Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Threatens To Impact Draft Picks For Mask Violations

King Colt

41 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

:lol:

thumb-71-1024x537.jpg

It shouldn't be surprising that there was the issue with the Raiders players at the fundraiser without masks when their coach is acting like a child about wearing a mask on the sideline.

Aside from the 5 coaches that have already been fined, no other coaches have had a problem with following the mask rules. I think the possibility of suspension or loss of draft picks is exactly what's needed at this point. Don't want to follow the rules (whether you agree with them or not), you'll either be off the sideline or we'll hit your team where it hurts and take draft picks.

3-4 hours during a game, do what you want once you are off the field. My daughter goes into school wearing masks for 6-7 hours a day. But while she is in the car being dropped off or picked up, she doesn't. Around relatives visiting my home, I maintain the distance and don't wear masks unless there is a high risk group person there (who probably won't be out anyways), same with neighbors.

Rules are specified by companies like Costco, Walmart etc. and other workplaces. Whether the employees believe in it or not, those are the rules. Just adhere to it as long as you are in the workplace or premises, then do what you want.  Otherwise, you make it more complicated than it needs to be and bring more attention to it than your team and their performance, IMO. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

3-4 hours during a game, do what you want once you are off the field. My daughter goes into school wearing masks for 6-7 hours a day. But while she is in the car being dropped off or picked up, she doesn't. Around relatives visiting my home, I maintain the distance and don't wear masks unless there is a high risk group person there (who probably won't be out anyways), same with neighbors.

Rules are specified by companies like Costco, Walmart etc. and other workplaces. Whether the employees believe in it or not, those are the rules. Just adhere to it as long as you are in the workplace or premises, then do what you want.  Otherwise, you make it more complicated than it needs to be and bring more attention to it than your team and their performance, IMO. 

The Asians have been wearing protective mask since the 1950s. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/culture-shocked/202005/why-was-mask-wearing-popular-in-asia-even-covid-19

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

The western world and culture, especially in the US, does not receive mask wearing well, and perceives it as more threatening than anything else.

The only problem I have is the players who are backups need to be wearing them too. Like the backup quarterbacks. I see Jacoby walking around without one and in Reichs face. So make it for everyone even the players who are sitting there not in the game.

Nfl needs to tell the teams no public fundraisers or any of those kind of things.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

The western world and culture, especially in the US, does not receive mask wearing well, and perceives it as more threatening than anything else.

Maybe a perceived notion of being told what to do by the government? (or those in charge?) 

Example#1 -Seatbelt laws when it first started?

Example:#2-Helmet laws for residents in Indiana? 

A slippery slope no doubt. 

Archived