Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Albright-Chargers rumor Jalen Hurts

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wow if this happened what a sweet spot for the colts. Chargers could be a trade partner or they would take a tackle at six. Albright last year was kind of scary at how accurate his info was. 

Not buying it... Ironic that this is just announced right after the Chargers sent Okung to the Panthers

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So they just traded their LT. This is looking more and more they may take a tackle at 6.

What??!! A Tackle at 6? But everyone on here is in agreeance that you never pass over a Franchise QB like Love or Herbert for ANYBODY... Ha!! In fact you send all your picks to move up.... This sir is Blasphemous!!  :lol:

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Hurt does not have the arm talent or speed of Murray or Wilson nor the pocket awareness of Brees to make up for his stature imo

Not our problem if the chargers like him. His arm looked pretty good at the combine. It just increases the possibility a QB will be there without giving up assets. Rumor has it Anthony Lynn likes QB like Hurts.

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

What??!! A Tackle at 6? But everyone on here is in agreeance that you never pass over a Franchise QB like Love or Herbert for ANYBODY... Ha!! In fact you send all your picks to move up.... This sir is Blasphemous!!  :lol:

It’s a little different when the chargers have no left tackle. Colts dont need a LT at 13 right now. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s a little different when the chargers have no left tackle. Colts dont need a LT at 13 right now. 

OH good God .  If it were the Colts you would be coming up with every scenario to take a tackle in round 2 and still draft Love.    

I know your my neighbor and all but Come on!!! 

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So they just traded their LT. This is looking more and more they may take a tackle at 6.

I could see it. They now have a big need and getting an immediate starter at an important position works for me.  If we can draft a G at 6 they could certainly draft a LT. 

12 minutes ago, Indeee said:

We have a top 5 OL. They have a bottom 5 OL and their Ts gave up the 2nd most pressures in the league. Very different situation. It could also mean they sign a FA QB with taking Hurts. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

We have a top 5 OL. They have a bottom 5 OL and their Ts gave up the 2nd most pressures in the league. Very different situation. It could also mean they sign a FA QB with taking Hurts. 

Maybe, but for a team having a hard time filling the seats, passing over one of these "premiere" :sarcasm: rookie QBs would be hard to fathom, line or no line

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

So let me get this straight.... Because of NEED ... The Chargers should take an OT , sign a FA QB and draft Hurts.

But the Colts should Not take a 3Tech (BPA/NEED  Kinlaw/Brown) sign a FA QB and draft Hurts

yea makes perfect sense

Just now, indykmj said:

Just curious, how many OU games did you watch last year ? 

Not many,    But if it means being able to draft a Blue Chipper with the 13th and still get a QB then that is what I would do.  Hurts has talent, and it would work in this system

8 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Not many,    But if it means being able to draft a Blue Chipper with the 13th and still get a QB then that is what I would do.  Hurts has talent, and it would work in this system

In a way your opinion makes alot of sense. Ryan Tannehill was drafted top 15. He definitely was not a top 15 player. Second round, more suitable. And looking from afar, Jalen Hurts has similar traits as Ryan T (former WR). Hopefully Hurts has a better career. 

10 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Maybe, but for a team having a hard time filling the seats, passing over one of these "premiere" :sarcasm: rookie QBs would be hard to fathom, line or no line

IMO, LAC will either draft a QB early, or go after one of the bigger FAs. If they are making OL moves, tells me they might be trying to attract someone like Brady. Regardless, they need new OTs.

Just now, Rackeen305 said:

In a way your opinion makes alot of sense. Ryan Tannehill was drafted top 15. He definitely was not a top 15 player. Second round, more suitable. And looking from afar, Jalen Hurts has similar traits as Ryan T (former WR). Hopefully Hurst has a better career. 

I was able to watch some of his combine .  He looks a lot better to me than I thought he would 

Just now, WifiGuy said:

I was able to watch some of his combine .  He looks a lot better to me than I thought he would 

2 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

In a way your opinion makes alot of sense. Ryan Tannehill was drafted top 15. He definitely was not a top 15 player. Second round, more suitable. And looking from afar, Jalen Hurts has similar traits as Ryan T (former WR). Hopefully Hurts has a better career. 

How about this for a hail marry prediction. If the cards line up. How would this forum feel if by the time the Colts pick at 13, DTs are gone, QBs are gone. Perhaps a CB and top WR are available

The Colts select  WR Jerry Jeudy (ALA) 13 and QB Jalen Hurts (OKL) at 34.. Thoughts? 

11 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

So let me get this straight.... Because of NEED ... The Chargers should take an OT , sign a FA QB and draft Hurts.

But the Colts should Not take a 3Tech (BPA/NEED  Kinlaw/Brown) sign a FA QB and draft Hurts

yea makes perfect sense

That's not what I said. As far as tier 1 needs go.... The Chargers need a QB and OTs. We need a 3T and a QB. For the Chargers to be successful with a new QB, they need to improve on their bottom 5 OL, or whatever they do at QB will fail anyway. We have a top 5 OL, so don't have that issue. The passing game also went from 6th to 32nd IIRC ( I may be off a few), and is by far the worst performing unit on our team. Both situations are very different. If you want to be obtuse and blanket, feel free. 

If I were the Chargers, I'd address OT and QB both as early as possible, and preferably one in FA. The Colts the same (3T and QB). My preference is Rivers in FA, Love at 13, and mid round 3T (trading 34 and 44 to get 15-18th). 

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

How about this for a hail marry prediction. If the cards line up. How would this forum feel if by the time the Colts pick at 13, DTs are gone, QBs are gone. Perhaps a CB and top WR are available

The Colts select  WR Jerry Jeudy (ALA) 13 and QB Jalen Hurts (OKL) at 34.. Thoughts? 

I'd say yes .   Probably BPA anyway and definite need .   I'd say hell yea if we can get Hurts too

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

That's not what I said. As far as tier 1 needs go.... The Chargers need a QB and OTs. We need a 3T and a QB. For the Chargers to be successful with a new QB, they need to improve on their bottom 5 OL, or whatever they do at QB will fail anyway. We have a top 5 OL, so don't have that issue. The passing game also went from 6th to 32nd IIRC ( I may be off a few), and is by far the worst performing unit on our team. Both situations are very different. If you want to be obtuse and blanket, feel free. 

If I were the Chargers, I'd address OT and QB both as early as possible, and preferably one in FA. The Colts the same (3T and QB). My preference is Rivers in FA, Love at 13, and mid round 3T (trading 34 and 44 to get 15-18th). 

The difference is you have them NOT doubling up on the QB position like you have us doing. They take an OT/QB in FA     We do the same with 3Tech/QB .   But you have us also taking Love and them waiting to take Hurts.   Why would they not do the exact same thing?  Sign a FA  QB/LT and still take Love?

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

How much did he play this season though. I don’t think he played much. 

He didn't play much early on. He had blood clot issues and didn't come back to Oct. 

He was a PBer IIRC before he had issues. The guy they are trading for has had like 5 PBs in a row. I'm guess there's more involved, but Turner should start day one for them, and changes the whole dynamic.

4 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

The difference is you have them NOT doubling up on the QB position like you have us doing. They take an OT/QB in FA     We do the same with 3Tech/QB .   But you have us also taking Love and them waiting to take Hurts.   Why would they not do the exact same thing?  Sign a FA  QB/LT and still take Love?

I absolutely think they should double up. IMO, they are going hard after Brady. They just landed Turner in a trade. Now they need to address the other T position.

Just now, EastStreet said:

I absolutely think they should double up. IMO, they are going hard after Brady. They just landed Turner in a trade. Now they need to address the other T position.

Ok perfect .   then they should take Love also correct?

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He didn't play much early on. He had blood clot issues and didn't come back to Oct. 

He was a PBer IIRC before he had issues. The guy they are trading for has had like 5 PBs in a row. I'm guess there's more involved, but Turner should start day one for them, and changes the whole dynamic.

He played 6 games. But I get what you were saying. He is a aging LT with health issues so go get a young stud if your going after Brady.

Seems like the Panthers are in total rebuild mode. I bet they could be a trade partner. Looks like they could be doing what Miami did last year. 

Just now, WifiGuy said:

Ok, I'll spell it out.

1. They had very bad play from both their Ts. They need to replace both

2. They just traded away a T (not one of their bad starting Ts) and picked up a good one (Turner)

3. They still need to address the other regardless of what QB they go for in the draft or FA

4. If they are going after Brady, they are trying to look as attractive as possible, and need to replace both

5. If they are going to start a rook, they need to replace both

6. If they can upgrade the other in FA, then they should take a QB at 6.

7. If they can't (Brady will cost a lot, I'm sure Turner will too), they may want an OT early

8. They could also take an early QB, and take a guy like PTW or Cleveland in the 2nd. 

13 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Whoever they like most. Some say they are set on Herbert because he is more ready, but if they plan to bring in a FA to mentor, I'd personally take Love over Herbert.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He played 6 games. But I get what you were saying. He is a aging LT with health issues so go get a young stud if your going after Brady.

Seems like the Panthers are in total rebuild mode. I bet they could be a trade partner. Looks like they could be doing what Miami did last year. 

I just looked at snap counts, looks like he only has snaps in one game unless I was looking at someone else. 

Panthers have a lot of needs, and a new coach. I'm sure they'd love extra picks, or a package deal. IDL, QB, CB, IOL, and LB are all tier one needs for them, but I think they'll hang on to Newton one more year.

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Ok, I'll spell it out.

1. They had very bad play from both their Ts. They need to replace both

2. They just traded away a T (not one of their bad starting Ts) and picked up a good one (Turner)

3. They still need to address the other regardless of what QB they go for in the draft or FA

4. If they are going after Brady, they are trying to look as attractive as possible, and need to replace both

5. If they are going to start a rook, they need to replace both

6. If they can upgrade the other in FA, then they should take a QB at 6.

7. If they can't (Brady will cost a lot, I'm sure Turner will too), they may want an OT early

8. They could also take an early QB, and take a guy like PTW or Cleveland in the 2nd. 

ok   following you better .   Just making sure you weren't trying to make every scenario that gives us Love 

1 minute ago, WifiGuy said:

ok   following you better .   Just making sure you weren't trying to make every scenario that gives us Love 

I think they are simply in a very different position. Their OL situation hurts them badly in terms of trying to be QB ready (FA or rook). And really it depends on what they are trying to do. If they, or the Colts are going to bring in a FA mentor, then I'd say Love has the higher ceiling, but is less ready. If they (or Indy) want a rook to start right away, then I'd probably go Herbert. I also think both Hurts and Gordon are better than people think (not near as good as the top 4, but better prospects than Fromm and Eason).

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think they are simply in a very different position. Their OL situation hurts them badly in terms of trying to be QB ready (FA or rook). And really it depends on what they are trying to do. If they, or the Colts are going to bring in a FA mentor, then I'd say Love has the higher ceiling, but is less ready. If they (or Indy) want a rook to start right away, then I'd probably go Herbert. I also think both Hurts and Gordon are better than people think (not near as good as the top 4, but better prospects than Fromm and Eason).

I would trade the farm for Tua .  He is the best QB in this draft 

Archived