Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Good, All-Around Team Effort

RollerColt

Sshhhh.  Judging from the comments around here we're still terrible no matter what because of our schedule.  We blew the Jags game so our entire season is lost, Frank is an *, and Ballard likes the smell of his own farts.  TY is decrepit, our OL is bottom 5, and Taylor/Pittman are massive busts.  Did you know our opponents combined record is 1-8?  F'n Embarrassing!  *kicks trash can*

I think the good teams win games in different ways.  The one-trick ponies are the ones that fade out because once you can slow down the one thing they do well, you can beat them.  If this team can continue to be well-rounded, they don't need to be lights out in any one area.  In this league, you lose games more than you win them, and you lose them by having too many weaknesses.  Be well-rounded in all areas and you have a shot to win any game.  So far, so good for this team.  Let's see if they can maintain this pattern as the competition grows, starting Sunday.

10 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I think the good teams win games in different ways.  The one-trick ponies are the ones that fade out because once you can slow down the one thing they do well, you can beat them.  If this team can continue to be well-rounded, they don't need to be lights out in any one area.  In this league, you lose games more than you win them, and you lose them by having too many weaknesses.  Be well-rounded in all areas and you have a shot to win any game.  So far, so good for this team.  Let's see if they can maintain this pattern as the competition grows, starting Sunday.

Yes, the key here is that all three phases of the ball will need to play hero at different times during the season to win important games. I can easily see this upcoming Bears game as a classic slugfest. 

11 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Sshhhh.  Judging from the comments around here we're still terrible no matter what because of our schedule.  We blew the Jags game so our entire season is lost, Frank is an *, and Ballard likes the smell of his own farts.  TY is decrepit, our OL is bottom 5, and Taylor/Pittman are massive busts.  Did you know our opponents combined record is 1-8?  F'n Embarrassing!  *kicks trash can*

Sarcasm aside, and I’ve said it before, I think there is a strangely large number of people on this board that don’t understand the difference between constructive and destructive criticism.

Are there doom and gloom’ers? Sure. But don’t lump everyone who points out areas needed to improve into that category.

12 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Exactly.  I chalk that loss to the Jags as our warm up game.  Does our offense need some work? Sure.  But did we demolish some bad teams like good teams are supposed to do?  Yes we did.  I'm feeling much better about this year than last year already. 

37 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Sarcasm aside, and I’ve said it before, I think there is a strangely large number of people on this board that don’t understand the difference between constructive and destructive criticism.

Are there doom and gloom’ers? Sure. But don’t lump everyone who points out areas needed to improve into that category.

Of course there's a difference. In the JT thread you can find me agreeing with some of Nickster's criticism on him and taking his side when people wanted to call him a troll for daring to post something that wasn't overwhelmingly positive.

The fact is that there's MUCH more activity on this board when things go wrong than there is when things go right. And even when things go right, plenty of people are quicker to dismiss it.

There's a nice chunk of posters here that are only happy when they're upset.  Their posts are not constructive and amount to basically saying ir implying that players, coaches, scouts, and management are * because of impossible standards. THAT is who my post was geared toward. Not those who actually provide value to the forum.

9 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Of course there's a difference. In the JT thread you can find me agreeing with some of Nickster's criticism on him and taking his side when people wanted to call him a troll for daring to post something that wasn't overwhelmingly positive.

The fact is that there's MUCH more activity on this board when things go wrong than there is when things go right. And even when things go right, plenty of people are quicker to dismiss it.

There's a nice chunk of posters here that are only happy when they're upset.  Their posts are not constructive and amount to basically saying ir implying that players, coaches, scouts, and management are * because of impossible standards. THAT is who my post was geared toward. Not those who actually provide value to the forum.

Let them. Doesn’t mean you have to engage with them.

The alternative is that you run the risk of not fostering an inclusive environment for all opinions, even the bad ones.

To be clear I agree with your points about the negative nancy types. I’ve been here long enough to see that it’s pretty much the natural order of things.

Archived