Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts/Bills 1pm Saturday Remaining 1st round schedule/Pre game Discussion thread (Merge)

w87r

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Colts losses for 2020 average by 12.66 points per game  while the Bills wins are by 12.30 points per game. Note: The Bills beat the Jets by  8.

Bills and jets are division  foes like us and jags so that game means nothing. 

The Bills are playing amazing football. 

BUT, they had one of the easiest schedules in the league as their division is horrible. 

Their wins:

Jets, Jets, Miami, Miami, NE, NE, Denver, La Chargers, SF, Oakland, Steelers, Seahawks, and Rams(should of lost).

We can win if we can limit Josh Allen.

I have read a lot of Colts fans doubting the Colts chances this weekend and it's baffling to me. 

Yes, the Bills are on a hot streak. and a very good football team. But why do so many Colts fans automatically assume the Colts will lose to the Bills? Could the Colts lose? Of course. That can happen to any team. However, I ask people to look at the quality of teams the Bills have recently been blowing out (last 3 games). 

The Broncos.... 

The Patriots....

The Dolphins (with Tua)....

The Bills barely beat the Jets both times. We blew them out. Of course this means nothing in how the Colts and Bills matchup against each other. I think we matchup quite well though. 

Just look at the last 6 games for the Bills.... Only 1 playoff team. We owned the Steelers for a half, but couldn't finish. 

Chargers

49ers

Steelers

Broncos

Patriots

Dolphins

I think it is important for the Colts to control the clock and limit the amount of opportunities for the Bills. Only use no huddle on a few drives to disrupt the Bills timing. Ideally we want to control the clock. Limit the Bills drive count. The more drives they get, the better feel they will get for our defense. 

If we run the ball and control the flow of the game then we can win this game. Get Taylor going and the Bills will have their hands full. Not many backs have done what Taylor and Hines have over the last half of the season. 

We also cannot get too cute (Reich has to run the ball). We don't need to throw deep shots if we get up by a couple of scores. We can't be scared to run the ball when the Bills stack the box and we need to use our RBs in the passing game to make the Bills pay for blitzing us. 

Josh Allen has been sacked 26 times this season. We can get to him. The Colts have only struggled to get a pass rush when sending 4 against excellent offensive lines. I do not believe the Bills have a great offensive line. Use timely blitzes... Don't go crazy blitzing Allen like we did Watson in the first Houston game. If we rough Allen up a bit then he will probably make some bad decisions that could lead to us having the ball more. 

By no means am I saying we should get obnoxious and assume that we are going to win. However, if we play Colts football then we will win this game.

13 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I have read a lot of Colts fans doubting the Colts chances this weekend and it's baffling to me. 

Yes, the Bills are on a hot streak. and a very good football team. But why do so many Colts fans automatically assume the Colts will lose to the Bills? Could the Colts lose? Of course. That can happen to any team. However, I ask people to look at the quality of teams the Bills have recently been blowing out (last 3 games). 

The Broncos.... 

The Patriots....

The Bills barely beat the Jets both times. We blew them out. Of course this means nothing in how the Colts and Bills matchup against each other. I think we matchup quite well though. 

Just look at the last 6 games for the Bills.... Only 1 playoff team. We owned the Steelers for a half, but couldn't finish. 

Chargers

49ers

Steelers

Broncos

Patriots

Dolphins

I think it is important for the Colts to control the clock and limit the amount of opportunities for the Bills. Only use no huddle on a few drives to disrupt the Bills timing. Ideally we want to control the clock. Limit the Bills drive count. The more drives they get, the better feel they will get for our defense. 

If we run the ball and control the flow of the game then we can win this game. Get Taylor going and the Bills will have their hands full. Not many backs have done what Taylor and Hines have over the last half of the season. 

We also cannot get too cute (Reich has to run the ball). We don't need to throw deep shots if we get up by a couple of scores. We can't be scared to run the ball when the Bills stack the box and we need to use our RBs in the passing game to make the Bills pay for blitzing us. 

Josh Allen has been sacked 26 times this season. We can get to him. The Colts have only struggled to get a pass rush when sending 4 against excellent offensive lines. I do not believe the Bills have a great offensive line. Use timely blitzes... Don't go crazy blitzing Allen like we did Watson in the first Houston game. If we rough Allen up a bit then he will probably make some bad decisions that could lead to us having the ball more. 

By no means am I saying we should get obnoxious and assume that we are going to win. However, if we play Colts football then we will win this game.

Idk when I watched the bills Allen had all day to throw so their offensive line  is great.

Appreciate the well thought out post, but I am merging into main discussion thread.

If not we will end up having a whole front page of Bills/Colts topics. 

I agree the Bills are beatable and Saturday can't get here quick enough.

7 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

I guess I dont understand why everyone is acting like the Bills are unstoppable and the Colts are terrible. I get that Josh Allen is great this year but (as we should all know) teams are more than just QBs.

Colts have 5 loses: Jags (season over), Titans (playoffs), Browns (playoffs), Steelers (playoffs) and Ravens (playoffs). Even if you think the Colts suck they've only lost to good teams (minus Jags week 1). Heck 6 of the teams left in the league the Colts either beat or hung with. 

The Bills have played vs 3 top 10 offenses this year and they lost to 2 of them (Titans & Chiefs). The Colts are #9.

Also worth noting the Colts have beaten 3 top 10 offenses (Packers #1, Titans #4 and Raiders #10).

The Colts defense is also ranked higher.

I just dont see the Bills rolling the Colts. 

Also, the Colts have won 3 games vs QB's rated higher than Allen (Rodgers, Watson x2)

Its more about the colts then the bills .  The offense enters phases in games where they struggle to score .  the steelers game after the first drive of the second half they fell apart .  When one team is getting hot and destroying teams and the other is struggling to play 4 quarters that is the issue .   If the colts defense played like the first month of the season all year and the offense played like the 6 game stretch when rivers light teams up then yes people would have more faith .  The colts during the regular season failed to keep climbing and getting better and stayed hot and cold while the bills keep getting better .

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Its more about the colts then the bills .  The offense enters phases in games where they struggle to score .  the steelers game after the first drive of the second half they fell apart .  When one team is getting hot and destroying teams and the other is struggling to play 4 quarters that is the issue .   If the colts defense played like the first month of the season all year and the offense played like the 6 game stretch when rivers light teams up then yes people would have more faith .  The colts during the regular season failed to keep climbing and getting better and stayed hot and cold while the bills keep getting better .

I agree colts are inconsistent.  They could be up 28 to 7 at the half and lose 31 to 28 or they could be down 35 to 14 at the half and win 38 to 35. They rarely play both halfs 

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I agree colts are inconsistent.  They could be up 28 to 7 at the half and lose 31 to 28 or they could be down 35 to 14 at the half and win 38 to 35. They rarely play both halfs 

1 common theme though, we are usually in pretty much every game we play.

Second Tennessee game wwe was missing Buckner and a few others, Browns game we were missing Leonard. Everthing else has been pretty tight.

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich mentioned some silly nonsense when asked about those Jacoby snaps. Something about running box. Maybe making it easier to run. It was a bunch of nonsense if you ask me.

Like you and 8818 said, Frank got way too cute there.

Frank killed the drive there. He leaves jacoby in to hand off on 3rd and 5 ?

Makes no sense. On 3rd and 5 have Rivers try to throw for the 1st down.

If I recall correctly we had to punt there

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

I checked on the Bills forums earlier today.  Most are looking ahead of the Colts.  I hope the Bills do the same, because if they do, and we show up, they are in for a rude awakening.

You can count on the Bills coaches and players are not taking the Colts lightly.

Forum fans are fickle as this forum is proof. 

If I’m the Bills I’m loading the box and blitzing often to make Rivers uncomfortable on defense. On offense I’m running screen passes, swings, and outside runs to set up the big play downfield to Diggs. 

if I’m the Colts, I play them like we do Watson and the Texans on defense. Corner / safety blitz, fire zone blitz,  and cover 2 zone (Tampa 2). Don’t man up on Diggs unless we are doubling him. On offense, i try to break tendencies. Everyone expects the Colts to try and leverage their new found running game. Come out pass heavy. Sprinkle in some runs after we get some rhythm. 

Hopefully we see more brilliant play calls vs. head scratching ones. If we play with a chip on our shoulder and make plays, we could win this game. I don’t think that is the scenario we’ll see though. The Bills have been excellent on offense 

11 hours ago, sonyab1974 said:

Hi everyone!!!! :) I'm a Bills fan, and I wanted to say congratulations on beating the Jaguars last night!!! :) And good luck on Saturday with the Bills!!! :) I can't wait for Saturday.. How exciting!! :)

Welcome! No crazy buffalo weather please haha

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

The Broncos.... 

The Patriots....

Chargers

49ers

Steelers

Broncos

Patriots

Dolphins

Yup! And ive made the same observation about our pass rush the whole season. The only time they struggle is against an elite OL. Beside that they pressure just fine. I dont think the Bills OL is elite either. We will pressure them.

1 hour ago, Dasteez said:

If I’m the Bills I’m loading the box and blitzing often to make Rivers uncomfortable on defense. On offense I’m running screen passes, swings, and outside runs to set up the big play downfield to Diggs. 

if I’m the Colts, I play them like we do Watson and the Texans on defense. Corner / safety blitz, fire zone blitz,  and cover 2 zone (Tampa 2). Don’t man up on Diggs unless we are doubling him. On offense, i try to break tendencies. Everyone expects the Colts to try and leverage their new found running game. Come out pass heavy. Sprinkle in some runs after we get some rhythm. 

Hopefully we see more brilliant play calls vs. head scratching ones. If we play with a chip on our shoulder and make plays, we could win this game. I don’t think that is the scenario we’ll see though. The Bills have been excellent on offense 

How many times have you seen Rivers sacked on blitz? He usually makes a quick read and burns them the majority of the time.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

Appreciate the well thought out post, but I am merging into main discussion thread.

If not we will end up having a whole front page of Bills/Colts topics. 

I agree the Bills are beatable and Saturday can't get here quick enough.

Honestly, what is wrong with an entire front page of nothing but topics relating to an upcoming playoff game?  Are there really any more worthy topics that will demand the space?  If there are, won't the interest they would generate by default keep them front and center?  Just wondering out loud, this board is great, but sometimes a bit too rigid....

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Did you really watch that many Bills games?

More film than games. Allen  will run right and throw all the way cross the field to the left. He loves running  with football as well. A more accurate  version  of lamar Jackson.  His weakness  is over confidence in his  arm.

The Bills are the team I was the most afraid to face in the playoffs, but well, now we have to.

I'm confident the Colts can keep up with them, granted, they play 4 quarters of football and not the % we're used to seeing with only playing 1 half of good football. The one thing I don't want it to end up being is a shootout vs. Josh Allen, Rivers is not outslinging him lol. Gotta RTDB and play smart in the passing game.

The defense worries me too, moreso in our secondary, and we need to create pressure on Allen too. 

6 hours ago, Dasteez said:

I agree they will be ready for the run. Some good pass concepts out of run formations that stretch the field sideline to sideline could catch them off gaurd and open up the run lanes. Frank's gotta find a way keep them on their toes without forcing Rivers to take too many risky deep shots. If a guy is wide open go for it, but Phil scares me throwing past twenty yards when theres coverage. I feel screens and dumps can be our friends, we need the line and our receivers to put on a blocking clinic. I wish we had a splitback formation with Taylor and Hines on the field together, we could do anything we wanted with that(Pass/Run/Misdirection). Then on D we need to contain Allen in the pocket and bring some good blitzes and make him uncomfortable all day. We did it to Mahomes so we can do it to Allen.

10 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Like you and 8818 said, Frank got way too cute there.

Frank killed the drive there. He leaves jacoby in to hand off on 3rd and 5 ?

Makes no sense. On 3rd and 5 have Rivers try to throw for the 1st down.

If I recall correctly we had to punt there

I could understand if jacoby was very fast and athletic.   The problem is Jacob is slow so running the option with him makes zero sense . I rather see Hines in the wildcat with Taylor behind him or trey running the philly special.

12 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I checked on the Bills forums earlier today.  Most are looking ahead of the Colts.  I hope the Bills do the same, because if they do, and we show up, they are in for a rude awakening.

They said should destroy us because rivers is a statue and our secondary  sucks

3 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I agree they will be ready for the run. Some good pass concepts out of run formations that stretch the field sideline to sideline could catch them off gaurd and open up the run lanes. Frank's gotta find a way keep them on their toes without forcing Rivers to take too many risky deep shots. If a guy is wide open go for it, but Phil scares me throwing past twenty yards when theres coverage. I feel screens and dumps can be our friends, we need the line and our receivers to put on a blocking clinic. I wish we had a splitback formation with Taylor and Hines on the field together, we could do anything we wanted with that(Pass/Run/Misdirection). Then on D we need to contain Allen in the pocket and bring some good blitzes and make him uncomfortable all day. We did it to Mahomes so we can do it to Allen.

Allen  likes to run more than mahomes

Archived