Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which team will finish last in 2021 with chance to draft Trevor Lawrence as #1

14 hours ago, OhioColt said:

I vote the Redskins.  Haskins really isn't the answer and currently they are very likely to draft Edge Chase Young.  Now from what I can tell the Redskins still need an OT, WR, OG, CB, LB, TE, S and RB.  

Here is where it gets interesting folks.  Trevor Lawrence is said to be the best QB prospect to enter the NFL since Andrew Luck.  Since JB is getting paid to play handsomely this year and will be a FA in 2021...still with me?  Good because after the Redskins draft Young we make a phone call offering up our 2020 R1P13 and 2021 1st Round while giving them back their 2020 R2P2 for their 2021 1st Round pick.

Redskins should go after an OT with our R1P13 and more likely select a top WR or even Kmet in R2.  With the Redskins current QB situation we should have a very good chance to land Lawrence next year or at worst Justin Field (Ohio St).

Cleveland Browns or Bengals for top 1 and 2 picks for 2021 lol.

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I dont know why some of you think we would tank if Jacoby started. We were literally a few plays away from being 10-6 and winning the division and making the playoffs. A competent kicker and Jacoby not getting injured we probably win 3 more games. Hoyer wouldn’t of seen the field.

Yah but its how we finished that is most concerning.

15 hours ago, LockeDown said:

What happens if Miami picks Tua and he has to sit all year and they have the worst record.  They are faced with drafting Trevor or keeping Tua. 

They would likely deal the #1 pick for a king's ransom OR trade Tua and get a prince's ransom.

20 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Jacoby, if starting, will get us at least 9 wins next season.

Not happening! JB starting next year for 16 games will net you 4 wins. Now, in those 4 wins the defense has to play lights out and the running game has to be clicking. JB doesn't have the talent to put this team on his back. Plus, opposing defenses have to much film on JB. JB is done. Wouldn't want him in the locker room. Please Ballard, release this guy before he becomes a locker room cancer.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:52 AM, OhioColt said:

Either that are we could just simply be obvious like the last two generational QBs we took and cough* cough* tank with Brissett leading us again this year.  Oh wait that's actually not a very far fetched outcome come to think of it.  Suppose we could always do a package deal and trade both Nelson and Leonard trying to gain leverage.  It's a mad mad world we live in.  Who knows NFL might get canceled this year due to the Coronavirus.

Neither one of those QBs were generational.... Luck, nor Manning were the clear cut too of their generation.  They at least shared it with Brady and Mahomes.... This disqualifying the MASSIVELY overused and mislabeled "generational" tag.... Sorry not picking on you, but it's a pet peeves that's getting tweaked every ten posts nowadays lol.

On 3/7/2020 at 9:32 AM, lincolndefan said:

Not happening! JB starting next year for 16 games will net you 4 wins. Now, in those 4 wins the defense has to play lights out and the running game has to be clicking. JB doesn't have the talent to put this team on his back. Plus, opposing defenses have to much film on JB. JB is done. Wouldn't want him in the locker room. Please Ballard, release this guy before he becomes a locker room cancer.

The win total would be between  4 and 9 with Brissett  starting  assuming  other weaknesses  are addressed  in draft

21 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Neither one of those QBs were generational.... Luck, nor Manning were the clear cut too of their generation.  They at least shared it with Brady and Mahomes.... This disqualifying the MASSIVELY overused and mislabeled "generational" tag.... Sorry not picking on you, but it's a pet peeves that's getting tweaked every ten posts nowadays lol.

My post you are referring too was mostly meant to be sarcastic about us taking a dive this year.  Am also not a big fan of using generational.  Trevor Lawrence if he continues to dominate which I see no reason not to again this season he should have nothing left to prove at the collegiate level nor risk injury with a 4th year without turning pro.  Once Brady leaves NE it really wouldn't surprise me to see either NE or Skins via for worst record this season.  I would lean toward NE to win the tie breaker since they currently have the toughest schedule on the books this season.

On 3/9/2020 at 6:28 AM, Shafty138 said:

Manning was 100% a generational QB and Luck was a generational talent that was derailed by injuries. 

Archived