Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trading Back?

Our #34 pick is one that is confusing me right now - I have our big needs as CB, NT, WR and TE after taking Luck.

Dre Kirkpatrick, Janoris Jenkins and Stephon Gilmore will probably be gone, not even sure I want Jenkins anyway - too many red flags for my liking.

Dontari Poe will be well gone, the next best if Alameda Ta'amu who will go late 2nd, early 3rd, so we'd be reaching there.

Rueben Randle is pretty good in my opinion and wouldn't mind taking him, but NT and CB ARE bigger needs - just.

Coby Fleener is obviously the one most of us want to play tight end, but what if he's gone? You're then looking at Dwayne Allen and Orson Charles, two players with mid-to-late 2nd round grades on them.

So where do we go with #34? I'd like in some way to be able to trade back and get more picks. If Grigson could get us #46 and #51 from Eagles it'd be good but I can't see it.

What would YOU do with #34?

some players will no doubt go lower then what alot expect it happens every year, Im seeing if by wild chance Poe is still their and if not Im going corner or if all the best are gone, I might wide receiver or Defensive Tackle still, Ill go Corner or Defensive Tackle before wide receiver though

some players will no doubt go lower then what alot expect it happens every year, Im seeing if by wild chance Poe is still their and if not Im going corner or if all the best are gone, I might wide receiver or Defensive Tackle still, Ill go Corner or Defensive Tackle before wide receiver though

Poe will be gone by #15, either Carolina or Kansas will snap him up.

I like the idea of trading down. Someone may want to move up to get Weeden or a QB there.. trade for two seconds or a second and a third.. This team needs more players. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they traded down and took Ta'amu late in the second and picked up an extra third.

This is what I'm thinking. Ta'amu, then CB top of third, WR in 3rd, Ladarius Green in 4th?

49ers have more pressing needs then a replacement for VD

Other than an offensive guard, what? They re-signed all their defensive players, they signed Moss + Manningham, Smith is fine, Gore is fine, Davis fine...there aren't many NEEDS there...

Other than an offensive guard, what? They re-signed all their defensive players, they signed Moss + Manningham, Smith is fine, Gore is fine, Davis fine...there aren't many NEEDS there...

Trust me.... they are going to want an offensive guard lol

Trust me.... they are going to want an offensive guard lol

I keep thinking they might, MIGHT trade up for DeCastro (Stanford connection again) but I dunno. I've seen Osemele and Zeitler mocked there but would be good for them if Glenn fell to them.

I'm not too sure about Gilmour as a fit for the new defense. I understand that he is first round talent but most scouts and even his former coaches say that he is excellent in zone but not great at man coverage. Almost everything I have read indicates our new defense needs corners who can play man. I'm also not sold on Ta'amu. Just too inconsistent. If Hill, Jenkins, Kirkpatrick, or Fleener aren't there, I like trading back and picking NT Brandon Thompson and CB Robinson or Boykin. Tommy Streeter or Chris Givens in the 4th.

If we grab an NT in the 2nd, he needs to be really talented because it's a tough position to learn and there seems to be a lot of misses on that position. It just seems to me that they would grab that position through FA. I would grab a WR or CB, whichever ones are at the top of Grigson's board. Trading down is fine also. We need quantity as well as quality.

Let us wait to see what projected 1st rounder drops down due to all the rising of other players.

I agree. If it turns out someone falls that isn't a need for us, trading back with a team who does have the need makes sense.