Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First Sunday Night Game Will Be Broncos Vs Steelers Or Pats

chad72

You know darn well whichever team it is, their ratings will be off the chart!!!!!! EVERYONE tuning in to see more than just Faith Hill

I never tune in for Faith Hill. My mute button gets appreciated every Sunday night because of her cackling refrain.

You'd have to expect the NFL to place the Manning/Brady matchup back in November again. The ratings have historically been off the charts. If their motivation is to open with a big game, they don't need to bother. People will tune in to watch the Broncos play pretty much anyone in Peyton's first game back. And personally I'd prefer that he get a softer opponent to "warm up against". The first games of the season were never his best even when coming off a normal off-season.

You'd have to expect the NFL to place the Manning/Brady matchup back in November again. The ratings have historically been off the charts. If their motivation is to open with a big game, they don't need to bother. People will tune in to watch the Broncos play pretty much anyone in Peyton's first game back. And personally I'd prefer that he get a softer opponent to "warm up against". The first games of the season were never his best even when coming off a normal off-season.

That 2007 Saints 41-10 thrashing ranks among some good ones, IMO. That 24-7 beating of the Ravens on the road in 2005 ranks as a good one too, against a good D.

That 2007 Saints 41-10 thrashing ranks among some good ones, IMO. That 24-7 beating of the Ravens on the road in 2005 ranks as a good one too, against a good D.

True. I didn't go back and look at any specifics. Considering how many times they started out 8-0 or better, it's hard to critical. I'm simply referring to my recollection of often thinking "the offensive doesn't look like they are firing on all cylinders" in early season games.

I wonder if Peyton will play more in preseason than he has in the past.

I wonder if Peyton will play more in preseason than he has in the past.

I wondered that too. Brady did so after his season ending injury in 2008, when he came back for the 2009 season. It might be along those lines. Game 4 might still be one series but games 1 through 3 might be different.