Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Several NFL coaches want 12 game season

danlhart87

Are they talking about hotels in each teams city?  That could probably work. I don’t think that is needed right now. TN has been the only team to have a huge outbreak.only one game has been cancelled this weekend. Monday the chiefs play. Titans may be facing a fine because they did not follow protocols. The nfl will adjust as the season goes on. Vikings weren’t even effected despite playing the titans. No positive tests this morning in the league.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Are they talking about hotels in each teams city?  That could probably work. I don’t think that is needed right now. TN has been the only team to have a huge outbreak.

1 team will lead to multiple 

The time to act is right now not later 

This will also be used as a wake up call to teams and players. I think it will all work out. Games will be moved around ect as the season goes on. Just have to go with the flow. There should be no fundraisers ect. Players need to be kept away from people. Players still have eyes so a mask is not going to protect them if someone doesn’t have a mask on.  Players should not be around anyone but their teammates. Remember the falcons had a positive test and the game went on.

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well Vikings despite playing the titans had no positive tests and are playing so that is good news. We are going to find out I bet that the titans violated some protocols. 

Perhaps the Titans got infected after the Vikings game. Just a thought...

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If that is the case then all the testing Is working and the chances of teams spreading it while playing is slim. Enough testing is being done where nobody is playing while positive. 

That last sentence - you sure about that?

There is a hole in the nfl testing procedures in the incubation period of the virus. Someone exposed to the virus may not test positive for a few days. 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

I love it 

Either a pause will be needed or season will have to be cut way down 

You would be lying to yourself if you think NFL would go all the way to February without major outbreak 

5 games here in SW Indiana were postponed over the weekend and eliminated the possibility for the PAC to its 2 champions to play everyone else in its division 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If that is the case then all the testing Is working and the chances of teams spreading it while playing is slim. Enough testing is being done where nobody is playing while positive. 

What? If the Titans got infected AFTER the game, how would they spread it to the Vikings. Titans are spreading it to each other. Isn't that enough to be concerned? Maybe I just don't understand what you were trying to convey. (Btw, being concerned is not overreacting.)

"Nobody is playing while positive"? 

At first I thought you were saying that you don't think people are playing while positive. I tried to understand it in a different way. Maybe you mean that the NFL is testing so that players are not playing while positive? We don't know for sure that they are not positive but yes, the testing is done to keep those who are positive from playing and infecting other people.  

Just now, NFLfan said:

What? If the Titans got infected AFTER the game, how would they spread it to the Vikings. Titans are spreading it to each other. Isn't that enough? Maybe I just don't understand what you were trying to convey.

At first I thought you were saying that you don't think people are playing while positive. I tried to understand it in a different way. Maybe you mean that the NFL is testing so that players are not playing while positive? We don't know for sure that they are not positive but yes, the testing is done to keep those who are positive from playing and infecting other people.  

I think there is something going on in Nashville because at least one player from the MLS team in town tested positive 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I think there is something going on in Nashville because at least one player from the MLS team in town tested positive 

I saw a map showing that Tennessee is among the biggest hot spots for COVID-19 infections.

47 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What? If the Titans got infected AFTER the game, how would they spread it to the Vikings. Titans are spreading it to each other. Isn't that enough to be concerned? Maybe I just don't understand what you were trying to convey. (Btw, being concerned is not overreacting.)

Yes your last paragraph is what I meant. Enough testing seems to be being done players aren’t playing while positive.   The amount of testing that is being done should keep teams from spreading it to other teams.  

I don't think it's a bad idea but the NFL is too stubborn to do it.  I look at the NBA and NHL.  Those leagues had a pretty good go of it and did the whole quarantine thing.  Yes, it's a long time away from the family, but you're a HIGHLY compensated professional athlete.  You have to take that into consideration.  Plus it's not like it's 1980.  We have Facetime and Zoom and other ways to stay in touch.  If they needed to, they could take a break after the regular season, let people go home and see family and whatnot, then have the playoff teams quarantine for a couple more weeks and then start the playoffs.  Play the Superbowl near the end of February instead of the beginning.  Then you don't have to shift the Combine or FA or anything else.  What would that hurt?

I believe part of the problem with testing is there's a significant lag time between when the virus is contracted to when it actually shows up on a test.  This means guys will test negative for a period of time before their first positive, and by the time they test positive they have already spread it to others.  The only way to assure this doesn't happen is to quarantine those who are negative over at least a 2 week period and don't let them leave or contact anybody from the outside.  but again, I don't see the NFL doing this out of bravado.  I still am not sure this season finishes, but I hope I'm wrong.

21 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Perhaps the Titans got infected after the Vikings game. Just a thought...

Yeah, close proximity to such an infectious offense would do that. :) 

How are things in NY now? If the experience of an entire nation of a billion plus people in India tells me anything, there is only so much you can do shutting down as many people as you want because the cases will happen anyways, just have to be smart about it.  

Like I said, cancel the Pro Bowl, use that week as a buffer week before the SB. Too early to talk about 12 game season. 14 game season, maybe, if another 2 or 3 games get canceled. Otherwise, it will be like the San Antonio Spurs shortened season championship, with an asterisk to me. :) 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Like I said, cancel the Pro Bowl, use that week as a buffer week before the SB. Too early to talk about 12 game season. 14 game season, maybe, if another 2 or 3 games get canceled. Otherwise, it will be like the San Antonio Spurs shortened season championship, with an asterisk to me. :) 

Loved that Spurs 99 title!

That Sean Elliot 3 vs Portland is still one of my favorite all time sports moments 

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, close proximity to such an infectious offense would do that. :) 

How are things in NY now? If the experience of an entire nation of a billion plus people in India tells me anything, there is only so much you can do shutting down as many people as you want because the cases will happen anyways, just have to be smart about it.  

Thanks for asking. The positivity rate remains low but some places are seeing spikes, especially areas where residents were recently celebrating holidays (Rosh Hoshana and Yom Kippur). As people stay in and celebrate Thanksgiving and other holidays, I expect numbers to go up. Hopefully not by much. 

Archived