Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs win 7-1. Best all-around game we have played in a while. Off day tomorrow then off to LA to play 4 straight tough one's. Cubs are back in 1st in the NL Central for the moment at 41-33. Brewers are 40-33 and are currently playing the D-Backs as of now in a late start tonight. Last I seen the Brewers are up 1-0 in the 4th. Cards actually lost to Detroit which helps, didn't expect that.

@HOZER, Fly the Flag, GO CUBS!

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 7-1. Best all-around game we have played in a while. Off day tomorrow then off to LA to play 4 straight tough one's. Cubs are back in 1st in the NL Central for the moment at 41-33. Brewers are 40-33 and are currently playing the D-Backs as of now in a late start tonight. Last I seen the Brewers are up 1-0 in the 4th. Cards actually lost to Detroit which helps, didn't expect that.

@HOZER, Fly the Flag, GO CUBS!

Now 4-0 Brewers. 

It is likely that we will be down half a game tomorrow as I dont expect the brewers to lose to the D-Backs twice

12 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

It would be our most wins in a 4 game series on the road all year

Dodgers have been inconsistent lately as well. I think we can get 2. If I am not mistaken Hendricks should pitch the last game of that series as well. That should be a win the way he has been pitching. It would be cool to game 1 the guys can play loose then.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers have been inconsistent lately as well. I think we can get 2. If I am not mistaken Hendricks should pitch the last game of that series as well. That should be a win the way he has been pitching. It would be cool to game 1 the guys can play loose then.

I just checked, the Cubs don't have Hendricks pitching against the Dodgers. We do play the Brewers after that series, looks like Ross is saving him for game 1 at Brewers.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would be happy if we got 2, but going out west and the Dodgers still, I think it will be hard to do that much even

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am happy that for this West Coast trip the only late game on a Weekday is tonight. After that Friday is late, but no work for me. Saturday and Sunday are 6pm CST.

Also, Javy has a HR and Cubs are up 1-0 

I work nights so I can follow the game tonight and tomorrow night. Then I am off Saturday and Sunday so I can drink a few and relax and watch. It would be a boost if we can get this 1st game. I seen where El' Mago HR'd.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs have a combined no hitter through 8. Chafin pitched the 8th and gave up 0 hits. 4-0 Cubs to the 9th.

And they did it! Combined no-hitter vs the Dodgers in LA, again. Davies 6ip, tepera, chafin, Kimbrel 1ip each. They did walk 8 batters but 3 of them were borderline calls. 

Cubs win season series vs LAD as we are 4-0 with 3 left. 

Cubs and Brewers tied for First. Reds in third. Cards in 4th after 8-2 loss vs 5th place Pirates. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I work nights so I can follow the game tonight and tomorrow night. Then I am off Saturday and Sunday so I can drink a few and relax and watch. It would be a boost if we can get this 1st game. I seen where El' Mago HR'd.

I work regular 8/9-5 but I stay up til 1 most nights anyway (CST) so while these games suck for me from a night routine, I am still awake for them. And rarely miss them

There it is a combined no hitter! Davies 6 innings, Tepera 1 inning, Chafin 1 inning, Kimbrel 1 inning. We no hit the freakin Dodgers, great job guys! El Mago HR'd, Contreras HR'd as the Cubs win 4-0 in total domination. 

All right the Cubs are tied for 1st in the NL Central with the Brewers, both teams are 42-33 heading into Friday's play. We still have 3 more with more the Dodgers and the Brewers play 3 against the Rockies. They have it easier but we start a 3 game series against them on Monday with Hendricks pitching. This is very nice. @HOZER, Fly the Flag proudly on this win.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There it is a combined no hitter! Davies 6 innings, Tepera 1 inning, Chafin 1 inning, Kimbrel 1 inning. We no hit the freakin Dodgers, great job guys! El Mago HR'd, Contreras HR'd as the Cubs win 4-0 in total domination. 

All right the Cubs are tied for 1st in the NL Central with the Brewers, both teams are 42-33 heading into Friday's play. We still have 3 more with more the Dodgers and the Brewers play 3 against the Rockies. They have it easier but we start a 3 game series against them on Monday with Hendricks pitching. This is very nice. @HOZER, Fly the Flag proudly on this win.

image.thumb.png.d70c3d0781df8f65a0cb0aa25e93c555.pngimage.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jake has given up 2 runs on 4 hits through 4. That is pretty good actually. We need to score, Bryant has been our only offense with the HR. 2-1 Dodgers.

Is it box score you are seeing, or live? Cuz the box score isn't showing so much what he is doing, just as he is not controlling the ball, knowing where it is going which is the issue most of the year. Like remember 2018 Chatwood, that is basically Arrieta as his stuff is still nasty but no clue where it is gonna go. He has twiced walked bases loaded and twice got out of it. Again just like 2018 Chatwood could do. I am also expecting he done for the night now after 5

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Is it box score you are seeing, or live? Cuz the box score isn't showing so much what he is doing, just as he is not controlling the ball, knowing where it is going which is the issue most of the year. Like remember 2018 Chatwood, that is basically Arrieta as his stuff is still nasty but no clue where it is gonna go. He has twiced walked bases loaded and twice got out of it. Again just like 2018 Chatwood could do. I am also expecting he done for the night now after 5

It is box score but he has only given up 2 runs in 5 innings which qualifies him for the win. Anytime your starter only gives up 2 runs in 5 innings he has done his job. I always say it is on the offense if we don't score at least 4 runs. Jake wasn't great or very good but good going by runs allowed. I will re-watch the game in the morning when I get home to see him live.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is box score but he has only given up 2 runs in 5 innings which qualifies him for the win. Anytime your starter only gives up 2 runs in 5 innings he has done his job. I always say it is on the offense if we don't score at least 4 runs. Jake wasn't great or very good but good going by runs allowed. I will re-watch the game in the morning when I get home to see him live.

For me, when watching the game, I am also thinking for the future, so while here he gave up two, his pitching had more to do with being so wild, guys get out. It is not a long term strategy though as a pitcher, even less so with his age. This is only his second start in a month and half that he gave us a chance to win (doesn't look like we will) but that is not good. HE either needs to figure out what he was doing in his first starts of the year, or be DFA. 

In other news, WIlson got hit in the hand/wrist with 98, second time this year that has happened (first was friendly fire). I am expecting he will be out tomorrow though just to give a day off like last time. I honestly hope even if he gets picked for All-Star game that he doesn't play, as he already has so many innings and he needs a break. OR just DHs

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

For me, when watching the game, I am also thinking for the future, so while here he gave up two, his pitching had more to do with being so wild, guys get out. It is not a long term strategy though as a pitcher, even less so with his age. This is only his second start in a month and half that he gave us a chance to win (doesn't look like we will) but that is not good. HE either needs to figure out what he was doing in his first starts of the year, or be DFA. 

In other news, WIlson got hit in the hand/wrist with 98, second time this year that has happened (first was friendly fire). I am expecting he will be out tomorrow though just to give a day off like last time. I honestly hope even if he gets picked for All-Star game that he doesn't play, as he already has so many innings and he needs a break. OR just DHs

Thanks for the update, that sucks regarding Contreras. We need him bigtime! I can honestly see us losing this game 2-1 and Jake getting a cheap loss haha . It is 2-1 going to the 7th. I can't remember which game it was but there was another game where Jake only gave up 2 runs in 5 or 6 innings and got a loss as well. He has had some stinkers but also some bad luck because the offense didn't show up during his starts.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for the update, that sucks regarding Contreras. We need him bigtime! I can honestly see us losing this game 2-1 and Jake getting a cheap loss haha . It is 2-1 going to the 7th. I can't remember which game it was but there was another game where Jake only gave up 2 runs in 5 or 6 innings and got a loss as well. He has had some stinkers but also some bad luck because the offense didn't show up during his starts.

Hopefully Willy will be fine. And Jake just needs to figure out where he is throwing it. One run could be contributed to that. And Alzolay has had that situation multiple times this year. Barely gives up but loses

J-Hey and Marisnick get on, Sergio bunts. Joc hits SF Cubs tied 0-0 with 2 outs in top 7. So wont be a loss for Jake

Jake gave us a chance tonight, if we score 3 runs we may win this game? Very nice 2-2 now. It is up to our Bullpen now. I really trust them but you never know.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jake gave us a chance tonight, if we score 3 runs we may win this game? Very nice 2-2 now. It is up to our Bullpen now. I really trust them but you never know.

He did tonight, but still did not like the way he was throwing. 

And Tepera coming in for 8th. My worry is yes bullpen has been good, but they will give up runs at some point and that is the worrisome issue

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And that was my worry, been good for so long, at some point they will give up runs. At least was a game were likely to lose if we went extras Brewers will be up a full game since they face Triple A teams 

Yeah I give Tepera a pass but you called it. He has been great all season. Looks like we will be down a game. So far I think we have played a good series at LA.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I give Tepera a pass but you called it. He has been great all season. Looks like we will be down a game. So far I think we have played a good series at LA.

I am hoping Rockies can surprise us. But ya, honestly we have been facing Playoff Caliber teams the entire month except Marlins and Cardinals the other are in playoffs. Brewers have the D-Backs and Rockies a ton the best team they faced lately was the Reds. 

As long as Tepera got his runs giving up out today, it will be fine. Chafin and Kimbrel I am hopeful their run giving up games will come when the Cubs are up be enough that it doesn;t hurt

I am hoping Rockies can surprise us. But ya, honestly we have been facing Playoff Caliber teams the entire month except Marlins and Cardinals the other are in playoffs. Brewers have the D-Backs and Rockies a ton the best team they faced lately was the Reds. 

As long as Tepera got his runs giving up out today, it will be fine. Chafin and Kimbrel I am hopeful their run giving up games will come when the Cubs are up be enough that it doesn;t hurt

Anytime we lose it stinks but having said that going into this series I was hoping for 2 wins and at worse only being 2 games back heading into Milwaukee. That is still very possible. I am expecting 2 out of 3 at Milwaukee, our fans even travel well there. To me Milwaukee is good but they have had a cupcake schedule all month pretty much. We have played the Giants 4 times, Padres 6 times, Mets 4 times, and now the Dodgers 4 times again. That is borderline ridiculous. Before that when we played at St. Louis they were in 1st and healthy lol. The schedule will even out though. When we play the Brewers on Monday, Hendricks will be pitching, we will win that one.

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Anytime we lose it stinks but having said that going into this series I was hoping for 2 wins and at worse only being 2 games back heading into Milwaukee. That is still very possible. I am expecting 2 out of 3 at Milwaukee, our fans even travel well there. To me Milwaukee is good but they have had a cupcake schedule all month pretty much. We have played the Giants 4 times, Padres 6 times, Mets 4 times, and now the Dodgers 4 times again. That is borderline ridiculous. Before that when we played at St. Louis they were in 1st and healthy lol. The schedule will even out though. When we play the Brewers on Monday, Hendricks will be pitching, we will win that one.

Very much the case. 

Also we are getting guys on rehab assignments as Bote, Williams, Steele, Maples, and Hoerner are starting them with the Iowa Cubs. Which for those of you in Indy area, the Iowa Cubs are playing Tuesday through Sunday versus the Indians and thus are likely to see multiple Rehab guys there if you go to a game

For a game where every run matters, Heyward hit a HR which was initially ruled a HR by the 3rd base Ump who has the best look at it. Then somehow he changed the call to foul ball. Ross challenges and loses the challenge. The announcers said it was too close to tell or overturn but the Ump changed the call on his own before either team could review it. Cheap!  If that cost the Cubs game that is sad. It is 2-2 in the 8th inning as of now. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For a game where every run matters, Heyward hit a HR which was initially ruled a HR by the 3rd base Ump who has the best look at it. Then somehow he changed the call to foul ball. Ross challenges and loses the challenge. The announcers said it was too close to tell or overturn but the Ump changed the call on his own before either team could review it. Cheap!  If that cost the Cubs game that is sad. It is 2-2 in the 8th inning as of now. 

I hate this crew, it's been bad all weekend. I listened to radio broadcast with game on TV, wanted to avoid buck and smoltz stupidity. Ron was commenting about how the zone was incredibly bad and cost wisdom at least 1 strikeout and KB multiple times. MLB just needs to cancel the contract with MLBUA as its not worth having them. We got screwed, and likely win that game as kimbrel wouldve been pitching. Umps are like the worst I have ever seen this year 

Archived