Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mailbag Time: What questions do you have heading into Browns Week?

AWalkerColts

Coach Nick Sirianni says he is pleased with the run blocking this season and points to 4-minute offense, kneel downs as reasons why the Colts rank last in the NFL in rushing yards per carry. I am not following his logic on that, can you please explain?

EDIT: nevermind, you answered it 33 minutes ago in this post:

https://www.colts.com/news/jonathan-taylor-nick-sirianni-cleveland-browns-2020-week-5

Thanks!

I listened to the Bears game on radio, and Venturi must have said about 2 dozen times that the receivers were getting zero separation throughout the game. When I watched it later, although you see very little of the downfield battles prior to the pass being thrown on TV broadcasts, what you could see allowed me to understand what Venturi meant. Which leads to a two-fold question.

1. Is one of the primary reasons we continue to see stacked boxes to stop the Colts run game, despite their dead last in the league ypc average, because the Colts receivers right now can be pretty easily covered with minimal defenders assigned to them?

2. Assuming there is some truth to question 1, are there any specific changes being considered to fix it?

Also, what's the latest on Turay? Ha ha, just kidding Andrew. And thanks again for doing this for us.

Do you expect a different outcome on D this week now that the Colts are playing a top tier O with a very good OL and are we using that knowledge to mix things up?

Do you think the Colts will be buyers come trade deadline? The one big weakness with the injuries we have is WR and  a top guy like Julio Jones would do wonders for Colts O.

The emergence of Blackmon has really surprised me. Do you expect him to have a bigger role as the season progresses?

1 hour ago, AWalkerColts said:

The Colts take on the Browns this Sunday in Cleveland in what should be an intriguing matchup of a high-powered offense vs. the league's top-ranked defense.

What questions do you have this week for the Colts Mailbag? Send 'em on in here.

What is going on with TY Hilton?

Archived