Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts/Bills 1pm Saturday Remaining 1st round schedule/Pre game Discussion thread (Merge)

w87r

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, w87r said:

I mean even of a Colts fan doesn't think they will win. What kind of a week is it to just anticipate a loss? 

Have hope until hope is gone.

I anticipated the loss to the Ravens and the Steelers but I always look and hope to be proven wrong... because I think the Colts have what it takes, we are just our own worst enemy sometimes - which does stop me from automatically predicting a win each week. I find @2006Coltsbestever’s public declarations quite entertaining however LOL 

Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

I anticipated the loss to the Ravens and the Steelers but I always look and hope to be proven wrong... because I think the Colts have what it takes, we are just our own worst enemy sometimes - which does stop me from automatically predicting a win each week. I find @2006Coltsbestever’s public declarations quite entertaining however LOL 

I try to stay away from predictions. I just move ahead with the thought I think we can win any given game and go from there.

1 minute ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Us vs Chiefs for the title  happy homer simpson GIF- you know what sounds good right now is a freakin McRib from McDonalds.

53 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I figured they would get a crappy spot. Out of all the AFC games this is the one game that could be a blowout.

Anytime you have a team that can run the ball and shutdown the run like us, the games will be close.

If we lose it will be by 3-7 points so no blowout here.

But make no mistake, we are very capable of winning this game !

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

First game of the playoffs.

Let's shock the world!

:coltslogo:

I really think we have a good shot at them.  I always am of the feeling / opinion we have to be careful what we wish for.  Raven's could have continued on their roll thru Indy, Jackson is a tough stop....not that Allen isn't but sometimes you have to take a brutal road and I just wouldn't count Colts out & agree that "shock" is a good word to use.  Saw many post day run-downs today highlighting the Titans (Henry), Browns, and other games.   Let's just avoid all the hype and run under the radar.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

well I mean the Colts lost to the Jags and beat the Packers this year.  One week doesn’t really translate to how another will go.  Not that I expect the Colts to blow out the Bills.  

One week?

How about 16 weeks?    Even when we beat good teams like the Green Bay or Tennessee, we don’t blow them out.    We’re not really built to blow anyone out...    I’m just glad we’ve won enough to keep playing...   

Hello friends, I am a bills fan who likes to visit the forums of their opponents for the week to learn and talk about things. 

I think this is going to be a fun game - the first playoff game between these two teams in NFL history! 

On the surface, you guys seem to match up pretty well with what we've had problems with throughout the season - you play sound, tough defense, and run the ball well behind an excellent offensive line. The Bills' run defense through the first half of the season/10 games or so was definitely their weakness. 

I don't really understand what has gotten into my team since Hail Murray. In the six games since, they've won by 10, 10, 11, 29, 29, and then 30, in that order, and have looked elite in all 3 phases. It is hard to describe to you how uncharted this territory is for me. I am 25, and started watching in 2005, and the previous best season I've ever seen was last year's 10-6 season against the cakiest cake schedule of cakiest cake QBs you've ever seen, with a wild card loss in which we scored 19 points in about 70 minutes of football. The best season before that? a 9-7 season in which our point differential was about -100, and in which we lost in the playoffs 10-3. Before that? 9-7 with Doug Marrone and Kyle Orton, missing the playoffs with a week 16 loss to a 2-12 Raiders team. That is the extent of the winning football I had witnessed from 2005 to now. So this has been otherworldly. 

Naturally, I assume things will come crashing down any second, and am just praying each night that Josh doesn't contract covid or something. He's been a lot of fun to watch, to say the least. 

But none of that matters, because this is the playoffs, and we are all 0-0, and one bad day from going home. You guys definitely have a shot, and probably a better one than most of you think, as your coach is impressive and will know how to find our weak points. We play a softer zone defense most of the time, and rely on exotic presnap looks to fool QBs, but that really only works for youngsters, and Rivers should have no trouble diagnosing our D. If you guys stay disciplined and take what is given on offense, you'll be able to march, eat clock, and score points. Not much has stopped our offense recently, but you have the players that have the potential to make Josh hesitant, which is usually enough to get us off the field with regularity. (Do you guys play base zone or man? He really struggled vs the zone earlier this season, torching man every time we see it. But he's figured out zone defense in recent weeks too) That being said, each of the last few times we've struggled to move the ball early (vs Pittsburgh, NE, and MIA today) we've made adjustments and ripped through teams the rest of the game, so your coaches will have to stay sharp. 

I'm definitely the most worried about your MLB and Taylor. I'm also worried about our lack of rest, this will be our third game in just 13 days (two straight weeks of six days between games). Most smart bills fans are not taking the Colts lightly, and expect a tough grinding game (too soon to know about weather). 

FWIW, our running game will probably play next to no factor in Saturday's game. We simply don't use it haha. Against Seattle, we went up 24-7 in the first half running just 4 times in something like our first 35 plays. In the last 3-4 games, we didn't use it at all until the game was over. It's mediocre, but Allen is something like 7-0 vs top 10 defenses (not sure if this stat was by points or yards, or if it still holds, or if it's top 10 at time of game) so they just let him throw all over the place. Our WR depth is spooky, Beasley might not play but with Diggs, healthy John Brown, rookie Gabe Davis (7 TD catches, capable of tough, contested catches), and Isaiah McKenzie (gadget guy who has a few receiving TDs and finds himself open for 2-3 clutch plays per game), Allen has had it easy all year. 

Praying for a COVID-and-injury-free week for both teams, and a heckuva good game on Saturday! 

6 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

Hello friends, I am a bills fan who likes to visit the forums of their opponents for the week to learn and talk about things. 

I think this is going to be a fun game - the first playoff game between these two teams in NFL history! 

On the surface, you guys seem to match up pretty well with what we've had problems with throughout the season - you play sound, tough defense, and run the ball well behind an excellent offensive line. The Bills' run defense through the first half of the season/10 games or so was definitely their weakness. 

I don't really understand what has gotten into my team since Hail Murray. In the six games since, they've won by 10, 10, 11, 29, 29, and then 30, in that order, and have looked elite in all 3 phases. It is hard to describe to you how uncharted this territory is for me. I am 25, and started watching in 2005, and the previous best season I've ever seen was last year's 10-6 season against the cakiest cake schedule of cakiest cake QBs you've ever seen, with a wild card loss in which we scored 19 points in about 70 minutes of football. The best season before that? a 9-7 season in which our point differential was about -100, and in which we lost in the playoffs 10-3. Before that? 9-7 with Doug Marrone and Kyle Orton, missing the playoffs with a week 16 loss to a 2-12 Raiders team. That is the extent of the winning football I had witnessed from 2005 to now. So this has been otherworldly. 

Naturally, I assume things will come crashing down any second, and am just praying each night that Josh doesn't contract covid or something. He's been a lot of fun to watch, to say the least. 

But none of that matters, because this is the playoffs, and we are all 0-0, and one bad day from going home. You guys definitely have a shot, and probably a better one than most of you think, as your coach is impressive and will know how to find our weak points. We play a softer zone defense most of the time, and rely on exotic presnap looks to fool QBs, but that really only works for youngsters, and Rivers should have no trouble diagnosing our D. If you guys stay disciplined and take what is given on offense, you'll be able to march, eat clock, and score points. Not much has stopped our offense recently, but you have the players that have the potential to make Josh hesitant, which is usually enough to get us off the field with regularity. (Do you guys play base zone or man? He really struggled vs the zone earlier this season, torching man every time we see it. But he's figured out zone defense in recent weeks too) That being said, each of the last few times we've struggled to move the ball early (vs Pittsburgh, NE, and MIA today) we've made adjustments and ripped through teams the rest of the game, so your coaches will have to stay sharp. 

I'm definitely the most worried about your MLB and Taylor. I'm also worried about our lack of rest, this will be our third game in just 13 days (two straight weeks of six days between games). Most smart fans are not taking the Colts likely, and expect a tough grinding game (too soon to know about weather). 

FWIW, our running game will probably play next to no factor in Saturday's game. We simply don't use it haha. Against Seattle, we went up 24-7 in the first half running just 4 times in something like our first 35 games. In the last 3-4 games, we didn't use it at all until the game was over. It's mediocre, but Allen is something like 7-0 vs top 10 defenses (not sure if this stat was by points or yards, or if it still holds, or if it's top 10 at time of game) so they just let him throw all over the place. Our WR depth is spooky, Beasley might not play but with Diggs, healthy John Brown, rookie Gabe Davis (7 TD catches, capable of tough, contested catches), and Isaiah McKenzie (gadget guy who has a few receiving TDs and finds himself open for 2-3 clutch plays per game), Allen has had it easy all year. 

Praying for a COVID-and-injury-free week for both teams, and a heckuva good game on Saturday! 

Thanks for the post. Welcome to the forum

Should be a good game. Will be a nice reward after a full week back to work, with last 2 being short weeks.

I definitely like our offenses chance against your Defense, but am extremely worried about your offense. We run a lot of soft zone.

Key will be to chew up clock and keep Allen on the sideline.

Good luck.

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

One week?

How about 16 weeks?    Even when we beat good teams like the Green Bay or Tennessee, we don’t blow them out.    We’re not really built to blow anyone out...    I’m just glad we’ve won enough to keep playing...   

the Colts blew out the Lions, Raiders, and Titans on the road by NFL standards.  They also blew out the Jets at home.  My point is you can’t say just because they played a close game vs one team one week that they won’t win by a lot the following week.  That kind of thing happens all the time in the NFL.  Again I am not saying they will or I expect that they will.  I am just saying just because they didn’t blow out the Jags doesn’t mean they can’t blow someone else out.  

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

This has no validity. There are compounding variables here. Total attempts is not taken into account, a lot of running usually takes place in snow, or winter games. Glad I took Stats, helps me identify bad numbers like this. Numbers definitely lie when looking at thing so narrowly. 

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If you have seen any bills games this you'll notice  how Allen has all day to throw. Hopefully  our dline can get some pressure  on him.

You are saying they have OL advantage over our DL? Where do they stack up statistcally? 

He started off really slow against the Dolphins going 3 and out 3 times in a row. Dolphins couldn’t capitalize. Once Allen found his footing it was over.

If something similar happens the Colts need to capitalize on his slow starts. Hopefully we do timely blitzes and throw his timing off. If they just rush 4 mainly D will have a long day.

1 hour ago, bills_fan said:

I'm definitely the most worried about your MLB and Taylor. I'm also worried about our lack of rest, this will be our third game in just 13 days (two straight weeks of six days between games). Most smart bills fans are not taking the Colts lightly, and expect a tough grinding game (too soon to know about weather). 

FWIW, our running game will probably play next to no factor in Saturday's game. We simply don't use it haha. Against Seattle, we went up 24-7 in the first half running just 4 times in something like our first 35 plays. In the last 3-4 games, we didn't use it at all until the game was over. It's mediocre, but Allen is something like 7-0 vs top 10 defenses (not sure if this stat was by points or yards, or if it still holds, or if it's top 10 at time of game) so they just let him throw all over the place. Our WR depth is spooky, Beasley might not play but with Diggs, healthy John Brown, rookie Gabe Davis (7 TD catches, capable of tough, contested catches), and Isaiah McKenzie (gadget guy who has a few receiving TDs and finds himself open for 2-3 clutch plays per game), Allen has had it easy all year. 

Your oline play is on point recently 

Archived