Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Are Some ‘Chris Ballard Guys’ for the Colts in the Upcoming NFL Draft?

43 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Everything I read about Michael Pittman Jr, just sounds like a colt player. Hard worker, leader, and talented. Sure hope we get him. He’s going to be a great player.

His game against Utah is legendary. Torched a secondary with soon to be NFL draft picks.

At this point, I have Pittman over Mims, and I think he hears his name called at 34. If we’re in win-now mode, you need Pittman. Most polished of the 2nd tier of receivers.

The more I study Hurts, the more I see Brissett. That doesn’t mean he’s going to end up like JB, but that hesitation; holding the ball too long could be a problem. 

Then again, Russell Wilson did something similar in his early years where he would dance around before finally making a decision to throw. I will be interested to see how Jalen develops.

Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia.

Supposedly off the charts character and leadership traits. He is a scheme fit too, similar player to Rock/Rhodes/Wilson. I think we will draft a CB somewhere in the middle rounds given Carrie, Rhodes and Wilson are not contracted with the Colts past the 2020 season. 

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

The more I study Hurts, the more I see Brissett. That doesn’t mean he’s going to end up like JB, but that hesitation; holding the ball too long could be a problem. 

Then again, Russell Wilson did something similar in his early years where he would dance around before finally making a decision to throw. I will be interested to see how Jalen develops.

Of all people, Steve Mariuchi likes Hurts and said he thinks he is a starter in this league.  

30 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Of all people, Steve Mariuchi likes Hurts and said he thinks he is a starter in this league.  

Very interesting. I noticed some games Hurts commands the offense better than others. His game against Texas comes to mind. He was fairly precise and was making quick strikes all over the field, and had a better time seeing the defense. 

I just hope he can learn to pass first and then run if needed. 

Look for long defenders, especially at CB, LB and EDGE.

Look for captains, high character guys.

Look for Senior bowl standouts... This might be doubly true this year because the senior bowl was the last event that had football exercises - no pro days, no private workouts, etc.

So... What players fit this criteria(in addition to some of the players mentioned above or in the article)?

- Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir Rhyne

- Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa

- Cam Brown, LB, Penn State

- Josh Uche, EDGE, Michigan

- Trevis Gipson, EDGE, Tulsa

- Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama

- Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa

- Kindle Vildor, CB, Georgia Southern

- Azur Kamara, LB/EDGE, Kansas

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jeremy Chinn, SS

-Senior Bowl guy

-Indy native

-Long arms

-Elite athletic testing

-Good tackler

-High character

Yep.  He is someone I expect to be a Colt.  Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him the #34 pick

Archived