Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Draft QB's

Was watching Matt Millers youtube video this morning about the status of the QB crop this year, actually seems very deep. He has 6 first round grades on QB's. They are Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson, Trask and Jones. 

I feel like this is the year we could have one or two in our range in the late teens or mid 20s. With the ability to trade up if need be. That being said, who would you prefer?

IMO, I'd rank them:

Lawrence

Fields

Wilson

Lance

Trask

Jones

Think we'd have to move up to get the top 4, but Trask and Jones could still be there. I'd prefer Trask personally. What do you think?

17 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Trask reminds me too much of Mitch Trubisky. Good college QB but doesn’t have any elite traits to survive in the NFL. I’d rather wait and draft Jamie Newman. He’s raw but he has elite athleticism.

Good call, I liked him alot last year. Completely forgot about him tbh. 

5 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I have actually said that I prefer Jamie Newman over the over QBs.  Lets be specific, of the QBs that we could realistically draft.  I truly believe that we could snag him in the second round or third round.  I am just not on the team of trade up in the draft.

I like his upside of the supposed 4th and 5th QBs of Trask and Jones. If we take a QB let him and Eason Duke it out.

On 11/10/2020 at 1:04 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Trask reminds me too much of Mitch Trubisky. Good college QB but doesn’t have any elite traits to survive in the NFL. I’d rather wait and draft Jamie Newman. He’s raw but he has elite athleticism.

Have you seen him play? Was 23/29 for 356 yds and 6 tds tonite. Commentator says he reads defense as well as any college QB he has seen in a while. I was very much impressed.

I think all 6 of these guys go in the 1st. If we find the one we prefer over others then we’ll have to trade up to the mid teens to ensure we get him. Deep QB class but tons of teams need QBs. I think it will be between Trask and Wilson for us. Lawrence, fields, and lance will all go top 10. If Wilson kills it against a tough opponent in his bowl game then he might even go top 10. Trask and Jones will be more in our range, and I’d prefer Trask out of the two.

11 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Have you seen him play? Was 23/29 for 356 yds and 6 tds tonite. Commentator says he reads defense as well as any college QB he has seen in a while. I was very much impressed.

Yeah but what is the elite trait that jumps out? I’m talking about arm strength, athleticism, ball placement, play making ability, poise, etc...

If you look at the top 3 QBs, they all have 2 or more of those traits. Trask has had some nice numbers but he doesn’t jump off the tape for me.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah but what is the elite trait that jumps out? I’m talking about arm strength, athleticism, ball placement, play making ability, poise, etc...

If you look at the top 3 QBs, they all have 2 or more of those traits. Trask has had some nice numbers but he doesn’t jump off the tape for me.

Not saying he is the #1 QB but feel he may be in reach for the Colts. I think his ball placement and playmaking ability is very good and his ability to read defenses pre snap and post snap is elite. Just my opinion from seeing limited time watching him play .

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Not saying he is the #1 QB but feel he may be in reach for the Colts. I think his ball placement and playmaking ability is very good and his ability to read defenses pre snap and post snap is elite. Just my opinion from seeing limited time watching him play .

While this is very true. It's also true that some guys who don't have an "elite" trait, get over looked in the draft, even though every trait is above average.

You're very right though about him not having an elite trait. I think the pro day and combine will be huge for Trask.

Archived