Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mitch Trubisky as a potential long term answer at QB New Off-Season Outlook - Potentially Unpopular

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Shorter throws... We can just keep JB if we want to do this. 

Why is agree on the shorter yard aspect but everything else I would want Trubisky. Downfield throws would be better because you wouldn’t have that weird hitch that Brissett has when throwing over 15 yards. 

I just find this topic amazing. Chicago is trying anything to move up to draft a QB or get involved to get Wentz or play with the idea of looking at Watson or Ryan. The only thing Chicago has ZERO interest in is re-signing the dude we're talking about, that should tell you something. They got Foles last year hoping he could be the man, but he's the same suck QB.. To be honest, I'd rather have JB 100 times more..

On 2/15/2021 at 1:34 PM, Scott Pennock said:

Having grown up a Bears fan until 1987 I still catch the Bears games from time to time and I have begun to think about Mitch Trubisky as a potential long term answer at QB.

We know some of the history, one year starter in college who had a great season. Drafted higher than he should have (above both Mahomes and Watson) and has been solid and spectacular at times in the NFL.

Now, with 4 years of NFL experience plus his 1 year of college he would be considered a "2nd Year" QB in this league, realistically.

29-21 Record with the Bears, 64% completion percentage, 64 TD's Passing & 8 TD's Rushing vs 37 INT's w/13 Fumbles Lost. He can escape the pocket and he can use his legs as a weapon from time to time. Throws a good deep ball and has touch when needed.

Behind our line, with a good running game to lean on, play action available and throwing to what I would consider to be a better overall set of pass catchers he could take that jump to the next level - as a poor mans Mahomes/Rogers.

Sign him to a 4 year deal, save our draft capital and draft a stud LT, a move TE who is also the best inline blocker coming out this year (Tommy Tremble) and a stud WR that can take the top off of a defense in the mid rounds (Jaelen Darden, Tamorrian Terry, Marqueze Stevenson) and continue to build the defense into a monster!

Again, not popular, but it's worth a conversation I would think!?

Without being long winded in my reaponse. No freaking  way. He sucks.

On 2/15/2021 at 8:56 PM, CR91 said:

Sure, but what are you telling Brissett exactly when he was a year removed from starting to take a backseat for an almost 40 year old QB

They will tell him how much $$$ they are giving him and he will smile all the way to the bank....  no where else will he even be able to come close to equaling the amount he's already received from the colts and if they decide to bring him back. And I sure hope they don't do that.

On 2/19/2021 at 4:16 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

They will tell him how much $$$ they are giving him and he will smile all the way to the bank....  no where else will he even be able to come close to equaling the amount he's already received from the colts and if they decide to bring him back. And I sure hope they don't do that.

I hope Jacoby has some of his 2020 $15m in crypto, and will know when to bail out!

Back on topic, it does make Trubisky at $8m look 'reasonable'.

It isn't obvious to me that Dak, with a broken leg, is worth 5 times as much.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I could now see Trubisky in Washington if they don’t trade up for a QB.

Yes, or maybe the Steelers, who'd then have 2 young QBs, 1 with behavioral problems, and 1 without.

Or the Broncos could have 24 and 26 year olds competing.

Drew Lock seems very confident, which could have an effect on Trubisky.

Archived