Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts/Bucs Post Game Reaction (Merge)

EastStreet

Just now, J@son said:

players shouldn't have to battle against their own head coach

Lol. If that is what you think happened go watch thd game again. How is Reich raalindhbke * pascal fumbling after getting the first down at midfield. How was Reich responsible for Hines muffed punt. Or Pittman not being better at not going up and getting that ball. Or if it’s pi how is Reich rssljvejbkd for the ref.

At some point players have to take responsibility.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, J@son said:

they didn't run an 8 or 9 man box many times in the third quarter either.  go on though, keep trying :)

Their defense that last drive was not the same as it was the thurs quarter.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Watch the game. Some of Taylors long runs were against the same stack.

Your reading too much Keefer instead of watching... 

no I could clearly see Tampa wasn’t playing the run the same on that drive. I don’t need someone to tell me that. It was clear.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

uh...

Pascal is a part of the passing game, no?

Fisher is part of the passing game no?

WRs don't fumble on run plays.

OT don't get whiffed and QBs don't get strip sacked on run plays.

giphy.gif

You missed the point. He hit the pass. Pascal can’t fumble that. That wasn’t because we couldn’t pass. That’s on the player not the coach. Some of you really are trying to hard to blame Reich.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Lol. If that is what you think happened go watch thd game again. How is Reich raalindhbke * pascal fumbling after getting the first down at midfield. How was Reich responsible for Hines muffed punt. Or Pittman not being better at not going up and getting that ball. Or if it’s pi how is Reich rssljvejbkd for the ref.

At some point players have to take responsibility.

of course they do, but many of those situations don't even happen if Reich's had not abandoned for the entire 3rd quarter.  You're looking at each play in a vacuum without realizing that other things that happened during the game affected those situations.  and good lord how much have you had to drink? lol

7 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

If Frank had went with the running game you are being so darned critical about....and the RB's had been the cause of the loss through turnovers.....I'll guarantee that you would blame the rb's...not the coach.

You're opinion is just as valid as anyone else's. However, the Colts darned near won this game, and showed some huge playmaking ability while doing it.....even with the questionable ref calls.

Enjoy the ride while they ascend into the future.......or point fingers the entire way. Your choice. 

I love this.

Their defense that last drive was not the same as it was the thurs quarter.

no I could clearly see Tampa wasn’t playing the run the same on that drive. I don’t need someone to tell me that. It was clear.

You're parroting what Keefer said. You've been on that kick since you posted the tweet. 

Taylor clearly had some big runs vs clogged gaps.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

You missed the point. He hit the pass. Pascal can’t fumble that. That wasn’t because we couldn’t pass.

One more time... Pascal is part of the passing game. 
The passing game is just not Wentz...

Holy for *... 

1 minute ago, J@son said:

of course they do, but many of those situations don't even happen if Reich's had not abandoned for the entire 3rd quarter.  You're looking at each play in a vacuum without realizing that other things that happened during the game affected those situations.  and good lord how much have you had to drink? lol

No we just punt and give it to them anyway. You guys scream when Reich stops what is working. He kept going with what is working. That is a good coach.

You missed the point. He hit the pass. Pascal can’t fumble that. That wasn’t because we couldn’t pass. That’s on the player not the coach. Some of you really are trying to hard to blame Reich.

counter point, you're trying way too hard to not put any blame on Reich.  yes, obviously the players share some of the blame, but they were also out there playing hero ball trying to get the momentum back on their side after Reich wrapped it up in a pretty package and hand delivered it into the hands of the bucs.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

You're parroting what Keefer said. You've been on that kick since you posted the tweet. 

Holy for *... 

so your calling me dumb and I can’t have my own opinion. That’s a little over the top saying I can’t think for myself. I felt that same damn way before I even seeing his tweet.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

It's the kind of loss that will have you sitting home in January. Though I would love to run table and get another shot at all the teams we should have beat

^^ We have to be the best 6-6 team I have ever seen. 

I honestly believe we could go to the Super Bowl (don't think we beat GB) if we sneak in at 10-7

Just now, Wentzszn said:

No we just punt and give it to them anyway. You guys scream when Reich stops what is working. He kept going with what is working. That is a good coach.

again, Taylor started getting the ball again with over 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  How many times did the colts punt after that?

Frank is very good at play design.  I like his offensive system.  He's also very possibly a good head coach.  But his deficiencies in playcalling have done more to cost the team games than any other single factor there is.  He's letting his stubbornness about maintaining the playcalling duties detract from the job he's doing as a head coach.  

9 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

If Frank had went with the running game you are being so darned critical about....and the RB's had been the cause of the loss through turnovers.....I'll guarantee that you would blame the rb's...not the coach.

You're opinion is just as valid as anyone else's. However, the Colts darned near won this game, and showed some huge playmaking ability while doing it.....even with the questionable ref calls.

Enjoy the ride while they ascend into the future.......or point fingers the entire way. Your choice. 

Thank you almighty JB and Reich defender. 

Oh glorious sunshine pumper.

I just call it like I see it, which is the way the majority see it. 

There's a reason why Reich got hammered with questions about rushing attempts at his presser.

Was the first question, and most asked topic.

I love this.

I'm happy for you!

1 minute ago, J@son said:

counter point, you're trying way too hard to not put any blame on Reich.  yes, obviously the players share some of the blame, but they were also out there playing hero ball trying to get the momentum back on their side after Reich wrapped it up in a pretty package and hand delivered it into the hands of the bucs.

Because I don’t blame him at all. This was on the players. We were not playing hero ball. LMAO. We had a few great intermediate passes and Wentz didn’t do anything stupid. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Thank you almighty JB and Reich defender. 

Oh glorious sunshine pumper.

I just call it like I see it, which is the way the majority see it. 

There's a reason why Reich got hammered with questions about rushing attempts at his presser.

Was the first question, and most asked topic.

I'm happy for you!

there's also a reason the announcers kept bringing up the fact that Frank abandoned the run, and the broadcast centered on the guy with the "run the dam ball" hat multiple times.  

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

so your calling me dumb and I can’t have my own opinion. That’s a little over the top saying I can’t think for myself. I felt that same damn way before I even seeing his tweet.

I didn't call you any names. 

I didn't see you make the point until you posted the Keefer tweet.

But like others have pointed out. You get hung up on tweets.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Holy for *... 

SO A RB can’t fumble. The fact you can’t even blame a player for screwing up and their mistakes are always Reich’s fault shows how biased you are.

16 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Because I don’t blame him at all. This was on the players. We were not playing hero ball. LMAO. We had a few great intermediate passes and Wentz didn’t do anything stupid. 

laughing-rofl.gif

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

where did he call you dumb?

16 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We ran it a lot the first quarter. They stopped us and Wentz had to make some great thirds down plays. We didn’t abandon the run to start the game.

Tired of playing, chew on this:

1st series. 2 runs 4 yards

image.png.58272262d5e6cacfd493ddf0df7f5e29.png

2nd series: 0 runs

image.png.cf0e3b4bc222b70c1bf5726881310dd8.png

3rd series: 1 run -2 yards

image.png.f9394f379f612ee107b6d8cf2bf5b2bd.png

4th series: 1 run no yards. 2nd play fumble

image.png.fd1c5da724092860cc7e82c34470311b.png

End of 1st quarter = 5 runs for 2 yards. Obviously not good, but I wouldn't say we ran ALOT. 7 passes. Pretty balanced.

Here is where it gets interesting....2nd quarter

5th series: 1 pass to JT for 8 1 run for 5, TD to Dulin - 2 pass 1 run but the pass was a screen - balanced

image.png.2b89c498336dc3b9140bfc2cbd698ca4.png

6th series: 6 pass 4 runs for 21 yards - hmm balanced. 5 yards a carry

image.png.a958d4d6f7dd7e826a3a528a170179b3.png  image.png.106bd62c1f67e8aefc54fbcb6cf54831.pngimage.png.6249a0860d076d0aae91af98ef723f6a.png

7th series was last series of the half...no JT after he was finally starting to get decent runs or short passes. Had the D guessing.

9 yard pass, 5 yard pass, sack, incomplete, Wentz scrambles for 16 yards, 3 yard run up the middle to Hines, 12 yard pass, incomplete, incomplete, 22 yard pass, incomplete, 9 yard pass, incomplete, passing TD on 4th down with JT back in the game. 

Start of 3rd quarter:

Incomplete to Hines, pass for -3 to JT, incomplete, 15 yard pass, 5 yard pass, 15 yard pass, fumble -----not one run

next series:

incomplete, 11 yd pass, incomplete, incomplete, 11 yd pass, 7 yd pass, interception

next series

incomplete, pass play Wentz scrambles 10 yard holding penalty, 8 yard pass, false start, pass but Wentz scrambles for 2 yards, punt - not one run

next series:

JT 5 yard run, JT 15 yard run, JT 5 yard run, 7 yard pass to Hines, JT 10 yard run, JT 15 yard run, JT 1 yard run, JT 3 yard run,

10 yard pass to Hilton, JT 4 yard TD run.

next series:

72 yard kick off return, incomplete, interception.

Enough freaking said. When they used JT, good things happened. When JT was in the game, good things happened. When they were balanced....great things were happening.

It is you that does not have a clue. LMAO

SO A RB can’t fumble. The fact you can’t even blame a player for screwing up and their mistakes are always Reich’s fault shows how biased you are.

No, not at all.  We understand that players make mistakes and crap happens.  However, the onus of the head coach, especially when he's the one calling plays, is to put his best players in the best position to make plays.  He went against that by taking his best offensive skill player completely out of the game for a large portion of it.  That means, the players have to go above and beyond trying to overcome the fact that their HC and playcaller is not doing his job by putting them in the best positions to make plays.  that's kinda the definition of hero ball and exactly what we saw.  

we can acknowledge that the players screwed up while addressing the larger issue.  you're putting 100% of the blame on the players and no blame at all on the guy responsible for putting them in good positions, which he absolutely did not do 

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

A rusher can absolutely fumble. 

But that didn't happen. 

I guess most of the board is biased. I guess most of the media are biased. 

lol...

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

A rusher can absolutely fumble. 

But that didn't happen. 

I guess most of the board is biased. I guess most of the media are biased. 

lol...

If we weren’t completing passes and not running the ball you would be correct. But that isn’t what happened. You can’t say we couldn’t pass the ball when we did and the player screwed up.

If we weren’t completing passes and not running the ball you would be correct. But that isn’t what happened. You can’t say we couldn’t pass the ball when we did and the player screwed up.

I'm trying really hard to be nice.

Pascal and Fisher are part of the passing game.

The passing game is just not Wentz's act of passing.

If you can't understand this, and keep going on, I will be less nice, and more direct.

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

You ever get the feeling that you're in over your head? Never mind, obviously not.

How about sticking to arguments over football instead of posting personal attacks.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm trying really hard to be nice.

Pascal and Fisher are part of the passing game.

The passing game is just not Wentz's act of passing.

If you can't understand this, and keep going on, I will be less nice, and more direct.

Your not going to change my mind so you can stop trying. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

How about sticking to arguments over football instead of posting personal attacks.

lol... nobody is personally attacking you. 

you have a long history of parroting tweets and latching on to what a certain individuals say. 

and how many times have you said "i'm done with" fill in the blank, only to change direction with the wind the next day/week.

not trying to change your opinion. only pointing out that you're missing the boat lol... 

i've stuck up for you in the past... lost cause, so have fun.

5 minutes ago, J@son said:

I've decided we need to have that fan handcuffed to Frank during every game moving forward :D

I bet he could remind Frank when we haven't run it for 25+ plays.. lol

that's so rich

Just now, Wentzszn said:

When a player gets a first down catch and then fumbles and fans want to blame that fumble in not running the ball that is just wrong.

that would be wrong, but that's not what's happening.  that's the way you're reading it, which shows YOUR bias

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Did you take a second to look at the play by play break down I posted for you? Any thoughts? See any glaring issues? Notice any trends? 

Did you notice how effective the play action pass was working to end the half? Did you notice the Bucs weren’t using the 5 man front in obvious passing downs or when JT & Hines were in the game? 

I’ll talk football all day, regurgitating someone else’s thoughts though, no thanks. I’ll even admit when I was wrong, like I did to @GoColts8818 about the fumble being in the red zone. But you respond to me with a “LMAO” as if I what I claimed was absurd….don’t like my posts then block me. If I hurt your feelings, sorry, block me then, or provide something factual and I’ll admit I was wrong if I was.

That is what is happening. Instead of blaming pascal for not securing the ball you all are blaming Reich for not running.

negative.  that is not what's happening at all.  again, that's the way you're interpreting what's being said, and your interpretation is wrong.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

That is what is happening. Instead of blaming pascal for not securing the ball you all are blaming Reich for not running.

No I don’t think he is, I know I’m not, think the same is true for East….that fumble although a turnover, is not what cost the game. Actually, the Colts were still winning after that fumble. Again, all they truly needed was some sort of balance in the 2nd half, when they had a 10 point lead. 

Just now, King Colt said:

And Brady how many did he have? You have forgotten Taylor didn't make squat today. 

He didn’t have a chance. He had 83 yards in basically 3 quarters…maybe 2 1/2.

heaven forbid he didn’t start the game with a 40+ yard run on the first series. 

Archived