My Final 53 and PS

Archer

WR   Funchess, Cain

TE   Doyle, Hentges

LT   Castonzo, Clark

LG   Nelson

C   Kelly, Boehm

RG   Glowinski, Haeg

RT   Smith, Brett Toth (final cuts from Philly)

TE   Ebron, Cox

Slot   Rogers, Campbell

WR   Hilton

QB   Brissett, Kelly (Walker for the first two weeks – Lord help us.)

RB   Mack, Hines, West, Wilkins

Offense   24

RDE   Turay, Banogu (DEs depth chart a little messed up while Sheard is out)

UT   Autry, Lewis, Ward

NT   Hunt, Stewart

LDE   Houston, Mohammad, Sheard

SAM  Adams, Franklin

MLB   Walker, Okereke

WLB   Leonard, Speed

CB   Ya-sin, Wilson

FS   Hooker, Odum

NB   Moore, Milton

SS   Geathers, Willis

CB   Desir, Tell

Defense   26

K   Vinatieri

P   Sanchez

LS   Rhodes

Special Teams   3

PS   QB Walker (or FA QB), RB Williams, OG Munyer, OT Barton, WR Hogan, WR Dulin, DT Shippy, DE Green, CB Taylor, S Nacua

I almost kept Krishawn Hogan as our 53rd man, but that honor went to Zaire Franklin.  Really, the fact that Campbell looked healthy was the deciding factor for me.  Franklin should be more useful on ST.  Wouldn't be a problem, however, to keep only five LBs, as we are usually in nickel and essentially only have two starting LBs...

• Like 3

If Luck was QB, Hentges probably does not make the team. But we might feature in more running with multiple TEs inline with Brissett.

Last year, Reich started with lots of dinking and dunking to get Luck into rhythm coming off his shoulder surgery in the Bengals game where he threw 50+ times. This year he might do that with Brissett to get him lots of easy completions and assist with the run game, especially on the road to help calm things down before he can take chances.

Might be a good game plan as well to neutralize what the Chargers do well, with their pass rush. Key is our guys have to separate. Do what the Patriots did, got rid of the ball fast to pass catching RBs and run with multiple TEs constantly.

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

.............lots of dinking and dunking to get him lots of easy completions and assist with the run game, ................Might be a good game plan as well to neutralize their pass rush. 

I think this is the only way the Colts can win.

Especially in the first few games.

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Can't see Evan Boehm making the team anymore. 

Not based on what we’ve seen, that’s for sure.  But we don’t know what protections they called.  He may look better with the real offense in practice.   

He does have pretty decent tape from last season, in a different scheme.  He may be a slow learner.  

1 hour ago, Archer said:

WR   Funchess, Cain

TE   Doyle, Hentges

LT   Castonzo, Clark

LG   Nelson

C   Kelly, Boehm

RG   Glowinski, Haeg

TE   Ebron, Cox

Slot   Rogers, Campbell

WR   Hilton

Offense   24

UT   Autry, Lewis, Ward

NT   Hunt, Stewart

SAM  Adams, Franklin

MLB   Walker, Okereke

WLB   Leonard, Speed

CB   Ya-sin, Wilson

FS   Hooker, Odum

NB   Moore, Milton

SS   Geathers, Willis

CB   Desir, Tell

Defense   26

K   Vinatieri

P   Sanchez

LS   Rhodes

Special Teams   3

PS   QB Walker (or FA QB), RB Williams, OG Munyer, OT Barton, WR Hogan, WR Dulin, DT Shippy, DE Green, CB Taylor, S Nacua

I almost kept Krishawn Hogan as our 53rd man, but that honor went to Zaire Franklin.  Really, the fact that Campbell looked healthy was the deciding factor for me.  Franklin should be more useful on ST.  Wouldn't be a problem, however, to keep only five LBs, as we are usually in nickel and essentially only have two starting LBs...

I’m glad you’re still adding backup tackles!!!!!

• Like 1

Yeah, after Haeg, I’m not all that happy with our OL depth.  We’re kinda stuck with LeRaven, and I think he can be serviceable if he has to go in.  I chose Boehm over Andrews b/c he’s better at guard, even though Andrews is the better center.  I’d target OL depth early in next year’s draft, no matter how it works out this year...

20 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah, after Haeg, I’m not all that happy with our OL depth.  We’re kinda stuck with LeRaven, and I think he can be serviceable if he has to go in.  I chose Boehm over Andrews b/c he’s better at guard, even though Andrews is the better center.  I’d target OL depth early in next year’s draft, no matter how it works out this year...

I agree that we could use more quality depth on the OL. The thing about the final 53 is that it's not final until everyone else has their final 53. I am sure Ballard will be watching for O-linemen who get cut from other teams and might help here. The other thing to remember is that there is a new OL coaching staff and it may take a couple of games to get everyone in synch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archer said:

WR   Funchess, Cain

TE   Doyle, Hentges

LT   Castonzo, Clark

LG   Nelson

C   Kelly, Boehm

RG   Glowinski, Haeg

TE   Ebron, Cox

Slot   Rogers, Campbell

WR   Hilton

Offense   24

UT   Autry, Lewis, Ward

NT   Hunt, Stewart

SAM  Adams, Franklin

MLB   Walker, Okereke

WLB   Leonard, Speed

CB   Ya-sin, Wilson

FS   Hooker, Odum

NB   Moore, Milton

SS   Geathers, Willis

CB   Desir, Tell

Defense   26

K   Vinatieri

P   Sanchez

LS   Rhodes

Special Teams   3

Good list. I almost bet we could squeeze in A Hogan and the RB Williams as well as Franklin if we wanted. We put Boehm out as we only dress 7 olineman a game so in order to keep guys we want, just cut the fringe oline guy, he isn’t going to be scooped up anyway. Could also live without Milton for a game or two if needed and pick him up later if you really wanted to protect a project guy. Knowing that Clark and Haeg can back up multiple spots (marginally) that helps to just go into the game week with 7 on the roster and keep those guys you really wanted to see at game speed or hope to hang onto in second rounds of cuts/injuries that happen in live play. 

• Like 1