Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please No More (Jordan Love)

lennymoore24

Watching the Pack/Chiefs game it dawned on me Love's facial expression never changed. It was as if he was a portrait panting. He looked mad and very bored giving zero fire in the huddle. He would make a good scarecrow. Total opposite of Rodgers and every QB in the history of the game.  

On 11/7/2021 at 5:52 PM, coming on strong said:

its his first nfl game and took zero reps most of the season .  lucks first game was horrible got blown out by the pathetic bears . manning set the nfl pick record going 3-13 .   maybe wait a couple years before declaring all rookie QBs are busts .  I also noticed you did not include mack jones is that because he is playing well  and it doesnt fit your narrative ?

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I bet most QBs making their NFL debut have bad games. 

5 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Anytime you have a rookie qb, it will take 2-3 years before you really know how good they are.

Jordan Love, Fields, and Lawrence could all be really good but they haven't had much playing time.

Exactly. Josh Allen was bad his first year. Most QB's are. 

5 hours ago, stitches said:

kid-look.gif

I almost outed us in my post above, but took it out. haha

6 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Anytime you have a rookie qb, it will take 2-3 years before you really know how good they are.

Jordan Love, Fields, and Lawrence could all be really good but they haven't had much playing time.

Thank you. You would think this would not need to be said.  

But I admit I like Darnold. The Panthers are terrible without McCaffrey.  I would give Darnold another year. 

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Exactly. Josh Allen was bad his first year. Most QB's are. 

I wrote exactly this on the Jets site. The fans are really down on Zach Wilson. I wrote that he has not even played half a season. I told them look how bad Allen was his first year and look at him now. People need to give QBs time. 

20 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Where are the people here who wanted the Colts to acquire Sam Darnold? As usual, he has been close to the worst QB in the league this year, MUCH worse than Jacoby Brissett, by the way.

Wentz is the one thing I was right about I started topics in December saying we should trade for him .  A broken clock is right once a day :td:

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. You would think this would not need to be said.  

But I admit I like Darnold. The Panthers are terrible without McCaffrey.  I would give Darnold another year. 

Not sure if it is @stitches or @Shive or @shasta519 that said it, that Darnold and Trubisky were ones that developed bad habits due to bad O-lines or their own limitations, hence one or all of them did not want to take the chance on Darnold, though @luv_pony_express wanted Darnold. :) I personally wanted Trubisky for his boot leg abilities, which we get with Carson as well but Carson reads several levels of D better than Trubisky.

Seems like the Colts made the right choice, 100%. I am now to the point that I will trust Frank with his judgement w.r.t QBs. Luck having a career year in completion percentage, Rivers the same at the end of his career, Wentz has good things in store as he grows with the team.

16 hours ago, King Colt said:

Watching the Pack/Chiefs game it dawned on me Love's facial expression never changed. It was as if he was a portrait panting. He looked mad and very bored giving zero fire in the huddle. He would make a good scarecrow. Total opposite of Rodgers and every QB in the history of the game.  

I guess you've studied every QB in the history of the game?!  

I bet if I looked at all QBs taken in the 1st round of the draft and just said "they are going to be a bust" or "they won't live up to expectations" I would be right more than I would be wrong.  It's just too easy to say.

I would be much more impressed to see if someone could determine which QBs are going to be franchise QBs.  

5 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I bet if I looked at all QBs taken in the 1st round of the draft and just said "they are going to be a bust" or "they won't live up to expectations" I would be right more than I would be wrong.  It's just too easy to say.

I would be much more impressed to see if someone could determine which QBs are going to be franchise QBs.  

If we could, we wouldn't be sitting with the fans. Even the best of GMs have to swing a few times unfortunately. :) 

Here is the thing, just make sure you have a HC who can use every strength of the QB drafted while minimizing and working on the weakness of the QB drafted. Jeff Fisher would have ruined Lamar Jackson like he ruined Vince Young, like Mike Shanahan ruined RG3, IMO, and Lamar should be thankful he went to John Harbaugh with the Ravens who was willing to improvise and slowly bring along Lamar as a passer. Then the Browns minimized the burden on Baker Mayfield to improve his efficiency with OL and RB investment.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

If we could, we wouldn't be sitting with the fans. Even the best of GMs have to swing a few times unfortunately. :) 

Here is the thing, just make sure you have a HC who can use every strength of the QB drafted while minimizing and working on the weakness of the QB drafted. Jeff Fisher would have ruined Lamar Jackson like he ruined Vince Young, like Mike Shanahan ruined RG3, IMO, and Lamar should be thankful he went to John Harbaugh with the Ravens who was willing to improvise and slowly bring along Lamar as a passer. Then the Browns minimized the burden on Baker Mayfield to improve his efficiency with OL and RB investment.

Exactly!  Yet we have posters here that think they have it all figured out.

And right about coaching and scheme too.  Coaches need to be smart enough to utilize the talents of the players they have an minimize the weaknesses.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Not sure if it is @stitches or @Shive or @shasta519 that said it, that Darnold and Trubisky were ones that developed bad habits due to bad O-lines or their own limitations, hence one or all of them did not want to take the chance on Darnold, though @luv_pony_express wanted Darnold. :) I personally wanted Trubisky for his boot leg abilities, which we get with Carson as well but Carson reads several levels of D better than Trubisky.

Seems like the Colts made the right choice, 100%. I am now to the point that I will trust Frank with his judgement w.r.t QBs. Luck having a career year in completion percentage, Rivers the same at the end of his career, Wentz has good things in store as he grows with the team.

I’m not at all unhappy with what we did.  Wentz has looked pretty good and most of our problems haven’t been on him.

But Darnold would’ve been fine with me, too.  You have a good memory.  And he was going to be cheap - which was part of my thinking.

Love looked like he played scared. He became captain check down real fast. KC has a horrible defense, and the Packers barely moved. No I know he's a 2nd year guy, but all the other players that pan out, and some that don't, wing the ball. He needs more time for sure, but Rogers first game showed the team they were ready to move on from Farve..

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Love looked like he played scared. He became captain check down real fast. KC has a horrible defense, and the Packers barely moved. No I know he's a 2nd year guy, but all the other players that pan out, and some that don't, wing the ball. He needs more time for sure, but Rogers first game showed the team they were ready to move on from Farve..

Aaron Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre for three years. This was this player's first game. 

16 hours ago, King Colt said:

Guessing mean you don't know and since you don't know don't post.

Maybe you should answer my question.  

Here is your comment again: He looked mad and very bored giving zero fire in the huddle. He would make a good scarecrow. Total opposite of Rodgers and every QB in the history of the game.  

I will restate.  Have you studied every QB in the history of the game to see if they look mad and very bored giving zero fire in the huddle?  Maybe on just their first NFL start?  Or every QB at any time?

Like everyone here - including you - I will post when I want.  

On 11/10/2021 at 8:44 AM, gspdx said:

Maybe you should answer my question.  

Here is your comment again: He looked mad and very bored giving zero fire in the huddle. He would make a good scarecrow. Total opposite of Rodgers and every QB in the history of the game.  

I will restate.  Have you studied every QB in the history of the game to see if they look mad and very bored giving zero fire in the huddle?  Maybe on just their first NFL start?  Or every QB at any time?

Like everyone here - including you - I will post when I want.  

To answer your empty question, yes I have, Any more questions?

Archived