Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Spotrac Top FA Projections

• Shive changed the title to Spotrac Top FA Projections

I have a feeling there will be more requests from GMs for contracts to be back loaded due to cap reasons in the years 2021 and 2022 and if the free agents are not good with it, it will end up as more 1 or 2 year deals.

I find it interesting that Melvin Ingram is projected to come to us. Ingram and Judon along with Carl Lawson were pass rushers I would like Ballard to look into in free agency, we will see how it unfolds.

They project for us:

Xavier Rhodes | CB | 3 yrs, $21M

He was one of the best values in the secondary for 2020, and a significant pay raise is coming. He'll need depth and security around him to stay healthy and productive at this stage of his career.

Melvin Ingram | OLB | 2 yrs, $24M

While the price may be right for the Chargers to keep him, Ingram should draw interest from legitimate contenders in 2021, with teams like Buffalo, Indy, & the Packers all in the mix.

Alejandro Villanueva | OT | 2 yrs, $32M

He's a little too old to be a "cornerstone" left tackle for a young up and coming team, but he might be the perfect immediate replacement for Anthony Castonzo and the Colts.

47 minutes ago, Shive said:

They project for us:

He was one of the best values in the secondary for 2020, and a significant pay raise is coming. He'll need depth and security around him to stay healthy and productive at this stage of his career.

While the price may be right for the Chargers to keep him, Ingram should draw interest from legitimate contenders in 2021, with teams like Buffalo, Indy, & the Packers all in the mix.

He's a little too old to be a "cornerstone" left tackle for a young up and coming team, but he might be the perfect immediate replacement for Anthony Castonzo and the Colts.

Also 

Chris Godwin 5 yrs, $90M

The age, production, intangibles, and skillset are all extremely favorable for Godwin, which almost always means that someone overpays to pull him out of his current situation.

On 2/18/2021 at 10:18 AM, Shive said:

They project for us:

You forgot about Chris Godwin.

On 2/18/2021 at 11:05 AM, BluesGirl said:

Also 

Chris Godwin 5 yrs, $90M

The age, production, intangibles, and skillset are all extremely favorable for Godwin, which almost always means that someone overpays to pull him out of his current situation.

I wouldn’t be mad at an OLB, LT, WR, CB haul before the draft

Honestly if I was Ballard I would bring in Nkemdiche and David Irving. Both have potential and will cost nothing. 1 year prove it deals that could be amazing. Then resign Rhodes and you can let Houston and Autry go. Bring back Muhammad. And then with the money you have grab a WR and maybe Awuzie from Dallas. 

26 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Honestly if I was Ballard I would bring in Nkemdiche and David Irving. Both have potential and will cost nothing. 1 year prove it deals that could be amazing. Then resign Rhodes and you can let Houston and Autry go. Bring back Muhammad. And then with the money you have grab a WR and maybe Awuzie from Dallas. 

Irving already signed with Las Vegas

Archived