Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[PFF] Post-Combine 2020 NFL Mock Draft

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-2020-post-combine-mock-draft-redskins-go-with-tua-tagovailoa

There are some shockers in there... Tua goes to Washington. This is worth monitoring because PFF were one of the first outlets to put both Mayfield and Murray at no. 1 and were adamant that those are the picks those teams should make and it's interesting to see if they will keep harping on Tua to WAS in the next month or so. Is WAS the next Arizona with a disappointing highly drafted QB they move on from after just one year?

Anyways. Here's the Colts' pick:

13. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS – WR CEEDEE LAMB, OKLAHOMA 

The Colts got to see firsthand what Ceedee would look like in Lucas Oil over the weekend, and the Oklahoma wideout didn’t disappoint. After some questioned how he’d test athletically, Lamb put up a 4.5 40 and was more than solid across the board. Lamb’s ability to win at the intermediate range would be massive if the rumors of Philip Rivers to Indy come true.

Here's some interesting names on their mock:

4. Mekhi Becton to the Giants

7. Jeff Okudah falls a bit... 

9. Derrick Brown to Jaguars ... falls a bit

11. Andrew Thomas to Jets.. .4 OTs go in top 11

21. Jalen Reagor goes R1 to the Eagles

28. Kyle Dugger to Baltimore. I think this is the first R1 mock for Dugger I've seen.

29. Ezra Cleveland to Titans... another debut in R1 mock for a player that killed the combine. 6OTs go in R1

30. Denzel Mims goes R1 to the Packers

I can definitely see 4 OTs being taken in the top 10, but is it just me or does anyone else think our WR need is getting overblown?  

I mean we had a lot of injured WRs last year. We still have TY and Campbell and if we resign Funchess which I think is possible we have good depth under those three. Sure we could use another rookie to eventually replace Funchess or TY as the number 1 but I don’t think we need to use a first rounder. 

I like the Cowherd metaphor that WRs are like frosting, it’s good to have but you need the cake first

8 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I can definitely see 4 OTs being taken in the top 10, but is it just me or does anyone else think our WR need is getting overblown?  

I mean we had a lot of injured WRs last year. We still have TY and Campbell and if we resign Funchess which I think is possible we have good depth under those three. Sure we could use another rookie to eventually replace Funchess or TY as the number 1 but I don’t think we need to use a first rounder. 

I like the Cowherd metaphor that WRs are like frosting, it’s good to have but you need the cake first

I somewhat agree to an extent. IF we get Funchess back I admit that in theory a healthy trio of Hilton, Campbell, and Funchess gives room for optimism BEFORE the draft. Then there is likely to be some intriguing WR options still available at 34 and 44. That said, I do still definitely think it's a need. And if Lamb or Jeudy are the top guy on the FO's bigboard, I don't see why we shouldn't take them. (Assuming they have QB plans worked out). They might not be the biggest need, but neither was Nelson. We needed O-line help, but did we need a first round guard more than some other positions? But he was a need and he is a heck of a talent, so they made, what thus far seems like a smart choice.

6 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Admittedly Dugger feels likes a Baltimore type picks. An athletic enforcer like Dugger could be a nice addition to Baltimore's typical defensive fierceness. 

Personally would love for us to draft Dugger with our first pick in R2.  With his combine performance only reiterating what he done in college he should be drafted either late in R1 or early in R2 imo.

10 hours ago, Zoltan said:

WR need..........  Overblown?

I’ll take “no!” for $1,000 Alex. 

I’ll take “Oh hell, no!!” for $2,000 Alex. 

You can still prioritize other positions over WR.  But that doesn’t mean the position isn’t important.   Including TYH,  the Colts have no one that makes opposing DC’s lose sleep.   No one that scares them.   No one that causes them to re-think what they do on defense.  We have few serious weapons.   We need to upgrade that.  Starting this draft and hopefully finishing with the 2021 draft. 

18 hours ago, stitches said:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-2020-post-combine-mock-draft-redskins-go-with-tua-tagovailoa

There are some shockers in there... Tua goes to Washington. This is worth monitoring because PFF were one of the first outlets to put both Mayfield and Murray at no. 1 and were adamant that those are the picks those teams should make and it's interesting to see if they will keep harping on Tua to WAS in the next month or so. Is WAS the next Arizona with a disappointing highly drafted QB they move on from after just one year?

Anyways. Here's the Colts' pick:

Here's some interesting names on their mock:

4. Mekhi Becton to the Giants

7. Jeff Okudah falls a bit... 

9. Derrick Brown to Jaguars ... falls a bit

11. Andrew Thomas to Jets.. .4 OTs go in top 11

21. Jalen Reagor goes R1 to the Eagles

28. Kyle Dugger to Baltimore. I think this is the first R1 mock for Dugger I've seen.

29. Ezra Cleveland to Titans... another debut in R1 mock for a player that killed the combine. 6OTs go in R1

30. Denzel Mims goes R1 to the Packers

Usually, I don't think much of PFF's mock drafts, but this one seems mostly reasonable.  I was surprised that J. Love was not mocked in the 1st round.  On a side note, if Washington does take Tua would they keep Haskins or try to trade him?  I assume they would attempt to trade him, I wonder what his trade value would be.

14 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Usually, I don't think much of PFF's mock drafts, but this one seems mostly reasonable.  I was surprised that J. Love was not mocked in the 1st round.  On a side note, if Washington does take Tua would they keep Haskins or try to trade him?  I assume they would attempt to trade him, I wonder what his trade value would be.

In the video they suggested they trade him and they thought a late first-early second would be a reasonable price. 

Archived