Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Notable Unrestricted Free Agents 2013

dgambill

With the cap space we have we should be able to make a run at any of the players on the list. I left out a few positions just because we won't need K, P, QB and I am leaving the offensive line off because it is hard to measure those guys. There are lots more than these...but the rest are restricted or haven't had a noteworthy career yet. Here are the list and please discuss away who we think we should target. Some players have been franchised but not locked up and others will likely get resigned. Anyways here is the list as it stands. It also lets us see what difference makers may be on the market and what we should target in the draft.

Notable Unristricted Free Agents 2013

RB: Lesean McCoy, Peyton Hillis, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Greg Jones

WR: Dwayne Bowe, Wes Welker, Josh Cribbs, Steve Smith

TE: Fred Davis, Jared Cook, Anthony Fasano, Ben Hartsock

CB: Brent Grimes, Tracy Porter, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Jarius Byrd, Sheldon Brown, Kevin Barnes

S: Laron Landry, Louis Delmas, Dashon Goldson, Sherrod Martin, Tanard Jackson

LB: Brian Urlacher, Antwan Barnes, Aaron Curry, Jevon Belcher, Larry Foote

DL: Glenn Dorsey, Shaun Cody, Jason Jones, Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons, Connor Barwin

With the cap space we have we should be able to make a run at any of the players on the list. I left out a few positions just because we won't need K, P, QB and I am leaving the offensive line off because it is hard to measure those guys. There are lots more than these...but the rest are restricted or haven't had a noteworthy career yet. Here are the list and please discuss away who we think we should target. Some players have been franchised but not locked up and others will likely get resigned. Anyways here is the list as it stands. It also lets us see what difference makers may be on the market and what we should target in the draft.

CB: Brent Grimes, Tracy Porter, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Jarius Byrd, Sheldon Brown, Kevin Barnes

DL: Glenn Dorsey, Shaun Cody, Jason Jones, Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons, Connor Barwin

Even though he's 33, Urlacher would be very nice, I like!

If the Colts could get him it would be

47089605.jpg

I don't see it happening though, I think he's a Bear for life.

Even though he's 33, Urlacher would be very nice, I like!

If the Colts could get him it would be

47089605.jpg

I don't see it happening though, I think he's a Bear for life.

He has said he is a Bear for life...but Peyton said he thought he was a Colt for life too....and we also have seen how stingy the Bears have been in paying their players...just look at Forte. I would much rather get him if he was to be available but at the right price Urlacher would be nice for a year or two.

No...Steve Smith STL. He was still good with NYG though.

Ah, site that said Steve Smith - Car was a FA in 2013. It actually has both listed.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=WR&y=2013

He has said he is a Bear for life...but Peyton said he thought he was a Colt for life too....and we also have seen how stingy the Bears have been in paying their players...just look at Forte. I would much rather get him if he was to be available but at the right price Urlacher would be nice for a year or two.

Indeed he would be nice but as we both speculate, Bear for life.

I got my list from somewhere else. It is a bit different because your site has UFA on Victor Cruz and mine had restricted. I am not sure yours is up to date but I will have to check. Anyways it is interesting to see what is out there. To be honest I don't see a lot of high value targets like I did this year...but someone could have a stand out year and make things interesting.

I got my list from somewhere else. It is a bit different because your site has UFA on Victor Cruz and mine had restricted. I am not sure yours is up to date but I will have to check. Anyways it is interesting to see what is out there. To be honest I don't see a lot of high value targets like I did this year...but someone could have a stand out year and make things interesting.

Yeah definitely not as many high value targets, still some solid players at least. They are definitely going to need to do something with all that monumental cap space they have next year haha .

Yeah definitely not as many high value targets, still some solid players at least. They are definitely going to need to do something with all that monumental cap space they have next year haha .

Maybe roll it into 2014 lol...we have to meet the league minimum salary though. That said teams like Cincy have huge cap space and haven't done much with it so who knows what we will do. Probably sign Vitatoe to a huge contract lol.

that would be great if we would get cribbs, definite upgrade in return game, we may can get tracy and maybe try to develop curry?

D Rodgers-Cromartie and Laron Landry, would be an insant upgrade to our secondary, I love both these guys and have watch them sence there college days

I think D Rodgers-Cromartie would be great to add to the secondary and he Grigson brought him over from Arizona and so he has ties with our FO. Depending on Zbikowski and how he performs this year dictates if we should bring Landry. Although Landry & Bethea secondary sounds pretty awesome.

I think D Rodgers-Cromartie would be great to add to the secondary and he Grigson brought him over from Arizona and so he has ties with our FO. Depending on Zbikowski and how he performs this year dictates if we should bring Landry. Although Landry & Bethea secondary sounds pretty awesome.

heck Yeah.

I like Cliff Avril as a DE to, i watched him play for the Lions this year... He can really get to the quarter back, which is a big need for us

I don't know where Cliff would fit in our new scheme but he was a monster. On defense I look at Antwan Barnes, Belcher, Goldson, and Grimes or Cromartie....I like Cromartie's size. On offense I would love to have Matt Forte if he doesn't cost too much. He could be the work horse we need and Brown could spell him. I would take Mccoy but no doubt he will be either resigned or expecting close to 10 mil per year if he has another season like this past. Obviously Bowe is a monster but the Chiefs have cap space and I don't see him going anywhere. I am ok with developing my own WRs/TEs as they are much cheaper out of the draft. I just don't think that Brown is the answer. I KNOW that tickes a bunch of people off on this board apearantly but that is just my simple opinion. Even if he gets better he isn't pro bowl caliber and I think Forte/Mccoy would draw 7/8 in the box if our line continues to improve. You know....perhaps...just perhaps we could trade Freeney for Forte. The Bears wanted another DE with Peppers and Forte isn't happy. If we could settle their contracts it would be a win/win....(pie in the sky).