Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Madden Special

Happy2BeHere

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Madden is a legend. Love him. I didn't see it either.

Great coach.

Even better in the booth.  Yep, legend.

He was so good that I would tune in to a game that I knew was going to be bad just so I could hear him and Pat.  Great team.  22 years together.  I'll likely not hear a greater team in my lifetime.

On 12/26/2021 at 1:44 PM, DEColtsLover36 said:

I am so upset I missed this despite their constantly advertising it! :hissy: Got caught up in Christmas happenings. Does anyone know if this is available for viewing through a streaming service?

Google it and you'll find you can stream it almost everywhere.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:19 AM, Myles said:

He was a great coach, but I couldn't stand him in the booth.   I know I'm in the minority on this.   

Now I feel bad about even saying this, but it was true.   

Honestly, I didn't realize he was still alive.   

I think the fact that one person can view him as more impactful in one area (coaching) and another in a separate area (broadcasting), and yes even those who appreciate him most for his video game, is what makes him worthy of the praise. If you watch the special it shows how he changed people’s lives in all areas. He was a coach who made his players more passionate about the game. He was a broadcaster who invented his own style of broadcasting that attracted a wide range of audiences, those who are football gurus and those who might not know as much about the game but still enjoyed watching. And his commitment to making sure the Madden video game was an authentic teaching tool for football (not just slapping his likeness on the front for profit) is yet another way in which his passion for football spanned across a wide variety of audiences and generations to this day.

No one has to agree he was amazing or the best at everything he did… but the fact that different people can look at his contributions to the sport of football as a whole and pick out the parts that they felt he was good at… that is what makes him great. He may not have been the best coach. Or the best broadcaster. Or even the best commercial spokesperson haha. But all that he gave to the sport, to people… changed so many lives. His ability to motivate, for others to feel the passion he had for football and the care he had for them as players, as individuals… it mattered to people to earn his respect. There was so much more to him than how many SB rings he won or how smooth of a talker he was (or wasn’t) in the booth. He wasn’t just a “one area” guy.

Archived