Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at 49ers Post Game Thoughts (give us your 5-10 key takeaways)

EastStreet

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember….   At Michigan, Kwity was mostly in a 4-point stance.  Not ideal for pass rushing.   Plus,  I believe he was in a read and react defense.  That naturally slows down any pass rusher.

The Colts have put him in a more natural (for the RDE position) 3-point stance.   And we’ve basically told him to think pass rush first.  That should give Kwity a more natural higher ceiling than 4-6 sacks per year.   I’m not talking his rookie year, I’m talking over his career.   I would think his floor would be 6-8 sacks, but that he’ll be capable of more.   With a possible ceiling of double digits in his best years.   

Good points. I’d sign up for 8-10 a year right now 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was at the game and yes it was very wet and at times windy.

1. The o-line is finally starting to gel. Wentz was hardly moved off his spot and even when he was, he was able to move up the pocket or take off.

2. The offense is starting to form an identity. Taylor is finally getting the bulk of work which makes the RPOs and PA that much more effective.

3. Leonard is a monster. It really is so much different watching him make plays up close. It's so fast and the accuracy to punch the ball out is insane.

4. Pass rush still needs work. At times, Jimmy G was just chilling back there like the Deebo TD and it really is annoying to see our secondary get torched because we can't get the QB even uncomfortable let alone pressured.

5. Misdirection is still an issue. Every time Jimmy G rolled out, it was completed for like 10+ yards. That's not good especially when that's basically all Tannerhill does.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Found this. Eagle fans are saying Wentz was throwing shade at the eagles organization. I can see it.  Wentz is getting a little swag going on.

I think he's just trying to be humble and give his skill guys the credit....

But... Philly fans can take it however they want. It's Philly's front office fault that his leading WR last year wasn't even on the roster to start the year, and didn't find a home at all this year. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Found this. Eagle fans are saying Wentz was throwing shade at the eagles organization. I can see it.  Wentz is getting a little swag going on.

That is the kind of QB I want, no more Mr nice guy, I want to win and you have to have that kind of mentality to win. You can't be soft or nice because opponents pick up on that. Wentz is twice the QB Hurts is, I got news for Philly. Come Sunday Wentz is going to get his signature win as a Colt and then we will see how the season plays out. Wentz still has a lot of to prove but he starting to remind more of Luck with each game but he has a edge Luck didn't have, Luck was always a nice guy. Sometimes you have to tell like it is. I am learning that in life as I get older.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Meh. I don't see shade. Just giving Pitt and the other guys praise.

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

How anyone who sees that shade has an agenda and wants to see it that way.  He’s just praising his guys now.  If he had said something like “man do you see the guys I am throwing too, I never had anything like this in Philly”. That would be shade.

8 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

From the second we drafted him, Kwity struck me as more of a run-stopping end. He’ll probably develop into a nice pass rusher but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a 4-6 sack guy who is good against the run. Which would be fantastic. 

I thought the Colts would start him off a bit slower, and have him focus a lot on pass rushing. That really hasn't been the case, as when healthy, his snap count has been 70% or higher. He's very good against the run, so I understand his use, but it will likely slow his pass rushing progress. Zero sacks or QBHs is a bit surprising, and only one pressure is disappointing. Gotta give him a pass though as his run D is very strong, and he's been injured. 

Overall, once he's had some time to find his feet rushing the pass, I'd love to see him used a bit like Michigan did, lining him up all over the place. They moved him inside/outside and both sides. One down he'd be 4pt interior, next standing up on the edge, next he'd be out wide in a 3pt track stance looking to boat race the OT. We're not very creative though when it comes to DL movement. With high motor guys like Paye and Defo, seems like we could be a lot more creative. 

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is the kind of QB I want, no more Mr nice guy, I want to win and you have to have that kind of mentality to win. You can't be soft or nice because opponents pick up on that. Wentz is twice the QB Hurts is, I got news for Philly. Come Sunday Wentz is going to get his signature win as a Colt and then we will see how the season plays out. Wentz still has a lot of to prove but he starting to remind more of Luck with each game but he has a edge Luck didn't have, Luck was always a nice guy. Sometimes you have to tell like it is. I am learning that in life as I get older.

I agree totally in him having that edge luck didn’t have. It’s fun to see in our QB.

Archived