Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Walker

Patrick Miller

37 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think he’s a little overrated here and Walker is a little under rated here but I wouldn’t call either a jag.

At this point for Booby O, I would simply because I can't tell when he is playing and when he isn't. He doesn't jump off the screen and doesn't make plays. We need to add more speed there to go with the Maniac. I would keep Walker as depth though, but it seems like he wants to be the guy

6 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

At this point for Booby O, I would simply because I can't tell when he is playing and when he isn't. He doesn't jump off the screen and doesn't make plays. We need to add more speed there to go with the Maniac. I would keep Walker as depth though, but it seems like he wants to be the guy

He’s no where near Leonard’s level but he’s a solid player.  Not everyone can be a super star.  

I think we're starting to get spoiled by a good GM and think we need 53 stars... Does not work that way.

I like AWalk a lot, but I think he's going to get a good market.

Oke had a bad year, but still better than the last decade of LBs we used to have.

I hope we keep than all and try a late round for back up, but I sure hope we do not waste Cap or draft cap on a LB, not a big issue right now (QB, LT, CB, DE, WR, back up OL all come first)

23 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think you're overly harsh to be honest. Is he a god, nope. Is he good, yes. The overall health of the roster is so much better than the Grigson years, and it isn't even close. And FA adds are a huge part of the job of a GM, and he's done pretty well in that area. He's also done better than average drafting too. All GMs have good and bad picks. Ballard's bad picks aren't near as bad as most GMs. He's also had some bad injury luck.

I don't like all the worship nonsense from some on the board, nor do I like the folks that freak out any time there is criticism, but anyone that thinks Ballard is a bad GM simply has zero clue of the comps out there. 

I dont think he is bad. I am just not ready to put him up there with the elite gms. The next 2 years will say a lot where this team is headed

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I dont think he is bad. I am just not ready to put him up there with the elite gms. The next 2 years will say a lot where this team is headed

To me, folks cheapen the "elite" label way tooooooo much. 

I won't even begin to say a GM is elite, until he's taken a team at minimum to the conference championship game. We ain't there yet, although I do believe we were one boneheaded loss (game 1 vs Jax) to having a much easier path (we would have been 4th) in the playoffs. And I'd go as far to say a second bonehead loss/collapse to Pitt was also totally avoidable, and would have given us the #2 spot and homefield until the CC.

So is he elite, nope, not yet... but he is knocking on the door and climbing the stairs. And it's been a climb with some decent challenges. All GMs have challenges to overcome, but Ballard has done better than most dealing with them. Aside from QB right now, which is a huge challenge, I think his biggest unspoken challenge is how to improve coaching decisions and avoid things like Jax and Pitt in the future.

Archived