Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teven Jenkins: OT Oklahoma State

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Unless I missed it, what is your list of the top 5 LT's coming out. I have skimmed over a lot of these posts so if I missed your's I apologize. Just curious.

Still haven't finalized it. And I'm still not sure about Jenkins at LT. But I think it should be a conversation and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. 

Sewell

-----

Slater

-----

Jenkins

Darrisaw

-----

Cosmi

Walker Little

Radunz

-----

Leatherwood

Eichenberg

Something like that... but don't put in pen yet. I'm still watching film on them. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Still haven't finalized it. And I'm still not sure about Jenkins at LT. But I think it should be a conversation and shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. 

Sewell

-----

Slater

-----

Jenkins

Darrisaw

-----

Cosmi

Walker Little

Radunz

-----

Leatherwood

Eichenberg

Something like that... but don't put in pen yet. I'm still watching film on them. 

Yeah I have:

1. Sewell

2. Slater

3. Darrisaw

4. Cosmi

5. Little

-that is mine for now from what I have read about these players = their HT, WT, Arms, foot movement, wing span, etc. and been able to see via clips. Little seems like a sleeper, I don't see many people talking about him. Jenkins is interesting because of the whole RT vs LT thing, his potential is high though.

Here's Dane Brugler's latest ranking according to his top 100 prospects list:

https://theathletic.com/2482242/2021/03/29/2021-nfl-draft-top-100-big-board-kyle-pitts-zach-wilson-follow-trevor-lawrence-atop-list/

OT1 Penei Sewell

OT2 Rashawn Slater

OT3 Christian Darrisaw

OT4 Taven Jenkins

OT5 Samuel Cosmi

OT6 Liam Eichenberg

OT7 Walker Little

OT8 James Hudson(have to watch him... heard he's athletic freak... might be interesting developmental prospect)

OT9 Dillon Radunz

OT10 Brady Christensen

OT11 D’Ante Smith 

OT12 Stone Forsythe

He says teams grade Leatherwood best as a guard and he has him listed as a guard. Same with Alijah Vera-Tucker, Jaylen Mayfield and Jackson Carman. 

Just now, stitches said:

Here's Dane Brugler's latest ranking according to his top 100 prospects list:

https://theathletic.com/2482242/2021/03/29/2021-nfl-draft-top-100-big-board-kyle-pitts-zach-wilson-follow-trevor-lawrence-atop-list/

OT1 Penei Sewell

OT2 Rashawn Slater

OT3 Christian Darrisaw

OT4 Taven Jenkins

OT5 Samuel Cosmi

OT6 Liam Eichenberg

OT7 Walker Little

OT8 James Hudson(have to watch him... heard he's athletic freak... might be interesting developmental prospect)

OT9 Dillon Radunz

OT10 Brady Christensen

OT11 D’Ante Smith 

OT12 Stone Forsythe

He says teams grade Leatherwood best as a guard and he has him listed as a guard. Same with Alijah Vera-Tucker, Jaylen Mayfield and Jackson Carman. 

Yeah I would have Eichenberg in my mix definitely. I did not bring him up but I think he is good.

31 minutes ago, stitches said:

Sewell

-----

Slater

-----

Jenkins

Darrisaw

-----

Cosmi

Walker Little

Radunz

-----

Leatherwood

Eichenberg

Radunz im kind of so so on

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I have:

1. Sewell

2. Slater

3. Darrisaw

4. Cosmi

5. Little

-that is mine for now from what I have read about these players = their HT, WT, Arms, foot movement, wing span, etc. and been able to see via clips. Little seems like a sleeper, I don't see many people talking about him. Jenkins is interesting because of the whole RT vs LT thing, his potential is high though.

The reason people aren't talking about Walker Little is he had a knee injury in 2019 and opted out of the 2020 season. We didn't get to see him for almost. He'd be a 1st round pick if those things didn't happen. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the poster is talking about Jenkins.   

I just read the tweets about Jenkins, you may be right

I dont see anything where the Colts met with Little.

You are a Stanford man.... What do you think of him?

If I am the Colts, I am looking at EVERYONE as a LT, then cutting that list back

On 4/1/2021 at 9:05 PM, DownHillRunner said:

Here are his pro day results 

Height: 6'5 Weight: 317 Hand: 9 1/2 Arm: 33 1/2 Wing: 81 40: 5.03/5.01 Vert: 32.5 Broad: 8-10 SS: 4.66 3C: 7.72 Bench: 36

Pros:

Split low with wide frame, good power and excellent body control.

Instinctive feel for positioning and quick to adjust his blocks when needed.

Powerful core allows him to base up and flatten the edge for running backs.

Full sustain mode closes door once his hands lock in.

Ready and willing to bury his man.

Plays under squared pads as a climbing blocker.

Athleticism for smooth drift from block to block on second level.

Quick to set out on wide-angle rushers and close the distance.

Keeps hands back until his target is within range.

Strong, sure hands clench up and stall rush attack.

Capable hand fighting to recapture control.

Cons: 

Very short arms for tackle position.

Lack of length shows up when trying to hit redirect block at the top of rush.

Longer defenders can stab and separate from him.

Could struggle to gain enough depth against speed rush.

Displays slight inconsistencies with weight dispersal.

Loses contact with run blocks, showing occasional leaning.

Some scouts voiced concerns about football character.

I'm going to go out and say this guy plays nasty. I'm talking about Big Q nasty. He mauled Joesph Ossai to oblivion when they played each other. I don't want to hear that he doesn't have the arms to play tackle. That is exactly was scouts and analysts said about Braden Smith coming out of Auburn that his arms were too small to play tackle. My only questions are, can he play LT for 17 games a season in his career? And, does go off the board in the 1st round or the 2nd round? Draft or Pass? 

NFL linemen and blitzers are nasty too.

The Big boys say RT. I can't see Ballard using a first round pick on him, at least I hope not. :D

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

NFL linemen and blitzers are nasty too.

The Big boys say RT. I can't see Ballard using a first round pick on him, at least I hope not. :D

I doubt Ballard is that worried about what the big boys think. As you probably already know its more about what the Colts own in house scouting feels and their own approach to player grades. Ive seen too many players these popular scouts thought were really good and the teams themselves had a whole other grade on them. Or they (the team) felt they could play a position the scouts( scouts like Bucky Brooks, Daniel Jeremiah etc) did not.

IMHO, if you have a really big guy at Right Tackle, and you worry about the transition to LT for pass protection, ONE of the things that you look at is to see how he did against speed rushers on the right side. 

Other than a play or two, the tape shows Jenkins easily staying with the speed guys he faced in front of him

Ossai from Texas is slated to go in late round 1 or early round 2. He ran a 4,63 40, and had some other nice measurables.

Jenkins flattened him on a few occasions, and mirrored him every time he was across from him

I would think that would translate to the Left Side

The run blocking was top notch, which I think translates to the LT spot in an easier fashion

I think I would be ok with a dominant run blocker, and an average pro pass protector at LT.

Not a poor pass protector, but in the middle

Who knows who that CB has in mind..... I dont... they do seem to have some interest in the kid

However..... CB is DEEPLY researching EVERY top OT in this draft, to make sure that he gets the right guy

I do think Cosmi is a safer pick, but if CB thinks Jenkins is THE guy......

Im cheering the pick

36 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

IMHO, if you have a really big guy at Right Tackle, and you worry about the transition to LT for pass protection, ONE of the things that you look at is to see how he did against speed rushers on the right side. 

Other than a play or two, the tape shows Jenkins easily staying with the speed guys he faced in front of him

Ossai from Texas is slated to go in late round 1 or early round 2. He ran a 4,63 40, and had some other nice measurables.

Jenkins flattened him on a few occasions, and mirrored him every time he was across from him

I would think that would translate to the Left Side

The run blocking was top notch, which I think translates to the LT spot in an easier fashion

Another thing to consider - we actually were running more behind Q and AC than behind Glow and Braden last couple of years. 

36 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think I would be ok with a dominant run blocker, and an average pro pass protector at LT.

Not a poor pass protector, but in the middle

Who knows who that CB has in mind..... I dont... they do seem to have some interest in the kid

However..... CB is DEEPLY researching EVERY top OT in this draft, to make sure that he gets the right guy

I do think Cosmi is a safer pick, but if CB thinks Jenkins is THE guy......

Im cheering the pick

Not sure it means much but Frank was watching Cosmi's pro day the day Wentz came over to Indy and Frank was greeting him:

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Another thing to consider - we actually were running more behind Q and AC than behind Glow and Braden last couple of years. 

Not sure it means much but Frank was watching Cosmi's pro day the day Wentz came over to Indy and Frank was greeting him:

I saw that.....  Im not sure it matters....

I think they are going to spend hours and hours watching tape, and also checking in on the 5-6 OTs that might be in range for the Colts to draft

He may have just been caught with the guy of the day......  

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Despite what some don't want, if Jenkins is there at 21, I'd rather for Ballard draft this guy than to spend that pick on Phillips or Rousseau who both have question marks. Paye is not going to drop to 21, and Oweh could slip to the 2nd round. What I'm looking for in an offensive lineman is versatility and Jenkins can play both tackle spots. 

This excellent video made me psyched for Jenkins. 

After watching this, it seems pretty obvious that Jenkins is a GREAT RT. Like Q, technique and attitude are off the charts. But can he be just as effective as a LT? Some say it's like asking a right-handed person to write with their left hand. I guess CB has to decide if Jenkins can be a full time LT and Jenkins has to be confidant that he WANTS to be a full-time LT.

Archived