Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Big Ben sexually assaulted someone, also had Antonio Brown.  Great organization but not like their players have consistently exuded class

Just remembered Martavis Bryant.  Suspended regularly and then out of the league.  Had a few good games though.

Just now, stitches said:

How are you guys liking your draft so far? 

I liked Cine and Booth picks. Ingram as well. I didn't learn a lot about this draft class after top 75 prospects or so. I will have to wait and see how they turn out. 

If Ingram does fill the hole in interior OL, and the secondary addition make it better on game day, this draft would've achieved a lot. 

I'd like to get some more addition in WR, TE, DL group in next few picks. 

I'd have liked to have LB Brandon Smith in the round 4 pick, but they already got one in round 3 and didn't grade Smith higher. I'd have liked CB Joshua Williams, who the chiefs took later on. 

31 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@NFLfan  actually Vikings traded three times today already, one for moving up to get that CB, another to get extra 4th today by giving next year round 4 pick, plus 5th rounder. Then immediately gave away that pick to get 2 more round 5 picks, which are gonna come up in next 20 picks. 

Why? I would trade down this many times only if I am getting high picks for next year. We are passing better players for players that we pick in later rounds and cut them. Smart teams use the draft to replenish top players. Look at the Ravens. I liked Rick Spielman. He too traded a lot but when he picked -- he did not seem to reach. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Why? I would only trade down if I get high picks for next year. We are passing better players for players that we pick in later rounds and cut them. Smart teams use the draft to replenish top players. Look at the Ravens. I liked my old GM. He too traded a lot but when he picked -- he did not seem to reach. 

Kwesi definitely likes to trade a lot, up and down, even using future capital. That's all good, if his actual picks look solid. So far, no one pick stands out as extraordinary except for Booth. 

Someone in DN said Booth had sports hernia surgery earlier, and if he goes for another clean up, his availability, performance and production might be impacted in his rookie season. Let's see. 

Ravens sat down in their own picks, and took players that were being mocked heavily by both pundits and fans alike. 

Kwesi seems to be taking lesser known players who may need development. It's starting to feel UNEASY, to say the least. 

This GM seems to be not marrying analytics and scouting in appropriate proportion, imo, he seems to give more weight to analytics, metrics, and various technological advances. In the end, it's football, however much these geniuses try to decipher football through computers. 

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Eric Johnson... I have no idea about who he is and what he plays like... :dunno:

Traitsy and physical.  6'5 300.  Zeurlein implied he played kinda lazily.  Kiper just had nice things to say.  He's played a bunch of games in college and never came off the field.

I liked him, Ridgeway, Obinnigo, and Peevy as late round DTs, but Zuerleins write up turned me away from Johnson. 

@NFLfan  Rick Speilman is good in so many aspects, but his scouting on QBs were horrible after teddy pick, so it's good to part ways with him.

Let's see what Kwesi does in finding QB and in assessing cousins, because that's where his story will turn out either as success or failure. As of this year, I'm just hoping to get better in secondary and OL, other than that, we're gonna have same team as last year, hope the veterans stay healthy and not discontented with the lack of success in the organization. 

10 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Kwesi definitely likes to trade a lot, up and down, even using future capital. That's all good, if his actual picks look solid. So far, no one pick stands out as extraordinary except for Booth. 

Someone in DN said Booth had sports hernia surgery earlier, and if he goes for another clean up, his availability, performance and production might be impacted in his rookie season. Let's see. 

Ravens sat down in their own picks, and took players that were being mocked heavily by both pundits and fans alike. 

Kwesi seems to be taking lesser known players who may need development. It's starting to feel UNEASY, to say the least. 

This GM seems to be not marrying analytics and scouting in appropriate proportion, imo, he seems to give more weight to analytics, metrics, and various technological advances. In the end, it's football, however much these geniuses try to decipher football through computers. 

I will check back later. I thought they would have picked by now but my party wants to leave. 

Did we trade again?

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

2 picks in next 6.

As of now, stands as is. 

Thanks. My only big problem with Rick was signing Cousins to that ridiculous contract. Even trading for Bradford was understandable and we could get out of it. This Cousins contract has us trapped. 

Anyway, how are the Colts doing? The fans like the picks? @stitches @Colt.45 @2006Coltsbestever

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks. My only big problem with Rick was signing Cousins to that ridiculous contract. Even trading for Bradford was understandable and we could get out of it. This Cousins contract has us trapped. 

Anyway, how are the Colts doing? The fans like the picks? @stitches @Colt.45 @2006Coltsbestever

Colts draft has been stellar. I don't know anything about Eric Johnson, didnt watch his tape but guys who i trust have said he is the truth, so all said i'm good. My fave picks so far are Alec and Nick

UK Likes fan picks for MN. Esezi Otomewo is the pick. I'm sure the Colts wanted him at some point today. Good pick. Dude is strong. Good 5 tech

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have a feeling Cousins will retire as a viking. 

Did you read earlier that he himself said he wants to retire so, but that could be just agentspeak. 

I'd not be surprised if Kwesi extends Cousins for next few years, either this off-season or next. That would be even worse ridiculous contract. 

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yes, Ballard has done really well maneuvering around the board and getting good value. He's also drafting insane athletes. The 4 picks he got on day 2 had about 9.9 average RAS. :D And today he starts with 5th round pick over 9 RAS again... 

Archived