Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shawn Davis

carmelcolt

Not sure if this was covered or not but was safety Shawn Davis our 5th rd pick from Florida that bad in camp, I see where the Colts waived him then resigned him to the PS. Apparently was cut from that and now he is on GB PS. I was just wondering because as thin as we are at safety, he may have came in handy. I remember when they drafted him they were pretty high on him. :thinking:

4 minutes ago, carmelcolt said:

Not sure if this was covered or not but was safety Shawn Davis our 5th rd pick from Florida that bad in camp, I see where the Colts waived him then resigned him to the PS. Apparently was cut from that and now he is on GB PS. I was just wondering because as thin as we are at safety, he may have came in handy. I remember when they drafted him they were pretty high on him. :thinking:

He had a bad night on the final preseason game against the Lions. Seemed like after that he was done. I'm guessing he just hasn't impressed or lived up to the expectations. I remember him missing quite a few tackles. 

16 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I think T. Boston at 29 is still better than what we have. 

Despite Boston being better than what we have, I highly doubt he'd sign with us after his terrible visit a few years ago.

It's obvious that he felt disrespected by his visit here.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Despite Boston being better than what we have, I highly doubt he'd sign with us after his terrible visit a few years ago.

It's obvious that he felt disrespected by his visit here.

Maybe so but that was years ago.  And as we know money is the deciding factor 9 out of 10 times.  He’s just holding out for an offer he likes.  So far he’s still waiting.  The best move Ballard can make to help this team right now is to sign him and plug that FS hole.  But I think that might take more than the vet minimum so we are probably rolling with what we have.

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe so but that was years ago.  And as we know money is the deciding factor 9 out of 10 times.  He’s just holding out for an offer he likes.  So far he’s still waiting.  The best move Ballard can make to help this team right now is to sign him and plug that FS hole.  But I think that might take more than the vet minimum so we are probably rolling with what we have.

With that visit, he also visited AZ where they "rolled out the red carpet" but as he said, made an offer that was disrespectful. He's definitely not signing for vet minimum and I have a feeling it may take a bit more than his usual asking price for him to want to sign with us based on his feelings toward the team.

Archived