Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts/Bills 1pm Saturday Remaining 1st round schedule/Pre game Discussion thread (Merge)

w87r

11 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If Colts win opening toss do you think they kick or receive 

There's clearly advantages and disadvantages of doing both. 

I think they should kick personally and hope Allen doesn't score first drive. 

if he does Colts might be playing catch up whole time 

If Diggs and/or Beasley are out or hobbled, you definitely kick. If not, I'm OK with either. At heart, I always prefer kicking though.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

If Diggs and/or Beasley are out or hobbled, you definitely kick. If not, I'm OK with either. At heart, I always prefer kicking though.

Kicking is my 1st option regardless. It will be important though to set the tone early on D and let them know Colts mean business. 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I don't trust the O enough to score first if they receive. Its even worse if Colts receive then do nothing then Bills march down field to score. 

Reich is decent in scripted drives. Their D is good, not great, so not really afraid.... I'm just a kick first guy.

My biggest fear though is playing soft zone. This is the game where bending can break a lot if we go soft. Allen is a great deep ball guy, but he's also #2 in danger throws, and #8 in INTable passes. Can't take advantage of that if you're playing charmin soft.

I am ok with us being rated 7th in the AFC, the AFC is deep this year and every team that is in won at least 11 games. In reality IMO when it comes to teams 2-7 it is a crapshoot though. Every game is 50/50 and any team can beat any team. Depends on who executes and makes less mistakes. Only KC is on that next level in the AFC.

I definitely think we can beat Buffalo and pick us to do so. The playoffs are a whole different animal and Rivers has been in many and so has guys like Houston and Buckner was just in a SB. We will see how Allen plays now that all the best teams are in it.

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

As per keefer on Twitter The colts haven’t been in the east since 2002 Yet they were afce champs more recently than the bills before this year. Colts in 99. Bills in 95.  That’s crazy. 

Thanks for that, I enjoyed learning that.

I honestly miss the East days, still bothers me we basically went to an expansion division (rivalry wise).

The fan in me is mildly happy for their fans though honestly. We complain here, but if you're recent past consists of Trent Edwards, EJ Manuel, JP Losman, Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman, Kyle Orton and some other terrible QBs, that's TRUE struggling.. Lol

Archived