Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard Press Conference

IrsaysArmy

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Omg Jason spears said he has a story about Carson being selected captain that he has never told. He said Wentz was not voted captain because he was new and missed camp. Reich gave him the C. Lol

james franco wtf GIF

Quarterback taking care of a Quarterback. Reich will justify it by saying he has never been to a team where the QB1 wasnt a Captain. 

8 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Black Diamond. Best Kiss song ever

Love BD, especially the opening. 

Hard to say "best ever" when looking at their complete discography. 

So many great songs, and songs that have completely different vibes. 

My "fav" has changed over the years. Last night, I rocked out to Deuce, Colt Gin, Sure Know Something, Hard Luck Woman, Love Gun, All Hell's Breakin Loose, and Heaven's on Fire... plus several others lol.... 

Still have a few original albums that I inherited from cousins back in the day. Still have the original Detroit Rock City / Beth 45. 

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

In the Titans game he was playing with torn ligaments in his hand. Take that game away and he had just one more INT then Wentz.

Thr niners were willing to give away   2 1st round picks for a player with limited starts and missed his last year of college. Niners were so done with Jimmy.  He is not the reason they made the play offs. Much like Wentz, he held them  back.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Jason says he won’t be shocked if Kelly  is traded.

Thats not a surprise right? I remember reading/hearing the front office and Coaches felt burnt by Kelly because of the way he negotiated OTAs. I'll see if i can find the story. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Love BD, especially the opening. 

Hard to say "best ever" when looking at their complete discography. 

So many great songs, and songs that have completely different vibes. 

My "fav" has changed over the years. Last night, I rocked out to Deuce, Colt Gin, Sure Know Something, Hard Luck Woman, Love Gun, All Hell's Breakin Loose, and Heaven's on Fire... plus several others lol.... 

Still have a few original albums that I inherited from cousins back in the day. Still have the original Detroit Rock City / Beth 45. 

1976 Portland Coliseum....I was there. 

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Thr niners were willing to give away   2 1st round picks for a player with limited starts and missed his last year of college. Niners were so done with Jimmy.  He is not the reason they made the play offs. Much like Wentz, he held them  back.

Kind of like KC. When the big upgrade comes you jump on it. Jimmy has won a lot of games but has some injury issues. He is also on his last year of his contract in 22. So it was smart to start looking. Your going to get steady QB play and you can win with him. But yes he would just be the place holder until we find the long term solution. At least we would know what we have and wouldn’t be volatile like Wentz.

3 minutes ago, jeepnkal said:

Thats not a surprise right? I remember reading/hearing the front office and Coaches felt burnt by Kelly because of the way he negotiated OTAs. I'll see if i can find the story. 

That won’t be why he is traded. He will be traded because we have Pinter ready to play and he is on a rookie deal. Would save probably ten million dollars. Plus would probably get us a third round draft pick. To pay Nelson we are going to have to have some guys on that oline on cheap deals.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Kind of like KC. When the big upgrade comes you jump on it. Jimmy has won a lot of games but has some injury issues. He is also on his last year of his contract in 22. So it was smart to start looking. Your going to get steady QB play and you can win with him. But yes he would just be the place holder until we find the long term solution. At least we would know what we have and wouldn’t be volatile like Wentz.

He does a lot of bone head plays like Wentz. Not a big fan. I would  sooner have Cousins

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He does a lot of bone head plays like Wentz. Not a big fan. I would  sooner have Cousins

He is only one year older then Carson and has won a ton more games. Every QB will have a bad play. But if you can at least get consistancy maybe that is what they need in the short term until we find out next franchise. He gets the ball out quick and on time. This offense would look a lot like Rivers offense last year. I will be watching close sunday when they play the cowboys.

16 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

1976 Portland Coliseum....I was there. 

You've got years on me lol...

A few years after that, I went to my first concert with Aunt and cousins... It was the Commodores. And around that time, mom took me to Neil Diamond and Sha Na Na... lol...

Early 80s, still a pre-teen, was my first opportunity to sneak out (Mom, I'm staying at a xxx's house) and go to concerts like Scorpians/Bon Jovi, VH, Ozzy, etc.. Can't believe we never got caught.

I miss the days of $15 general admissions lol... Us little kids were fast and great at rushing to the front lol. 

41 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Jason says he won’t be shocked if Kelly  is traded and Baker is gone.

I listened to the podcast and Kelly being traded stood out to me. While I have no doubt Pinter could step right in and the Colts would be fine I don't think trading Kelly this year saves them a lot of cap space, maybe like 3 million? I guess that's better than nothing and clears the contract beyond next season.

It's hard to judge position coaches from the outside but it just seems ridiculous for all that went wrong this year, the issues that more influential people are responsible for, and the need for better players (specifically a DE) and Baker would be the scapegoat? Of course, there could be far more to it than performance on the field. If they were to get a new dline coach I hope it's Rod Marinelli if he becomes available. Highly regarded as an outstanding dline coach.

It will be a very interesting offseason for the Colts. The same problems remain with no first round pick now but I get the impression that Irsay has turned up the heat on Ballard/Reich. That would be expected too.

3 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I listened to the podcast and Kelly being traded stood out to me. While I have no doubt Pinter could step right in and the Colts would be fine I don't think trading Kelly this year saves them a lot of cap space, maybe like 3 million? I guess that's better than nothing and clears the contract beyond next season.

It's hard to judge position coaches from the outside but it just seems ridiculous for all that went wrong this year, the issues that more influential people are responsible for, and the need for better players (specifically a DE) and Baker would be the scapegoat? Of course, there could be far more to it than performance on the field. If they were to get a new dline coach I hope it's Rod Marinelli if he becomes available. Highly regarded as an outstanding dline coach.

It will be a very interesting offseason for the Colts. The same problems remain with no first round pick now but I get the impression that Irsay has turned up the heat on Ballard/Reich. That would be expected too.

Looks like his cap hit is 9.7 if I am reading it right. But that might be less because of a pro rated bonus that we would still be responsible for. Probably could get a 3rd round pick.

As far a Baker and flus there seems to be a vanilla pass rush scheme. I am putting more of our issues on the rushing schemes then players.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Looks like his cap hit is 9.7 if I am reading it right. But that might be less because of a pro rated bonus that we would still be responsible for. Probably could get a 3rd round pick.

As far a Baker and flus there seems to be a vanilla pass rush scheme. I am putting more of our issues on the rushing schemes then players.

Yeah his cap hit is 9.7 but the actually savings is only 3 if traded prior to June 1. That's what overthecap.com shows which may not be accurate. I mean they do show his cap hit at 9.7 but is 3 million the actual savings if traded? IDK if everything on that site is 100% accurate.

https://overthecap.com/player/ryan-kelly/4731/

3 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Yeah his cap hit is 9.7 but the actually savings is only 3 if traded prior to June 1. That's what overthecap.com shows which may not be accurate. I mean they do show his cap hit at 9.7 but is 3 million the actual savings if traded? IDK if everything on that site is 100% accurate.

https://overthecap.com/player/ryan-kelly/4731/

Yesh I posted above his base salary is like 3.5 million. So we would be responsible for the rest. Do teams usually take on roster bonus in a trade? At only 3.5 it’s not worth it unless they really want that pick.

What’s the deal with Russell Wilson? Is he actually going to be out of Seattle? I’d kick the tires on him. I highly doubt Aaron Rodgers will be going anywhere but Green Bay. But I’d love him for a couple years here in Indy. Third choice…. Maybe Kirk Cousins? I wouldn’t be super excited about it but at least he can throw the ball down field. 

Pass rush, give me Chandler Jones….

3 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

What’s the deal with Russell Wilson? Is he actually going to be out of Seattle? I’d kick the tires on him. I highly doubt Aaron Rodgers will be going anywhere but Green Bay. But I’d love him for a couple years here in Indy. Third choice…. Maybe Kirk Cousins? I wouldn’t be super excited about it but at least he can throw the ball down field. 

Wilson has stated he wants to stay in Seattle. He has a no trade clause. I don’t see them giving up the future picks for him or wanting to come here. Also he is more of a deep ball guy and I am not sure how well he fits this offense. I could be wrong. Personally I think he is a little over rated. Chandler Jones would be a nice vet to add.

12 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I agree Baker shouldn't be scapegoated. Our near low league blitz rate, and vanilla rush is more the issue than anything else. It's why Autry and Houston went to other teams and did better than they did last year, and better than our DL this year... That said, I'm not tied to Baker. I just don't blame him, and doubt much would change with a new guy coaching the same the scheme. 

Not sure Kelly will be traded this year, but could see it next year. Here's RK's scenarios if released or traded this year (below). A post 6-1 trade looks like the best scenario from an all around 2022 standpoint. 

PRE-6/1 RELEASE

2022 Dead Cap: $10,750,000

2022  Cap Savings: $-1,000,000

PRE-6/1 TRADE

2022 Dead Cap: $6,750,000

2022  Cap Savings: $3,000,000

POST-6/1 RELEASE

2022 Dead Cap: $6,250,000

2023 Dead Cap: $4,500,000

2022 Cap Savings: $3,500,000

POST-6/1 TRADE

2022 Dead Cap: $2,250,000

2023 Dead Cap: $4,500,000

2022 Cap Savings: $7,500,000

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If u  watched Jimmy this  year he almost screwed the niners out of the playoffs offs by  his erratic play and costly turnovers.  Colts cannot afford to package any picks. They have to play a game of chicken with the  niners hoping they will release him. Is he an upgrade over  Carson? I am not sure. He is some what of a  turn over machine at the darndest  times and he is probably injured as much as Carson If  not more. I would pass and just  go with a rookie or  Sam.

play offs with some ofis picks. 

This part, I agree on. They cannot react in a knee jerk fashion and give up too much to 49ers, because they would be taking a chance with Jimmy G too, might as well do so with Wentz with someone as a Plan B for vet backup should things go south.

23 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Any thing else worth mentioning from the podcast? 

5 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Money Cash GIF by Adult Swim

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

He pretty much just mentioned the stuff we already knew. Mentioned how Reich is just as fed up with Wentz. But said he didn’t know if that is just to save his job. He also mentioned something funny. Wentz was not voted captain. Reich handed him the C.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This part, I agree on. They cannot react in a knee jerk fashion and give up too much to 49ers.

Jimmy will have a lot of trade value. I also saw if he won some games in the playoffs he could just finish his contract in 22 and let Lance sit one more year. If he has trade value I doubt they do that. For the colts they can’t give up a two this year. They need their picks. If would have to be a future pick. There is also the possibility they respect Jimmy enough they just release him so he can go where he wants to. Dead camp would only be 1 million. He is going to give you more consistant play and will take what’s there. He is a YAC guy.

13 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

A lot of it was stuff people have speculated from what Ballard/Reich said this week. They are going to look to move on from Wentz. From what these guys on the podcast said the Colts are done "screwing around" and will make a play for guys like Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson IF they become available. They also mentioned Jimmy G but basically said they will explore all options.

They emphasized how upset Irsay was which I think was obvious. I also heard Colin Cowherd say that on his show this week. Bob Kravitz was interviewed on a radio station in Tennessee this week and he said something similar in regards to Irsay's mood.

Zach Ertz is a possible signing but only likely if Wentz remains here.

We can expect a lot of roster turnover. Not sure about coaching staff and if there is it would only be position coaches. (unless Eberflus gets a head coaching job) They brought up Brian Baker as a possible firing.

Sounds like the Colts are going to sign a veteran/proven DE. Someone on 1070 mentioned that this week too. (Chappell maybe?) There will probably be a veteran receiver signed too. (which is an obvious need lol)

One of the guys on the podcast also brought up Wentz perhaps not putting in as much time in the film room as other QBs. Sounds like that might have been part of his story in Philly too. Not sure how much stock to put in stuff like this though. Even if you have inside info it doesn't mean all of the info is 100% accurate. I think all of us have heard rumors within our own workplace that turned out to be false. 

I think that covers it. Wentz was the main topic of course. 

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

There is one thing they could do to get Rodgers without mortgaging the future. They could have in the trade any future picks are only good if he played that season. That way if he retired they get the pick back.I just don’t know if he would want to come to Indy.

They might be able to make the Colts look appealing if we have all the right pieces in place to make a run for a couple of years. And Rodgers has lived in Wisconsin during the NFL season, im sure he can manage indy for a few months out of the year. Ive seen him around few times during the offseason, if i see him again I will definitely let him know where I think he should play.

If we cut/trade Wentz I’ve thought it would at least be partly because of him rubbing them the wrong way in a sense.

I’m not saying he’s an unlikeable guy and everybody hates him, because he clearly has a good relationship with certain guys, namely the OL. But my completely uninformed opinion is that Wentz seems like a love him or hate him kind of personality. I think he came here humbled in a sense, but I’ve always got the sense that he kind of lacks a self awareness that seeps into his take to coaching. 

It’s so hard to word without seeming like I’m calling him arrogant, but I can’t really think of a better word.

3 minutes ago, jeepnkal said:

They might be able to make the Colts look appealing if we have all the right pieces in place to make a run for a couple of years. And Rodgers has lived in Wisconsin during the NFL season, im sure he can manage indy for a few months out of the year. Ive seen him around few times during the offseason, if i see him again I will definitely let him know where I think he should play.

I just don’t like that we are in the same position if he only plays a year. That means another new QB. Would be Reich’s 6th QB in six years. 

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

If we cut/trade Wentz I’ve thought it would at least be partly because of him rubbing them the wrong way in a sense.

I’m not saying he’s an unlikeable guy and everybody hates him, because he clearly has a good relationship with certain guys, namely the OL. But my completely uninformed opinion is that Wentz seems like a love him or hate him kind of personality. I think he came here humbled in a sense, but I’ve always got the sense that he kind of lacks a self awareness that seeps into his take to coaching. 

It’s so hard to word without seeming like I’m calling him arrogant, but I can’t really think of a better word.

It seems to me if they cut him that quick there is probably a lot more going on we don’t know. The guys seem to get along with him just fine. But we don’t know what his work ethic is behind the scenes. Ballard just said he wants to win bad.

I really get a sense Rodgers might actually retire after this season.

47 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Wilson has stated he wants to stay in Seattle. He has a no trade clause. I don’t see them giving up the future picks for him or wanting to come here. Also he is more of a deep ball guy and I am not sure how well he fits this offense. I could be wrong. Personally I think he is a little over rated. Chandler Jones would be a nice vet to add.

JimmySZN?

13 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He comes off as arrogant absolutely. 

I ordered a tumbler this offseason. I had a really good Wentz graphic to put on it. I was hesitant because of this exact situation. Glad I got Buckner instead.:applause:

When I went to the dentist yesterday my dentist has season tickets for the colts. She goes Wentz stinks lol. She goes if he had played like he did in jax at home they would of booed him out of the stadium.

Do I need to change my name again. Lol

Archived