.  He was pretty consistent, but they didn't trust him past 45 or 50.  I saw him in camp making 45 yarders standing next to the ball and swinging his leg with no run up.  55 seems to be out of his range.

Other dude DEFINITELY has a bigger leg. 

ever since he arrived I haven't felt confident in him.  

13 minutes ago, ClaytonC said:

He has quite a bit above average FG%.  He looks a little goofy.  Is that it lol? His rookie year was perdy darn good.

Even hurt last year he was OK..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

He has quite a bit above average FG%.  He looks a little goofy.  Is that it lol? His rookie year was perdy darn good.

Yeah, idk why but we have some people here who don’t take injuries into account for certain players and how they perform.  Remember some screaming to cut Vinny when he was injured and not kicking well. Overall Hotrod has been good when not injured. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ClaytonC said:

I feel the same but maybe it stems from years of good kicking from Adam (except towards the end of course).  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

I feel the same but maybe it stems from years of good kicking from Adam (except towards the end of course).  

The Liquored Up Ijjjit Kicker before AV was the most accurate kicker ever too at the time IIRC>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

He's better than watching Vinny' s last year 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nickster said:

The Liquored Up Ijjjit Kicker before AV was the most accurate kicker ever too at the time IIRC>

i was one a the few who liked Vandy.   I also mostly agreed what he said.

32 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wow

I'm so happy about this! I know there are going to be injury-worries, but we haven't been ready for week 1 for 8 seasons now. It's about time they took it seriously!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I'm so happy about this! I know there are going to be injury-worries, but we haven't been ready for week 1 for 8 seasons now. It's about time they took it seriously!

Change in strategy is because most of our divisional games are in the first 2 months 

53 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wow

I think teams are still trying to figure out what is the “right” formula to use when playing starters in the pre-season with one less game.  For some many years it was one series in game one maybe a quarter in game two, a half in game three and then not at all in game four.  With one less game I think teams are still trying to figure out what works best to balance protecting your guys but making sure they are prepared.

17 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

One more practice this week then off to Buffalo. Wow only 7 more practices.

964EFAC5-4664-4992-AAA7-764890E90B32.jpeg

This summer has flown by. 

I always hate the end of summer, but looking forward to football season certainly helps.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gramz said:

This summer has flown by. 

I always hate the end of summer, but looking forward to football season certainly helps.

It so dadgum hot and humid this time a year down here in the dirty South that I plead for fall.  I can literally hit a soft sand wedge into the state of KY from my backyard.  Down in my area the river course has changed and KY has land when the river is down on the north side of the OHIO> 

9 minutes ago, Nickster said:

It so dadgum hot and humid this time a year down here in the dirty South that I plead for fall.  I can literally hit a soft sand wedge into the state of KY from my backyard.  Down in my area the river course has changed and KY has land when the river is down on the north side of the OHIO> 

Yes. The heat and humidity has been rough.  I'm in Ohio and we're finally getting a little bit of relief.  Hopefully we'll have a nice Fall.

Looking forward to the season.  

Go COLTS :coltshelmet:

Just now, Gramz said:

Yes. The heat and humidity has been rough.  I'm in Ohio and we're finally getting a little bit of relief.  Hopefully we'll have a nice Fall.

Looking forward to the season.  

Go COLTS :coltshelmet:

Yesterday was tolerable.  Supposed to be a nice week.  It's been oppressive here with saturating humidity and tons and tons of tropical type rain.  

28 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I’ll be in Kentucky for a week starting tomorrow, so I’m hopeful it cools down. My family was going on and on for weeks about how hot and humid it has been.