Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garrard to the Dolphins [Merge]

ColtsBlueFL

I think they will stick with Moore.

Another question is how much bigger did the Smith contract just get?

I hope that Smith's contract doesn't get any larger. He hasn't shown much and I doubt that he ever will. If you are in the market for a QB that can look downfield and then check down to the RB 20 times a game, then he's your man. He's the master of the checkdown.

I hope that Smith's contract doesn't get any larger. He hasn't shown much and I doubt that he ever will. If you are in the market for a QB that can look downfield and then check down to the RB 20 times a game, then he's your man. He's the master of the checkdown.

he took the title from trent edwards?

The mood down here is at an all time low, there is even going to be a protest to fire Ireland outside the Dolphins facility tomorrow. This franchise is a joke right now. Stephen Ross needs to sell the team because he has no idea what the heck he's doing. The stadium is going to look like the Marlins games the last few years which is sad considering this was once a proud franchise. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Matt Millen > Jeff Ireland

The mood down here is at an all time low, there is even going to be a protest to fire Ireland outside the Dolphins facility tomorrow. This franchise is a joke right now. Stephen Ross needs to sell the team because he has no idea what the heck he's doing. The stadium is going to look like the Marlins games the last few years which is sad considering this was once a proud franchise. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Matt Millen > Jeff Ireland

I don't really get it because I thought they played with a lot of heart last year and showed flashes of being good toward the end. I want them to improve to challenge NE.

I don't really get it because I thought they played with a lot of heart last year and showed flashes of being good toward the end. I want them to improve to challenge NE.

Well they did have a pretty nice run at the end of the year, but trading their best player in Brandon Marshall and releasing the team's leading tackler in Y. Bell didn't help anything. After starting 0-7 all 6 of their wins were against teams that missed the playoffs and they lost to the only quality teams they played in Dallas, Philly and New England. They're a looooooooooooong ways away from competing with the Pats, actually, scratch that. The next time the Dolphins will compete for division titles is when the Brady and Belichick era is over, so they'll never compete with them. Maybe the get Matt Barkley next year, who knows. They need to fire Ireland right now though. They took a big step back this offseason.

- 34 years old

- Took a year off football

- Coming into a whole new system

Three recipes for disaster. Alex Smith would have been a better sign. If you ask me, it looks like Matt Moore will end the season again in Miami.

Matt Moore will start over Garrard. This signing makes no sense at all to me.

Agreed, Alex Smith made the most sense. In typical Dolphins fashion, they get >>>ed-over again, and you know what, they freagin deserve it.

They had everything going to get PM, but they didn't have the balls to take the next step.

They had a great chance to take Drew Brees, but they didn't and that was because of....

...Nick Saban, a terrible coach signing. Didn't belong there from the start and that's because of a poor FO.

Year after year, the Dolphins seem to >>> up something.

They had a great chance to get a QB in 2008, but they passed up on him to get a freagin LT? Long is terrific, but was it really worth passing up on a franchise QB? No.

They can't hire a good coach, and they don't have the balls to do anything in free agency.

That's the reason why they haven't won the big one since the freagin 70's.

I love the Dolphins, they have a place in my heart, because my dad was and still is a fan, and I had a house near Miami when I was growing up. They're my 2nd favorite team (not even close to the Colts). It just tickes me off to see them >>> up year after year after year.

Agreed, Alex Smith made the most sense. In typical Dolphins fashion, they get >>>ed-over again, and you know what, they freagin deserve it.

They had everything going to get PM, but they didn't have the balls to take the next step.

They had a great chance to take Drew Brees, but they didn't and that was because of....

...Nick Saban, a terrible coach signing. Didn't belong there from the start and that's because of a poor FO.

Year after year, the Dolphins seem to >>> up something.

They had a great chance to get a QB in 2008, but they passed up on him to get a freagin LT? Long is terrific, but was it really worth passing up on a franchise QB? No.

They can't hire a good coach, and they don't have the balls to do anything in free agency.

That's the reason why they haven't won the big one since the freagin 70's.

I love the Dolphins, they have a place in my heart, because my dad was and still is a fan, and I had a house near Miami when I was growing up. They're my 2nd favorite team (not even close to the Colts). It just tickes me off to see them >>> up year after year after year.

I agree with everything you just said lol. I'll always love the Dolphins as my 2nd team, even though I keep telling myself that I'm done being so stressed over a franchise that's not even my favorite lol (I often find myself more stressed over the Dolphins problems than the Colts because I actually believe in the Colts FO to fix it) it's so frustrating because it seems like every year they're in position to get over the hump but they always **** it up. Last year I really wanted Miami to try to trade up to #1 to get Cam Newton before the hype train hit him, then I wanted them to get Mallett, in 2008 I couldn't believe they picked a LT over Matt Ryan as great as Long is. They passed on Drew Brees.. twice!! They picked Ronnie Brown at 2 in the Aaron Rodgers draft (can't completely fault them for not seeing how good Rodgers was because a lot of teams didn't) now they couldn't get Luck, RGIII, Matt Flynn and Peyton Manning. It just sucks right now, it really does.

- 34 years old

Three recipes for disaster. Alex Smith would have been a better sign. If you ask me, it looks like Matt Moore will end the season again in Miami.

Interesting recipe of disaster. What do you think of PM in Denver?

- 36 years old

I dont get why Miami would think Tebow is a serious upgrade over Matt Moore. Moore actually played pretty well towards the end of the year.

Have Gerrard start and draft a QB and let him sit for a year or so.

Yeah, he really is.

Nope. Watch and see who starts and finishes the season next year. Garrard may not even be on the roster by seasons end. If Garrard was that good don't you think they would still have him in JAX, I mean have you seen Blaine Gabbert?