Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Im still a fan of the team.

NannyMcafee

I read every post in this topic, so many expressed my feelings. But it comes back to the same issues over and over. Mostly schemes. Giving the 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 5 will never work. This defense, with all it's speed and ability, played inexcusably bad way to often. People complain about the lack of pass rush, that's right, so why don't we mix in a few more blitzes? Ask Flus? Colt seasons seem to play out the same year after year either utter failure like the 80's and early 90's or heartbreaking ridiculous  losses starting with the Manning years. It reminds me of the 95 season when we in the hunt for a playoff spot and defensive coordinator Vince Tobin was getting frustrated(apparently) with the inability of the defense to get stops so he told the team,"the heck with it(meaning the scheme) just start going for the ball" and in the final four games of the season they intercepted 13 passes and got into the playoffs at 9-7. Then made it to the afc championship game in Pittsburgh and got jobbed completely. Somehow this franchise needs to change history, but then again there are about 22 other teams in the league that need to change their history also!

On 1/10/2022 at 4:48 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Its more disappointing when a team has talent (Most Pro Bowlers in NFL) and doesnt reach where it should as opposed to knowing you dont have the talent and have to acquire it.  We have elite players, we also have some huge holes and if can fill those this club could be in the thick of things. We soundly beat a few playoff teams and one of them may win the Super Bowl (Thinking Bills). Not having a coaching staff many trust also creates fan issues, Flus with his D will never be popular no matter what the final numbers may show, its not pleasing to give up easy yards even when you create turnovers.

As much as I hate the 10 yard cushions, points allowed are what matters on D, and tied for 9th is not bad out of 32 teams.  

Archived