Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaguars (reportedly) firing Tom Coughlin

Superman

Apparently this contributed to his firing:

After laying out the issue, the NFLPA went scorched earth on the Jaguars. It revealed that 25 percent of all player grievances over the past two seasons have been filed against the Jaguars. The letter ends with this ominous warning: “You as players may want to consider this when you have a chance to select your next club.”

Yikes! 25% of all grievances filed were against the Jags. That is a disproportionately large number against just one team in a league with this many teams.

As the union lays out, the Jaguars fined one player over $700,000 in 2018 because that player did not attend offseason rehab at the team’s facility. 

Link

• Like 2

He is an old school guy cut out of that Bobby Knight cloth, needs to know times have changed and rules have changed. As a top executive, the least he should know are the rules negotiated in the CBA. He has outlived his welcome and I, personally, am glad to see him go.

6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

As long as he does not become like Lynch in San Fran 

If Irvin becomes anything legitimate in the modern NFL, I will eat my own foot and offer the grissel to my dog. The last time he had a position of any responsibility was on ESPN during the probowl 4-5 years ago.

He was so coked up, even ESPN fire him

I don't think this is about Coughlin being old. He's been this guy throughout his career. He famously butted heads with the stars of the Giants over the same stuff, and was close to being fired before he and Strahan found a way to get on the same page.

Also, this isn't about coddling players. Ironically, Coughlin is all about "following the rules, or else." But he clearly crossed lines, in the process breaking the rules himself. So if you hypocritically break NFL and CBA rules while trying to rigidly enforce your own rules, how can you expect the people who report/answer to you to respect you, or your rules?

• Like 1