Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Im still a fan of the team.

NannyMcafee

I have been a fan as far back as I can remember. Im not an old fan. I got to grow up watching Peyton play, which was amazing even with just one SB win. Im happy to have that trophy in Indy because at least we can say we won a SB and made it to 2. Unlike other teams, I have a lot of really awesome reasons to be proud to be a Colts fan. 

The Colts had the longest stretch of wins vs losses. I think it was 12 straight seasons with 10 or 11 wins a season avg. And I got to watch every damn game. 

Then somehow, you draft the likes of Andrew Luck. Who while he was no Peyton, would still knock the socks off most talent elsewhere in the league, and compete with the best of them. 

Like where we are now, or not, but the Horseshoe has been lucky for Indy at QB for a while. 

There have been a lot of high, and a lot of low moments this year. But at the end of the day I bleed blue, and after several months of no football, I have a feeling yall going to feel the same way week one of the 2022 season. 

I love the shoe. 

PS. The sky is not falling. I looked. 

Overacting is acceptable given the circumstances yesterday. I will not fault anyone for being angry or upset. The passion is there for this team to win from the fan base. Hope everyone can move forward from. We add another outside weapon at WR. Carson takes a trip to see Tom House, and we fix the secondary. 

I'm still a fan too. I'm just upset. I think more with myself for getting too invested and confident. I really thought this team was creating something special. The Christmas win lulled me into this belief that we could overcome adversity. 

I'm definitely scaling back my expectations of this team. We had a window between Rivers and now Wentz. I think the window has now closed. Lawrence should be better next year, and the Titans will still be loaded with a very good head coach. The rest of the AFC has many young talented QBs from Burrow to Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Allen and so on. I don't see us competing for the playoffs next year. I see a long gradual decline coming instead. 

Hate to lose, Love my Colts, but its a game

I am fine this morning

The important things:

I have great kids that love me

I have a great wife that loves me

I like my job 

I have a warm house, and food on the table, when many others dont

I am truly blessed by my Father in heaven

Its a game....... doesnt change my life one iota, either way

Hopeful for next year

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'm still a fan too. I'm just upset. I think more with myself for getting too invested and confident. I really thought this team was creating something special. The Christmas win lulled me into this belief that we could overcome adversity. 

I'm definitely scaling back my expectations of this team. We had a window between Rivers and now Wentz. I think the window has now closed. Lawrence should be better next year, and the Titans will still be loaded with a very good head coach. The rest of the AFC has many young talented QBs from Burrow to Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Allen and so on. I don't see us competing for the playoffs next year. I see a long gradual decline coming instead. 

And so on = Jackson, Jones, Mills (last 5 games) (9 TD's, 2 INT's, .685 COMP PCT, 251 YPG) 

This is not good. 

I guess I was more prepared for this loss than many on here.   Last week, it seemed that everyone was too confident of the Colts winning this game.   I wasn't.   History was on the Jags side (Colts lost the past 6 games in Jacksonville).   The Jags had motivation to win.   This was their "Super Bowl".   Reich isn't great at play calling in big game situations.  

I am extremely disappointed, but not surprised as many are.

5 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Hate to lose, Love my Colts, but its a game

I am fine this morning

The important things:

I have great kids that loves me

I have a great wife that loves me

I like my job 

I have a warm house, and food on the table, when many others dont

I am truly blessed by my Father in heaven

Its a game....... doesnt change my life one iota, either way

Hopeful for next year

Rational, level headed, priorities in order post. You obviously took a wrong turn. Which forum were you looking for? 

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

I guess I was more prepared for this loss than many on here.   Last week, it seemed that everyone was too confident of the Colts winning this game.   I wasn't.   History was on the Jags side (Colts lost the past 6 games in Jacksonville).   The Jags had motivation to win.   This was their "Super Bowl".   Reich isn't great at play calling in big game situations.  

I fully admit I thought we had a chance to finally break the cycle of losses down there. Apparently I was wrong. 

You do have to look at the big picture though.

Yes, it was a TERRIBLE way to end the season. Our team came out flat the last 2 games and it sunk our season. Yet, there are plenty of positives to build upon. We were highly inconsistent showing flashes of what we could be but never finished the job consistently. We beat some good playoff teams and took other playoff teams to the wire and challenged them really well.

Coaching has to be better. QB play has to be better. Skill positions have to be improved. Unless Ballard gives more for Frank and Wentz to work with, it would be short sighted to give up on them. Lots of work needs to be done in the off season from the GM, HC and QB. That is the only way the bad taste in the mouth will be gone, long off season for sure.

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

Arizona game

Patriots game 

Back 2 back national televised game

Not defending him but he can be good and he can be bad again he is not the best but what other option do we have?

I know the rest of the world and experts saw above two games and thought of Colts as most dangerous team but they forgot the team 1-5 start. Victories/success cover up the failures so the last 2 weeks losses is bad but success in future will attract us again.

44 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Overacting is acceptable given the circumstances yesterday. I will not fault anyone for being angry or upset. The passion is there for this team to win from the fan base. Hope everyone can move forward from. We add another outside weapon at WR. Carson takes a trip to see Tom House, and we fix the secondary. 

I understand that people are upset.  I think a lot of us are.  I just can't read all of the stuff where everyone seems to know how to fix this, whether it is to get a new QB, fire Reich, fire Ballard, fire both, whatever.  We don't know squat about building an NFL football team.  

So I don't read those posts.  

33 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

SAME Exact feelings!

Christmas something came over me. I'm never one to be overconfident I had predicted every Colts game right until the second Titans game. Had us getting smashed by the Bills and Bucs. Thought we'd beat the Pats. and Lose to the Cards. And when we beat the cards with all against us. I finally gave into us have a really good team. The media hyped us. And it all went to crap as soon as I started getting confident. Was jawwing all week last week with my Bills buddy, telling him to get ready to see Jonathan Taylors jersey again.. well that backfired. I was completely lulled too.

And like you said the AFC is going to nuts for the next few weeks. Soooo many young QB's leading their teams. And we just have questions.. if only.. if only.. after those growing pain years 12-17 we would've had a solid team follow a veteran QB but no.. the chips didn't fall that way for us. We might be lost in the AFC shuffle. 

I'll still be a fan. Plenty of people here at work are surprised I'm still sporting my Colts gear. But I won't think anything really of the team. 

10 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Arizona game

Patriots game 

Back 2 back national televised game

Not defending him but he can be good and he can be bad again he is not the best but what other option do we have?

I know the rest of the world and experts saw above two games and thought of Colts as most dangerous team but they forgot the team 1-5 start. Victories/success cover up the failures so the last 2 weeks losses is bad but success in future will attract us again.

Even those games had some questionable play calling.  I could combat those two games with the Titans and Buccs games.  The best option I see is for Ballard to force Reich to hand over the play calling to the O coordinator.  

Still love this team. Even with ther terrible beginning and end, the middle was astounding. We have a confirmed superstar talent with JT. The defenses ability to play takeaway was a joy to follow. All those special teams plays that came out of nowhere, and were often the true difference in the game. We beat a good Patriots team. I'm disappointed with yesterday's choke job, but I have faith that the team will come back next year better than they were this year. That's really all we can ask for. 

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

SAME Exact feelings!

Christmas something came over me. I'm never one to be overconfident I had predicted every Colts game right until the second Titans game. Had us getting smashed by the Bills and Bucs. Thought we'd beat the Pats. and Lose to the Cards. And when we beat the cards with all against us. I finally gave into us have a really good team. The media hyped us. And it all went to crap as soon as I started getting confident. Was jawwing all week last week with my Bills buddy, telling him to get ready to see Jonathan Taylors jersey again.. well that backfired. I was completely lulled too.

And like you said the AFC is going to nuts for the next few weeks. Soooo many young QB's leading their teams. And we just have questions.. if only.. if only.. after those growing pain years 12-17 we would've had a solid team follow a veteran QB but no.. the chips didn't fall that way for us. We might be lost in the AFC shuffle. 

I'll still be a fan. Plenty of people here at work are surprised I'm still sporting my Colts gear. But I won't think anything really of the team. 

I'm wearing my Colts gear at work right now. Getting ridiculed left and right, and honestly I'm just taking it. Not like I can argue back with anything. Still like the franchise as a whole, maybe because of the history of good QBs like Manning and such? Maybe it's the colors and the fact that horses are cool? 

I dunno. I survived being a fan during the 90s including '91, '93 and '97... I'll continue trudging on. 

Am I disappointed in the result? Of course.

Am I surprised with the result? Hmm, not particularly. The Colts do seem to like to provide us with surprises (both good and bad).

Will I continue to support the Colts come rain or shine in the hope that we get back to the Superbowl and win it again? Without question, but it’s the hope that kills you!

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'm wearing my Colts gear at work right now. Getting ridiculed left and right, and honestly I'm just taking it. Not like I can argue back with anything. Still like the franchise as a whole, maybe because of the history of good QBs like Manning and such? Maybe it's the colors and the fact that horses are cool? 

I dunno. I survived being a fan during the 90s including '91, '93 and '97... I'll continue trudging on. 

See i became a fan in 2003 i'm only 31 so i didn't pay attention to football in the 90's really. Where are you from? I'm smack dab in the middle of Connecticut. So of course pats fans.. (who loved us when we beat the bills) are laughing Bills fans.. I just dont get the Giants and Jets fans saying anything to me?..  of course I'm the only Colts fan in the building.. today just sucks as bad as yesterday

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

See i became a fan in 2003 i'm only 31 so i didn't pay attention to football in the 90's really. Where are you from? I'm smack dab in the middle of Connecticut. So of course pats fans.. (who loved us when we beat the bills) are laughing Bills fans.. I just dont get the Giants and Jets fans saying anything to me?..  of course I'm the only Colts fan in the building.. today just sucks as bad as yesterday

I'm in Southeastern Indiana, mostly Bengals country (my family and myself included). But for some reason, this pocket also has a lot of Patriots and Cowboys fans... 

38 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I understand that people are upset.  I think a lot of us are.  I just can't read all of the stuff where everyone seems to know how to fix this, whether it is to get a new QB, fire Reich, fire Ballard, fire both, whatever.  We don't know squat about building an NFL football team.  

So I don't read those posts.  

Some people have actually played the game. So some know exactly what we need and things they see on film. I’m not talking YouTube highlights either lol Some on this forum watch the all 22. I will give them credit for it. We do have some knowledgeable people on this forum. You are correct though. We don’t know what it takes to run a franchise. 

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

Same here. But prior to this season, I thought I didn't really need to like my QB to love my team. And this season really challenged that idea.

Very well said and I completely relate.  Peyton was awesome.  I LOVED Luck (that's MY QB).  Brissett wasn't good but I liked him well enough and never really considered him a long-term starter anyway.  Rivers always irked me in San Diego but his passion was always contagious so I could cheer for him when he came here.  Wentz just irritates and annoys me.  To me, it seems like he thinks he's better than he is and that he deserves to be treated like a top-tier talent.  Whatever your feelings on the vaccine are, not doing everything you can to be there for your team shows poor leadership to me, especially when you already have a history of missing time due to injuries. He got drafted where he did and traded where he did all because he quoted a Bible verse that was on Reich's phone wallpaper (hyperbole).  He can do some legit awesome things at QB, but not often or consistently enough to make up for the "bone-head" plays like Luck could.  I have no confidence when Wentz takes the snap and I've definitely found it more difficult to cheer/be excited since I don't really care for Wentz the person (as he presents himself).  Others mileage may vary of course.

In full transparency, I was ok with the trade when it was made, though I'm much more of a draft a QB and try to bring your guy up person.  I didn't really see that as a possibility this last draft so it made sense.  But now we've missed the playoffs, QB is still a huge question mark, and we don't have a first rounder.  Tough spot to be.  I still can't believe my favorite team ruined Andrew freaking Luck.  We kind of deserve this QB purgatory that we've been in, tbh.  And if not deserve, then it's definitely at least our turn.  < /self-pity >

3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I have been a fan as far back as I can remember. Im not an old fan. I got to grow up watching Peyton play, which was amazing even with just one SB win. Im happy to have that trophy in Indy because at least we can say we won a SB and made it to 2. Unlike other teams, I have a lot of really awesome reasons to be proud to be a Colts fan. 

The Colts had the longest stretch of wins vs losses. I think it was 12 straight seasons with 10 or 11 wins a season avg. And I got to watch every damn game. 

Then somehow, you draft the likes of Andrew Luck. Who while he was no Peyton, would still knock the socks off most talent elsewhere in the league, and compete with the best of them. 

Like where we are now, or not, but the Horseshoe has been lucky for Indy at QB for a while. 

There have been a lot of high, and a lot of low moments this year. But at the end of the day I bleed blue, and after several months of no football, I have a feeling yall going to feel the same way week one of the 2022 season. 

I love the shoe. 

They sure don't make it easy lately.

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Bro me too. What part of CT you from? I also lived in Rhode Island a couple years. Pats fans are the worst 

4 hours ago, Myles said:

“The Jags had motivation to win?” How so? The Colts had motivation to win and just packed it in. I hope many on this roster are gone after the poor effort of the past two weeks.

3 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

In full transparency, I was ok with the trade when it was made, though I'm much more of a draft a QB and try to bring your guy up person.  I didn't really see that as a possibility this last draft so it made sense.  But now we've missed the playoffs, QB is still a huge question mark, and we don't have a first rounder.  Tough spot to be.  I still can't believe my favorite team ruined Andrew freaking Luck.  We kind of deserve this QB purgatory that we've been in, tbh.  And if not deserve, then it's definitely at least our turn. 

I agree with most your post. Wentz is def a weird one.. and there really is no confidence in him like with Manning and Luck 3rd and didn't seem as big a deal. 3rd and 10 now is like.. just punt this down before there's a turnover lol

I’m still a fan but I see doldrums again next year.  But as many people have said before - if you’re a fan only when you win, you’re not a fan.

Here’s to hoping Wentz removes his head out of his * and learns to throw a pass I could make with my left arm.

1 minute ago, Blueblood23 said:

“The Jags had motivation to win?” How so? The Colts had motivation to win and just packed it in. I hope many on this roster are gone after the poor effort of the past two weeks.

They were facing their division rivals and could knock them out of the playoffs.   They also looked motivated and wanted to win this game bad. 

I agree the Colts should have played with more gusto and that is on Reich as much as anyone.   

5 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I love the shoe. 

Here's what people don't get. 

You can disagree with someone,  and not hate them.  You can criticise something and not hate it. You can complain about poor performance and bad players and not hate the team. 

Nobody is saying they hate the team and aren't fans,  but it's childish to say people aren't fans if they don't wholeheartedly support them. 

Counter argument,  those people who complain and get upset are more of a fan than those who don't,  because they are more emotionally invested and want to see them succeed,  vice those that don't seem to care win or lose. 

I think you can keep your fandom in tact and keep your day to day happiness and still think that was one of the more utterly disappointing ends to a season. 

I know some people let it get them depressed, but I’m level headed and still unhappy with the state of this team. Doesn’t have to be either or.

3 hours ago, SchlicterSZN said:

They sure don't make it easy lately.

No they do not. Seems they always showing fools gold. 

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Here's what people don't get. 

You can disagree with someone,  and not hate them.  You can criticise something and not hate it. You can complain about poor performance and bad players and not hate the team. 

Nobody is saying they hate the team and aren't fans,  but it's childish to say people aren't fans if they don't wholeheartedly support them. 

Counter argument,  those people who complain and get upset are more of a fan than those who don't,  because they are more emotionally invested and want to see them succeed,  vice those that don't seem to care win or lose. 

I've seen a couple on here denounce their Fandom 

Its more disappointing when a team has talent (Most Pro Bowlers in NFL) and doesnt reach where it should as opposed to knowing you dont have the talent and have to acquire it.  We have elite players, we also have some huge holes and if can fill those this club could be in the thick of things. We soundly beat a few playoff teams and one of them may win the Super Bowl (Thinking Bills). Not having a coaching staff many trust also creates fan issues, Flus with his D will never be popular no matter what the final numbers may show, its not pleasing to give up easy yards even when you create turnovers.

9 hours ago, a06cc said:

Wentz needs a sports psychologist.

8 hours ago, Myles said:

Even those games had some questionable play calling.  I could combat those two games with the Titans and Buccs games.  The best option I see is for Ballard to force Reich to hand over the play calling to the O coordinator.  

This... times 1000

Most head coaches are involved in all aspects and can monitor and adjust

If you are planning plays, your involvement in the WHOLE team HAS to be less

Archived