Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

13 & 11

csmopar

6 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

However that works for you, is your choice. It is far more than just winning for me. I would not trade all those years with Peyton, and 1 SB victory.......for 5 SB wins with players like Watson.

I am a Beaver fan, and when Dennis Erickson took over and all those questionable character guys joined the Beavs.....getting arrested, abusing women, and so on....I walked away from following my alma mater for almost 10 years....until that program was cleaned up. 

When I said that I would walk away from 5 decades of following this team if they traded for Watson, I meant it. Character matters. How we treat our fellow human beings matter. I am proud to say that I am a Colt fan. I love the character of the Colt locker room. I hope to hell it does not change. 

Character does matter I agree. Watson wasn't charged with anything, had he had been I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Women should be respected but they also lie when a pay grab is there. If he actually did something that wasn't consensual do you think charges would not have been filed with 22 women coming out. As long as my QB doesn't break the law I just want to win and he has never broke the law going by the law.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Character does matter I agree. Watson wasn't charged with anything, had he had been I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Women should be respected but they also lie when a pay grab is there. If he actually did something that wasn't consensual do you think charges would not have been filed with 22 women coming out. As long as my QB doesn't break the law I just want to win and he has never broke the law going by the law.

Listen, I am going to make this one response to yours, and you are welcomed to respond in kind, but this will be my last. Using the law and it's verdict as a guage of right and wrong, falls short at times when it comes to truth. I would not allow Ray Lewis or O.J. Simpson into my home or life on any level, regardless of the fact that they found a way around the law. In the city of Portland Oregon, the DA has chosen through the Mayor, to not prosecute those who are damaging the downtown area in relation to demonstrations in the last two years. It is horrible what has happened to a once beautiful downtown area. One could be there, and witness the destruction... but how could they not say admit that they are wrong? They are not being found guilty, so what is the issue?

I started this by putting a sad face on your post about Watson, and your wanting of him on this team. I will remove it. My apologies. I wasn't sad about your choice, I was sad at humanity in general. I'll move on.

I hope for yourself, that you get all the happiness you seek out of your following of the Colts. But in a selfish wish for myself, I hope that does not include trading for Watson. 

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Remember those picture of Browns fans wearing jerseys with all the names of the QBs they had since they came back?  

I sure hope we don't turn into the Browns.

IMO, Carr is the only franchise QB to break the streak.  Anyone else that starts this year probably won't start next season.

The franchise QB is (a) the hardest thing to acquire in professional football, and (b) the singlemost necessary ingredient for success…

…which is why it’s unconscionable that the Colts didn’t pull out all the stops to protect Andrew Luck better than they did.  They’d pulled the inside straight and blew it.

And it all starts with Lucks choice to retire during the last preseason game of the year in 2019.

For the sake of argument, looking back at the 2019 NFL Draft Kyler Murray and Gardner Minshew are the only relevant QB's drafted.

In 2019 Free Agency there was zero talent at QB so even if the Colts had some advance notice there was nothing they really could have done.

Perhaps instead of trading down they trade up for Daniel Jones or even Dwayne Haskins? Maybe they are better players for the Colts than the teams that drafted them and they turn into quality/franchise QB's? Chances are likely that they don't though.....

And these gems were the FA QB class that year....

Sam Bradford
Matt Cassel
Austin Davis
David Fales
Josh Johnson
Josh McCown
Brock Osweiler
Geno Smith
Brandon Weeden

So while I understand the OP's grief, there have been no better options available to us since that fateful day in August of 2019......except for Tom Brady and he NEVER would have lowered himself to sign with the Colts after all those years of kicking our *es!

And to think some of us just got out of therapy (twice) from having to witness Kerry Collins and Scott Tolzein, and you bring this back up. lol

Also, I must've totally blocked Freeman out of my mind, as I have no recollection of that ever happening. And I remember Curtis Painter like it was yesterday 

43 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

The franchise QB is (a) the hardest thing to acquire in professional football, and (b) the singlemost necessary ingredient for success…

…which is why it’s unconscionable that the Colts didn’t pull out all the stops to protect Andrew Luck better than they did.  They’d pulled the inside straight and blew it.

You won't get any argument preaching to this choirboy.

What I still remember is Grigson's arrogance, laughing about how fans were upset because he didn't bring in a high priced Guard.  And coaching didn't help either.  From Arians calling all of those empty backfield bomb, to not insisting he dump the ball off at times.

Anyway, it's in the past.  We had the golden goose and killed it.

8 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Listen, I am going to make this one response to yours, and you are welcomed to respond in kind, but this will be my last. Using the law and it's verdict as a guage of right and wrong, falls short at times when it comes to truth. I would not allow Ray Lewis or O.J. Simpson into my home or life on any level, regardless of the fact that they found a way around the law. In the city of Portland Oregon, the DA has chosen through the Mayor, to not prosecute those who are damaging the downtown area in relation to demonstrations in the last two years. It is horrible what has happened to a once beautiful downtown area. One could be there, and witness the destruction... but how could they not say admit that they are wrong? They are not being found guilty, so what is the issue?

I started this by putting a sad face on your post about Watson, and your wanting of him on this team. I will remove it. My apologies. I wasn't sad about your choice, I was sad at humanity in general. I'll move on.

I hope for yourself, that you get all the happiness you seek out of your following of the Colts. But in a selfish wish for myself, I hope that does not include trading for Watson. 

That's fair enough. With Watson no charges were even filed so IMO OJ and Ray's case are different. OJ eventhough he got off was charged with murder and it was a long trial. I wouldn't want any part of him either. Ray was also charged. Anyway hopefully by tomorrow we have a QB, It won't be Watson anyway.

Archived