Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Way too early 53 man roster

holeymoley99

I know we will sign some vets cut by other teams in the next few days to weeks plus several USFL stars could fill NFL rosters BUT as it stands here is what we could be looking at

QB (3)- Ryan,Ehlinger-  Notable cuts Morgan, Coan

RB (4)-Taylor,Hines,Borghi,Verdell-  Notable cuts Price,Jackson

WR(6)- Pittman,Pierce,Dulin,Campbell,Strachan,Patmon-Notable cuts Harris,Coutee,Young

TE(3)-MAC,Woods,Granson- Notable cuts-Ogletree,Jacobson,Green,Kalinic

OL (9)-Pryor,Smith,Raimann,Nelson,Pinter,Kelly,Fries,Van Demark,Murray- Notable cuts Coleman, O'Donnell,Kemp

DL (10)-Paye,Stewart,Buckner,Ngakoue,Dayo,Brooks,Johnson,Lewis,Bangou,McIntosh - Notable cuts-Williams,Cline

LB (6)-Leonard,Okereke,Franklin,Speed,King,Jefferson - Notable cuts-Glasgow,Domann,Rhyne

CB (5)-Moore,Facyson,Gillmore,Rodgers,Thomas-Notable cuts-Tell,Wilcox,Chesley,Flowers,Brown

S (5)-McLeod,Blackmon,Willis,Cross,Watts-Notable cuts-Redmond,Weartheford

K (1)-Blankenship-Notable cut Verity

P (1)-Sanchez-Notable cut None

LS(1)-Rhodes-Notable cut None

Typically we have kept 6 Corners and only 4 Safety's but Gus likes to utilize 3 S a lot more then we have seen so expecting a 50/50 split (Watts mainly a st player so we need that extra S here, would be nice to have a player that could play both like Tell take a spot).

DLine we usually keep 10 but not sold B.B. makes it and someone not currently on roster may take a spot here

If Morgan shows he can read D's better his big arm could give him a spot over Sam or we may keep both and trim a spot elsewhere

TE we may see Ogletree miss the cut unless an injury occurs and hope he clears to p.s

WR Patmon could lose final spot to Harris or Coutee

LB-Jefferson vs Glasgow for final spot like last season,King was brought in for ST play, some list him as a S some as a LB he wont play either just ST

Oline will be the battle ground for Van Demark,Murray,Coleman,Kemp,O'Donnell for final spots (We could also see a vet addition here as well)

Kicker Hot Rod could get a better competition then Verity but until the injury he was fine last season and had improved his foot strength so we shall see how it plays out

I think your post draft 53 man roster is pretty good.  I think either Domann or Glasgow makes the team in the place of Jefferson and the other will end up on the practice squad.  I think we keep 3RBs versus 4RBs and keep one on the practice squad.  I think Tell will make the squad again and we will have 6CBs instead of 5.  Other than that I know it's early but your 53 looks reasonable.

Scott Patchan the DE from Arizona State is one player you don't have in your defensive line group.  He was just signed as a UDFA and might be worth watching as far as grabbing one of the final roster spots on the DL.

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

It’s super early but I think Patmon and Strachan fight for the last WR spots.

1 Pittman 2 Pierce 3 Campbell 4 Vet WR 5 Dulin 6 last spot.

I hope so. We need another vet in that room.

It could be that Tell battles it out with Watt fir the last DB spot. Tell has some corner/safety versatility and has shown some upside previously.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see TY added which leaves Patmon vs Strachan battling for the last spot. 

im betting against McIntosh making the roster. 

I think there will be 6 corners.  Flowers possibly.  Maybe the EFL MVP or Brown. 

Nice job though

7 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Looks about right.

The only change I would make is Banogu.  I have a hard time justifying keeping a player who spent the better part of the past two seasons as a healthy scratch.

They might replace him with a vet edge guy like Hughes. Tough to promise the vet much playing time though. There was supposed to be some story between Flus and BB that was going to come out.  No doubt at this point BB is fighting for a roster spot though. Maybe with a new coordinator and scheme we will see something out of Banogu. I’m not counting on it though. 

On 4/30/2022 at 6:53 PM, holeymoley99 said:

I know we will sign some vets cut by other teams in the next few days to weeks plus several USFL stars could fill NFL rosters BUT as it stands here is what we could be looking at

QB (3)- Ryan,Ehlinger-  Notable cuts Morgan, Coan

RB (4)-Taylor,Hines,Borghi,Verdell-  Notable cuts Price,Jackson

WR(6)- Pittman,Pierce,Dulin,Campbell,Strachan,Patmon-Notable cuts Harris,Coutee,Young

TE(3)-MAC,Woods,Granson- Notable cuts-Ogletree,Jacobson,Green,Kalinic

OL (9)-Pryor,Smith,Raimann,Nelson,Pinter,Kelly,Fries,Van Demark,Murray- Notable cuts Coleman, O'Donnell,Kemp

DL (10)-Paye,Stewart,Buckner,Ngakoue,Dayo,Brooks,Johnson,Lewis,Bangou,McIntosh - Notable cuts-Williams,Cline

LB (6)-Leonard,Okereke,Franklin,Speed,King,Jefferson - Notable cuts-Glasgow,Domann,Rhyne

CB (5)-Moore,Facyson,Gillmore,Rodgers,Thomas-Notable cuts-Tell,Wilcox,Chesley,Flowers,Brown

S (5)-McLeod,Blackmon,Willis,Cross,Watts-Notable cuts-Redmond,Weartheford

K (1)-Blankenship-Notable cut Verity

P (1)-Sanchez-Notable cut None

LS(1)-Rhodes-Notable cut None

Typically we have kept 6 Corners and only 4 Safety's but Gus likes to utilize 3 S a lot more then we have seen so expecting a 50/50 split (Watts mainly a st player so we need that extra S here, would be nice to have a player that could play both like Tell take a spot).

DLine we usually keep 10 but not sold B.B. makes it and someone not currently on roster may take a spot here

If Morgan shows he can read D's better his big arm could give him a spot over Sam or we may keep both and trim a spot elsewhere

TE we may see Ogletree miss the cut unless an injury occurs and hope he clears to p.s

WR Patmon could lose final spot to Harris or Coutee

LB-Jefferson vs Glasgow for final spot like last season,King was brought in for ST play, some list him as a S some as a LB he wont play either just ST

Oline will be the battle ground for Van Demark,Murray,Coleman,Kemp,O'Donnell for final spots (We could also see a vet addition here as well)

Kicker Hot Rod could get a better competition then Verity but until the injury he was fine last season and had improved his foot strength so we shall see how it plays out

I think they keep 4TE's. They drafted Ogletree with this is mind or no way he's drafted before Brooks . That's assuming he performs as expected in training camp. 

I have no comments regarding your chosen 53 but I have a few feelings on some guys whose seat is on the roster is very warm!

Every TE not named Cox, Granson, and Woods…..the drafting of Woods and Ogletree as Y’s negates all previously rostered TE’s except for maybe Wolf?

Every OT not named Pryor, Smith, and Raimann…..the drafting of Raimann and the signing of Van Demark makes it difficult for Murray, Kemp and Coleman unless they are converted to OG’s?

Every LB not named Leonard, Okereke, Speed and Franklin……Weatherford and Domann could very well make one or both of Jefferson and Glasgow expendable?

Every RB not named JT, and Hines…..Deon has his work cut out with Verdell, Borghi, Price and the HBCU kid knocking on the door.

Every Safety not named Blackmon, Willis, Cross and McLeod…..with the drafting of Cross & Thomas II coupled with the signing of Weatherford and the SMU kid Watts could be on the outside looking in.

The WR room is a mess……Pierce as the Z, Pittman as the X, Campbell in the slot with Strachan, Dulin and Patmon in the wings….leaves no room for the mighty mouses especially with the availability of Hines out of the slot. Re-signing TY would just bloody everything up. They like their WR room, prove it by not bringing anyone else in. 

The CB room seems pretty set with Gilmore and Facyson on the outside and Moore as the NB. Rodgers is a backup and  the last spot will be a battle between like 6 guys.

Just my initial thoughts

Archived