Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson. Pagano Talk Wayne And Redding

CR91

Grigson on Wayne: “Reggie Wayne has been a pillar in the Colts organization and is already one of the greatest receivers to don the horseshoe. His leadership, sense of team and the way he conducts himself on and off the field are invaluable to the franchise. Reggie continually strives for excellence and that matches the attitude and vision we share as an organization. He is a true pro in every sense of the word and we are ecstatic he is back in the fold.”

Pagano on Wayne: “My relationship with Reggie dates back to our days at the University of Miami and I knew back then that he was going to be a special player. Reggie is a tireless worker who competes at an extremely high level. He’s always been proud to represent the Colts and we are thrilled to have him back.”

Grigson on Redding: “Cory is a big and aggressive interior 5-technique player who is an ideal fit in this defense. This type of player is hard to come by because of the traits required to play over large offensive linemen while still being a force to stop the run. Cory has all of the characteristics to be very successful within our scheme and he will complement the rest of the defense very well. We’re excited to have him.”

Pagano on Redding: “Cory is a fantastic player, leader and family man. He was a tremendous asset to our defense in Baltimore and he pieced-together one of his best seasons last year. Cory will fit in nicely with what we are trying to accomplish on the defensive side of the ball this year.”

Both very solid players and very solid contracts. If we can fill our roster with similar signings and continue to spend wisely we could be a 6-10 team next year. Very exciting.

Edit: I just realized that sounded sarcastic...I really ment that. I am happy.

Im stoked to see this new defense! I cannot wait! So happy Reggie is staying and with this signing. I think we could end up being very good. Oh, why does it have to be so far away? I miss football so much right now. I'm anxious to see what else we do in free agency and with the draft. :yay:

Brother Grigson, Reggie is one of the greatest receivers to ever wear ANY helmet.

http://www.pro-footb.../rec_career.htm

"sigh" can we stop nit picking everything everyone says? Grigson clearly aknowledge how good Reggie is and was not trying to take a or slight his greatness at all by saying he's one of the greatest WRs to ever wear the horse shoe. He was praising him I am sure Grigson would agree with your point that Reggie is one of the greatest of all-time.

"sigh" can we stop nit picking everything everyone says? Grigson clearly aknowledge how good Reggie is and was not trying to take a or slight his greatness at all by saying he's one of the greatest WRs to ever wear the horse shoe. He was praising him I am sure Grigson would agree with your point that Reggie is one of the greatest of all-time.

Is nit picking about nit picking not nit picking? Or am I just nit picking?

Idk about six and ten, the colts seem like they might be strong for the upcoming season at the most important places... QB, Oline, Dline... I think some fans will be surprised

In theory we may be strong at those positions but dont forget, it takes a team to be good and it takes time to gel a team together and learn a whole new scheme. We have had top notch defenders in Freeney and Mathis over the years but the defense has suffered still because there was not really a good team around them. Now, you add playmakers to the mix and it will take time to gel them, Freeney and Mathis how to be used in this hybrid defense and all the others in the mix to become familiar with each other.

As for the QB, he may be the next Peyton Manning but it wont come in full effect this season, it will take some hard knocks and a NFL level learning curve. He will most certainly create some errors that will cost the team a game or 3 but thats the learning part. If it is all easy, and he makes no mistakes, that will be something. In theory, he has all the tools that has made Manning great and add in he is mobile too plus they say, at this point in his early career, he is more NFL ready now than PM was when he came into the league. That will take time to see.

My goal for this year is to build that oline into a New England like fort and protect Mr. Luck. If the oline gets tougher and they can fill those gaping holes that alowed so much pressure on the QB last year, Luck will have a quicker learning curve on the speed of the NFL. If he has to run all over the field by the NFL speed guys, he will struggle.

Saying all this, I am extremely excited about this upcoming season and draft. I think it will be just as fun as the 1997 season and watching PM and the new group play together and gel into what became a 12 year run at greatness. The potential to match that is in themaking but I guess every teams fans can say the same thing. Its eternal hope!!

In theory we may be strong at those positions but dont forget, it takes a team to be good and it takes time to gel a team together and learn a whole new scheme. We have had top notch defenders in Freeney and Mathis over the years but the defense has suffered still because there was not really a good team around them. Now, you add playmakers to the mix and it will take time to gel them, Freeney and Mathis how to be used in this hybrid defense and all the others in the mix to become familiar with each other.

As for the QB, he may be the next Peyton Manning but it wont come in full effect this season, it will take some hard knocks and a NFL level learning curve. He will most certainly create some errors that will cost the team a game or 3 but thats the learning part. If it is all easy, and he makes no mistakes, that will be something. In theory, he has all the tools that has made Manning great and add in he is mobile too plus they say, at this point in his early career, he is more NFL ready now than PM was when he came into the league. That will take time to see.

My goal for this year is to build that oline into a New England like fort and protect Mr. Luck. If the oline gets tougher and they can fill those gaping holes that alowed so much pressure on the QB last year, Luck will have a quicker learning curve on the speed of the NFL. If he has to run all over the field by the NFL speed guys, he will struggle.

Saying all this, I am extremely excited about this upcoming season and draft. I think it will be just as fun as the 1997 season and watching PM and the new group play together and gel into what became a 12 year run at greatness. The potential to match that is in themaking but I guess every teams fans can say the same thing. Its eternal hope!!

It will definitely be a bit rough but with just Dan orlovsky the colts were able to win games. The colts will have a better defense and run game so I think it's gonna be a good one.