Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Circle" Games

BluHorzhu

With the regular season right around the corner, I thought this would be a fun time to project our collective narratives on the COLTS 2020 season schedule (my apologies if a similar thread has already been exhausted and buried).  What games you are most looking forward to and why?  Mine:

WEEK 5 @ Cleveland

Last year the Browns were the sexy pick as the league's big mover, and by a franchise never known to be successful.  They went out and purportedly fixed the offensive line, but that can't fix their QB problem.  I don't have anything against the Browns.  I just feel like I can see the potential narrative developing a mile away:  "Indy loses a game or two early vs. opponents they're 'supposed' to beat in a season disrupted by pandemic, civil unrest, and other fine disasters.  After losing their opener in Balty, the Browns have won 3 straight (against juggernauts such as the Bengals, the Washington Football Team, and the Cowboys) and look to make it 4 at home against a Colts team searching for a new identity." 

This is right about the time when Rivers will be getting pretty comfortable with his receivers, including Pittman and Campbell, who is pretty much in his rookie season after missing most of 2019.  The defense will have been there since Week 1, but that won't stop NFL "analysts" from ignoring the obvious and gushing all over a Browns team that "is finally living up to the hype."  As a former sports gambler and current semi-pro Fantasy Football owner, I've seen narratives like this play out more often than many will recall.  Remember this one if reality indeed indulges my fantasy.

WEEK 14 @ Las Vegas

I grew up in a Raiders household in New York.  I have now lived in Vegas for the past 15 years, so naturally I'm a die-hard Colts fan.  Will I pay $500 to have beer thrown at me and my life threatened so I can watch from the nosebleeds in my city's home stadium?  No.  I will film Raiders fans in the Westgate viewing stadium losing their minds as my Colts go up and down the field like Jimi Hendrix wearing out his guitar frets while on 3 hits at Woodstock.  I will then post said footage right here on this thread if the platform supports it.  My only hope is that the Raiders were still somehow in the playoff hunt and this drubbing of "Chokeland's Finest" will drive home the last nail in their 2020 coffin.  Nobody needs a reason to hate the Raiders, but I've got every reason in the world to root for this blowout.  This is not fantasy.  This one will be real.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you have the floor.

11/22 Packers @ Colts

For no other reason than I was going to have an old friend come to town to visit for the game, who lives in GB.  All plans were cancelled due to the plague.

9/27 Jets @ Colts

Or, rather "Colts at Colts", since there may be as many as NINE ex-Colts lined up in the green and white to play in Lucas Oil Stadium.

For me....

1. at Baltimore - can't wait to beat them in their house. IMO, it's going to be a good match up for us, and bad for them, similar to what TN was to them last year. And I think teams are starting to figure out ways to limit Jackson. It's the biggest statement game of the year, and could be incredibly important come playoff time.

2. Both TN games. Houston and Jax should be sweeps for both Indy and TN, and we need to win both vs TN and leave zero question as to who owns the AFC South. I think these games will be incredibly important to home field advantage like the Balt game.

3. at Raiders and at Pitt - Both of these games are near the end of the season, and should be pretty important for all three teams. I want revenge on both from last year.

4. All the NFC North games. 

14 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

11/22 Packers @ Colts

For no other reason than I was going to have an old friend come to town to visit for the game, who lives in GB.  All plans were cancelled due to the plague.

9/27 Jets @ Colts

Or, rather "Colts at Colts", since there may be as many as NINE ex-Colts lined up in the green and white to play in Lucas Oil Stadium.

Yeah my bro-in-law is a Packers fan and he will likely be coming in for this one.  I have to admit I admire the Packers organization since they are owned by the city.  It's a very different feel up there.  But I will no doubt be rooting for my boys in Blue & White in that one just as I did in 2012.  Should be a good contest.

15 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Yeah my bro-in-law is a Packers fan and he will likely be coming in for this one.  I have to admit I admire the Packers organization since they are owned by the city.  It's a very different feel up there.  But I will no doubt be rooting for my boys in Blue & White in that one just as I did in 2012.  Should be a good contest.

Packers  can't  stop the run

Archived