Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please No More (Jordan Love)

lennymoore24

Watching how pathetic Jordan Love is playing today, I reminded of the "experts" on this forum screaming that we should have drafted him and how that was such a big mistake.  I am pretty sure these are the same "experts" that claimed we should trade up for a "franchise" QB like Justin Fields, Trey Lance, and Zack Wilson.  Going back, I think these are the same "experts" that claimed Castonzo should have been playing right tackle, not left tackle.  I think these "experts" spend 2 minutes a day reading Colts news, pick up a buzz word someone says, and repeats it over and over.  Just because you draft a QB in the 1st round does not make a franchise QB.  In fact, the majority of the time, a first round pick QB is mediocre to bad.

All I ask in this off season, please don't spout your always wrong opinions about what we should do in the off season. If I have to hear another "expert" saying Wentz is a bust and we should have drafted Justin Fields, i think that person should have their football rights revoked.  You have to actually understand how football works.

51 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Watching how pathetic Jordan Love is playing today, I reminded of the "experts" on this forum screaming that we should have drafted him and how that was such a big mistake.  I am pretty sure these are the same "experts" that claimed we should trade up for a "franchise" QB like Justin Fields, Trey Lance, and Zack Wilson.  Going back, I think these are the same "experts" that claimed Castonzo should have been playing right tackle, not left tackle.  I think these "experts" spend 2 minutes a day reading Colts news, pick up a buzz word someone says, and repeats it over and over.  Just because you draft a QB in the 1st round does not make a franchise QB.  In fact, the majority of the time, a first round pick QB is mediocre to bad.

All I ask in this off season, please don't spout your always wrong opinions about what we should do in the off season. If I have to hear another "expert" saying Wentz is a bust and we should have drafted Justin Fields, i think that person should have their football rights revoked.  You have to actually understand how football works.

its his first nfl game and took zero reps most of the season .  lucks first game was horrible got blown out by the pathetic bears . manning set the nfl pick record going 3-13 .   maybe wait a couple years before declaring all rookie QBs are busts .  I also noticed you did not include mack jones is that because he is playing well  and it doesnt fit your narrative ?

when does giving a opinion of a colts forum make you an expert  ? its fun to talk about ideas of how to build the team that is what the forum is for .  how boring would this forum be if every one just said every move ballard made was genius .  differing opinions makes the board fun why are you so mad about it ?

1 hour ago, lennymoore24 said:

He has no chemistry with wrs

Look at the bright side your favorite all-time QB won today, Salute to Jacoby Brissett Dance Dancing GIF by Shay Mitchell

This post is absolutely delicious. You chastise others for not understanding how football works while simultaneously showing that you yourself have no idea how football works. Bravo lmao

I don’t care if people offer ideas on what the Colts should do.  In part that’s what this place is for.  What I don’t like is when people call Ballard an * for doing something or call a kid a bust before they even play a pre-season game.  

With that said I’ve seen most people who complained about the Wentz move come around on their own and admit they were wrong.  There are one or two hold outs but some people just can’t be wrong.  

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t care if people offer ideas on what the Colts should do.  In part that’s what this place is for.  What I don’t like is when people call Ballard an * for doing something or call a kid a bust before they even play a pre-season game.  

With that said I’ve seen most people who complained about the Wentz move come around on their own and admit they were wrong.  There are one or two hold outs but some people just can’t be wrong.  

My complaints with Wentz move were all due to health if he continues to stay healthy and we get better set of wrs he could be better next year

FWIW I never wanted to draft Jordan Love or Justin Fields, the only reason why I was against the Wentz trade was because of his health history. I actually thought signing Philip Rivers was great and look we went 11-5 and had Buffalo beat. So far Wentz has played good, I never said he stunk, I just didn't trust his health history. If he stays healthy I am for having Wentz. He has proven he can win games and put up good numbers.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

My complaints with Wentz move were all due to health if he continues to stay healthy and we get better set of wrs he could be better next year

OK.  Here's to looking forward to next year.

Most teams with a good QB will surround him with offensive weapons...we will see what Ballard does to support Wentz next year.

6 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

200.gif

That's funny considering you're the only poster here that I've seen start posts by trying to qualify themselves as an expert by talking about how long you've coached football or how much film you watch.

Please also don't come on here, grouping everyone together who has had an opinion you didn't agree with that maybe hasn't worked out as they'd hoped. You're over here trying to rub it in people's faces how you were right and they were wrong, trying to show just how much of an "expert" you are and how they shouldn't be entitled to their opinions, but you should be entitled to yours...

This coming from the same dude that wanted Anthony Gordon when some of us were clamoring for Love. One of them started an NFL game and the other isn't on an NFL roster. I'm sure I could go back and find all of the times you've been wrong and lay them out for everyone to see, but I won't because that's childish, like this thread.

6 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

How’s Anthony Gordon doing? 

LOL

That was Love's first career NFL start...playing in the loudest road environment. And he was under pressure quite often. 

He has a lot to work on, but that's to be expected for a QB making his start. But he was far from a disaster. Plenty to work with there...arm strength and mobility.

9 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Where are the people here who wanted the Colts to acquire Sam Darnold? As usual, he has been close to the worst QB in the league this year, MUCH worse than Jacoby Brissett, by the way.

Yeah, there were a few. I can't say much. I really wanted Stafford if it was at all possible. That said, I'm happy with Wentz. 

3 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Where are the people here who wanted the Colts to acquire Sam Darnold? As usual, he has been close to the worst QB in the league this year, MUCH worse than Jacoby Brissett, by the way.

I wouldn't say "much worse" than Brissett.   Brissett isn't playing great.   Darnold is not looking good lately.  I was one who wouldn't have minded bringing Darnold in, if cheap.   Just to compete for the starting or back up QB role.  Felt the same about Rosen.  2 QB's who many had as the best QB in the 2018 draft.   I wouldn't bring either in as a starter, but to compete for the backup role would be worth the risk.

Archived