Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Olympics 2021

Anyone watch?

I do some.   Nothing too great yet.   There was a long bicycle race where a rider who wasn't supposed to do well broke off with a pack of 5-7 riders, then she broke off from them.   The rest of the pack caught up with the original pack that broke off, but they didn't know of this woman that was way ahead.  The favorites didn't even try to catch up because they had no idea.   The favorite finished in 2nd but thought she won gold.   Pretty interesting.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Anyone watch?

I do some.   Nothing too great yet.   There was a long bicycle race where a rider who wasn't supposed to do well broke off with a pack of 5-7 riders, then she broke off from them.   The rest of the pack caught up with the original pack that broke off, but they didn't know of this woman that was way ahead.  The favorites didn't even try to catch up because they had no idea.   The favorite finished in 2nd but thought she won gold.   Pretty interesting.

I havent really caught anything. I am must more for Winter Olympics. I will probably watch some of the SemiFinals for Baseball, and Soccer and Basketball. 

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

Boy, the media has decided to go easy on Simone Biles.  I have yet to hear a negative thing.  

Facebook and Fox News have been tearing her to pieces, but it’s not too surprising. 

I used to get something similar to the “twisties” while attempting to do tricks skiing. It’s very weird and can be scary. 

I have a couple things but not like in the past where I would be glued to the tv.  Just lost the interest pretty much with all the political stuff going on in between all the competitors.  Just like if I am seeing too much political crap with the NFL, then it will definately turn me off...and turn it off.

I've been watching a bit each night.  No interest in the men's basketball.

Womens beach volleyball is good :D

Funniest was when I clicked to some womens weightlifting.   I know nothing about lifting.   They were doing what is called the snatch.  They went to commercial with the comment:

"We'll be right back to see her snatch".    Sounded dirty.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:19 PM, RollerColt said:

Facebook and Fox News have been tearing her to pieces, but it’s not too surprising. 

I used to get something similar to the “twisties” while attempting to do tricks skiing. It’s very weird and can be scary. 

You have to give mad respect for someone who recognized her issues, withdrew since it could hurt her team and then sorts it out later to come back and win a bronze. 

Vontae Davis, Andrew Luck, Simone Biles, it is apples to oranges, I know, with each situation having them quitting in the middle of something (game/event or season). It just goes to show you that sometimes an athlete can go into a season or game thinking everything is good and things CAN come unraveling w.r.t their mental state of mind, something they didn't realize was a problem before. 

Archived