Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moving down

If anything I think we are talking about moving back into the first for the 5th. yr. option.  Florio and Simms just mentioned the Colts at 34 and the Raiders at 35 as teams that could do it.  They used Jacobs as an example of a player they could do it for if they thought he would fall out of the 1st as they like the idea of a 5th. yr. option for a RB.  

9 minutes ago, coltsfan40 said:

Yes I think pats want Abrams !

Pats want Darnell Savage, unless someone gives them a trade to get to No.32 like teams did for Bridgewater and Lamar Jackson, to get the 5th year option for a QB to develop. He has been moving up and the rumor is that he may creep into the top of the 1st round.

I could see it happening (Colts moving up a couple from 34). A lot of teams move up to late 1st to get that fifth year option. 

That move would make a lot of sense if they think that Simmons might be available at 31. It would be critical to get a 5th year option with his injury just to cancel out the loss of a cheap rookie year.

I wouldn't want to give up anything except a 4th though... That might be enough for 3 slots if the Rams don't have a better offer.