Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Supplemental draft

Isn’t it usually around this time?   I haven’t heard anything and I know there was talk about them allowing more players in because of the virus and a lost season but I haven’t seen any follow up.  

anyone know if there are any top prospects?

10 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Per that article, Walker Little might be worth some risk.  I don’t know what round but if he gets healthy could be a steal at a future need. 

I have zero problem using a late round pick on a guy in the supplemental draft. 

It'll be interesting to see who's in the mix. It's a really weird year. Many thought the sup draft would be bigger this year, then things quieted down. Now with teams having players test positive (Clemson had 23 IIRC), do some players make the jump? Or does the NFL delay the sup draft a while until we know what's going on with CFB.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I have zero problem using a late round pick on a guy in the supplemental draft. 

It'll be interesting to see who's in the mix. It's a really weird year. Many thought the sup draft would be bigger this year, then things quieted down. Now with teams having players test positive (Clemson had 23 IIRC), do some players make the jump? Or does the NFL delay the sup draft a while until we know what's going on with CFB.

I thought by now there would be a ton of stories or info on it and I’m not seeing anything.  Weird.  

10 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I thought by now there would be a ton of stories or info on it and I’m not seeing anything.  Weird.  

I think it's just a case where most kids want to play CFB this year, but if things start looking iffy for the CFB season, some will start to jump. Generally, the sup draft is just for kids who are ruled ineligible. This year, could be quite different. I think overall, the NFL will delay the date. 

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Per that article, Walker Little might be worth some risk.  I don’t know what round but if he gets healthy could be a steal at a future need. 

There isnt much written on Little, I havent seen him play as well

What little I have seen written, they think he isnt a T in the NFL

It appears that he may just go back to College as well

If you look at our current situation, I would think our biggest hole (at this point)

is a OT to develop and to do back up role.

We seem to have ample depth at all other positions......

CB hopefully gets a decent OT cast off from the waiver wire for depth.

It may be slim pickens........   

Walker Little is back at Stanford.   He’s not a candidate for the supplemental draft. 

Little is an interesting guy.   He was the top OT in the country his senior year.

Little was good but not very good as a freshman.  I think he played most of the season with a bad shoulder and that hurt his performance.   Last year, Little got hurt in the season opener and he missed the entire season.   It’s not clear if his surgery was arthroscopic or full blown?   And Stanford rarely, if ever leaks.   The CIA and FBI leak more than Stanford.   It drives many Stanford sports fans absolutely crazy. 

So there isn’t a ton of great tape on him.    Honestly,  Little, while 6’7” and 315, is not a physical style of player.  At least he hasn’t shown that as much.  His style is more finesse.  He’s going to shield and wall.  He’s not going to be much of a mauler and brawler.   If I’m wrong it’s because his injuries prevented him from showing what he can do.   That’s why a healthy 2020 season is key for him.   

Unless he has a lights out season,  I don’t see Little as a top-10 player.  Perhaps not a top-15/20 player either.   But he could go comfortably in the bottom half of the first round.   He could be a future replacement for AC.  But he’s really going to have to show out to go in the first.   Otherwise he could also slide into the second round.  

He should be on your radar,  but with an asterisk or two. 

12 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

There isnt much written on Little, I havent seen him play as well

What little I have seen written, they think he isnt a T in the NFL

It appears that he may just go back to College as well

If you look at our current situation, I would think our biggest hole (at this point)

is a OT to develop and to do back up role.

We seem to have ample depth at all other positions......

CB hopefully gets a decent OT cast off from the waiver wire for depth.

It may be slim pickens........   

I think we might see OT, S/DB, and perhaps TE adds during cut down time.

I do think we're done with FA, except I could see us bringing back a guy like Sheard or Geathers for depth if they are still around and willing to take a team friendly short deal.

As far a Little goes, hasn't lived up to his .995 and 5 star rating that's for sure, but he's had injury issues. I really thought he was going to end up at UGA (or even TX, TAMU, or Bama) and was surprised to see him go to Stanford. It's probably good he went to Stanford though, as he probably would struggle to recapture depth chart status at those other teams like UGA or Bama. Wouldn't be shocked to see him have a breakout year though if healthy.

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think we might see OT, S/DB, and perhaps TE adds during cut down time.

I do think we're done with FA, except I could see us bringing back a guy like Sheard or Geathers for depth if they are still around and willing to take a team friendly short deal.

As far a Little goes, hasn't lived up to his .995 and 5 star rating that's for sure, but he's had injury issues. I really thought he was going to end up at UGA (or even TX, TAMU, or Bama) and was surprised to see him go to Stanford. It's probably good he went to Stanford though, as he probably would struggle to recapture depth chart status at those other teams like UGA or Bama. Wouldn't be shocked to see him have a breakout year though if healthy.

You may be right.

With Blackmon likely out for all or most of the year, another DB might be in play. I think they like the 3 TEs they have, and with a true FB (if he makes the team) he could play some h back roles.  I’m not sure if they bring anyone in...

I am cautiously optimistic for the Colts to have a good year.... maybe 11 wins....

21 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

You may be right.

With Blackmon likely out for all or most of the year, another DB might be in play. I think they like the 3 TEs they have, and with a true FB (if he makes the team) he could play some h back roles.  I’m not sure if they bring anyone in...

I am cautiously optimistic for the Colts to have a good year.... maybe 11 wins....

DB is a bit of wildcard right now. I really hope Rhodes returns to form. And I hope we don't get hit by the injury bug. An improved pass rush will help all of the DBs, but simply a lot of moving parts.

I also hope MAC emerges at TE. 

There was a report that said many top players will enter the supplemental draft because of the health situation this year. We might end up seeing players that could go in round 1,2 or three getting selected for a 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick..

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

I know.  What seemed like an amazing possible supplemental draft becomes nothing 

I think it's possible the huge potential inflow of players wanting to enlist is the reason there won't be a supplemental draft. They didn't want to decimate next year's draft with a non-essential and not televised event. 

Archived