Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne Bleacher Report Article

Dtman513

Nate dunlevey is becoming more annoying than bob Kravitz in a strange way that's impressive.

I grew tired of him after his constant pandering to the FO last year.

It's funny bc Garçon has 85/1211/7 on Avery in 19 more games. Thats pretty pathetic in my opinion.

But this article just solidifys our love for Reg. he's the man.

I grew tired of him after his constant pandering to the FO last year.

You can say that again. It almost seems like everyone at colts authority need to paint ole Bill Polian as one with few blemishes.

Then, you have StampedeBlue who goes off in the other direction :).

You want page hits, defend or attack a specific matter to one extreme or the other, that wins elections and page hits for you (no wonder the US never has a third party in the middle that can win :)).

You can say that again. It almost seems like everyone at colts authority need to paint ole Bill Polian as one with few blemishes.

Then, you have StampedeBlue who goes off in the other direction :).

You want page hits, defend or attack a specific matter to one extreme or the other, that wins elections and page hits for you (no wonder the US never has a third party in the middle that can win :)).

Shhh, don't let em know we are catching on.

I think Colts Authority is a very boring site and they don't don't do enough updates, plus about half the time the only update is a plug for some crappy book Nate Dunleavy wrote. Stampede Blue is like a tabloid for Colt's fans. It's very sensational and it's a guilty pleasure that I always go back and read. I really despise Brad Wells writing style, it's seems a little too conversational, even for a blog, and he does some annoying things like linking back to his old blogs as reference for what's he's trying to prove. How can a writer do that? However I keep going back there and contributing to page hits.

I think Colts Authority is a very boring site and they don't don't do enough updates, plus about half the time the only update is a plug for some crappy book Nate Dunleavy wrote. Stampede Blue is like a tabloid for Colt's fans. It's very sensational and it's a guilty pleasure that I always go back and read. I really despise Brad Wells writing style, it's seems a little too conversational, even for a blog, and he does some annoying things like linking back to his old blogs as reference for what's he's trying to prove. How can a writer do that? However I keep going back there and contributing to page hits.

I agree, and I wish CA would have developed into something like Stampede, except with the better writers. I also think you're being generous when you say that Wells has any style. He's not just a bad writer, he's even a bad blogger.

You guys are hard on Dunlevy because he is objective; in other words he is good.

You watch Avery won't do much here

Objective?! Nate is easily the must homer of all the Colts blog personalities.

I can't think of a single scathing review from him. Ever. 12 wins a year or not, something can be improved upon.

Objective?! Nate is easily the must homer of all the Colts blog personalities.

I can't think of a single scathing review from him. Ever. 12 wins a year or not, something can be improved upon.

Why is writing a scathing review a badge of honor, as if not writing one makes him less of a writer?

I wouldn't call Nate objective overall, but if we're recognizing that he's a blogger for his favorite team, then that doesn't really matter. He's obviously a much better writer than BBS, but then, so are most bloggers. I think Nate is pretty good, and I don't agree with him a lot of the time.

Why is writing a scathing review a badge of honor, as if not writing one makes him less of a writer?

I wouldn't call Nate objective overall, but if we're recognizing that he's a blogger for his favorite team, then that doesn't really matter. He's obviously a much better writer than BBS, but then, so are most bloggers. I think Nate is pretty good, and I don't agree with him a lot of the time.

Its not a badge of honor, it would indicate objectiveness.....Which he clearly is not....Which is what I was refering too....Im not asking him to tee off on the Colts, ala Stampede....

You guys are hard on Dunlevy because he is objective; in other words he is good.

Right because we dislike someone it must mean that they are objective and we are being bias... Dunlevy has his bias too, we all have them it's a part of being human. Being hard on a team or a player or standing up for a team or player when most others are taking the other side of things doesn't automatically make you objective. It just means you hold another view point which is fine.

I just don't happen to care for Dunlevy. I don't think anyone decided they disliked him because of the Avery thing because we all think Avery is going to be great. In fact I think most have said this is a low risk move that MAY pay off but I don't think any of us are expecting Avery to be great in fact I think most would probably agree with Dunlevy's view on that that he might not work out, still no point to go after Grigson till it doesn't work out and honeslty hurts the franchise if it doesn't work out and we didn't give up much to give him (which we didn't) then it's not a bad move, it's just a move that didn't work, there is a difference there. I dislike Kravitz too it doesn't mean that I always think Kravitz is wrong though. I happen to dislike Dunlevy because of his style not because he doesn't think Avery will be a super star just like I dislike Kravitz because I really don't think he gets Indiana sports as much as he tries to pretend that he does and because of all the whinning and cry he did about Polian not talking to him. That's just my opinion though.

No, he speaks like a lawyer to twist a scenario with numbers that fits his point of view most of the time. If you argue glass half full, he will argue glass half empty but insist it is empty :), that is what bugs me.

He will enter into a back-and-forth-till-you-drop-it in any of his articles if you happen to disagree with him. He cant just let go and agree to disagree. That happens on any forum as well, but Nate will go to great lengths to diminish your different point of view. That is one thing I do like about BBS. He is childish and juvenile in his writing style, rarely appeals to intellectual adults, is more entertainment and sensationalism mixed with technology instead of intellectual discussion stimulator, which Dunleavy is. But BBS will express his disagreement a few times and let it go. If you cross the line, and use cuss words or things not in line with the blog rules, he will bring down the sword and I am perfectly fine with that, some view it as dictatorial, I view it as a juvenile in a grown man's body exercising the only control he ever had at the highest level he could fathom :).

In other words "you cannot be right in Dunleavy's world if you do not agree with him after disagreeing with him for about 20 times :)". In BBS' world, keep going on and on as long as you dont violate blog rules, and enjoy the entertainment. You just need to tune yourself to different wavelengths before entering their sites and I have learnt to do that :), all part of my tolerance training :).

I alike with probably everyone else is very thankful that reggie wayne stayed with us cause we all know just about any other team in the league would have picked him up. I mean how would ask of us felt if he would of ended up playing for new england this year which was his other pick for trade